PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-29-2001, 11:09 PM #43
CEO

has been a member for 10 years
Viking

All your comments of the past few days were discussed Sunday evening. (Long into the evening if you get my drift.)

A round table discussion was conducted after the completion of the Cup. The general concensis was that the product had received a fantastic reception all week. Minor adjustments will be made for the final version.

In addition the product will receive a more fancy facelift and will be suitably anodized other than hard black. Availability will be before Christmas.

Please check with your local distributors or the factory.

CEO
Old 10-30-2001, 02:11 AM #44
Styles *****ley
GREY POWER

Styles *****ley is a Supporting Member
Smile

Don't forget the LED light(s). Would be a great way to show Christmas cheer. I'd really like one on my Excalibur.
Old 10-30-2001, 08:07 AM #45
M98King

pic

Hey, one of my friends, Great Morpheus got this pic of the viking while he was at WC, just thought id let you guys see
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dcp_0018.jpg (72.9 KB, 544 views)
Old 10-30-2001, 09:37 PM #46
Paulis

That looks nice.

What size tank is that on there?
Old 10-30-2001, 10:59 PM #47
Smeek
I R pukeboy

Annual Supporting Member
Smeek is a Mega Moderator
Smeek is a Supporting Member
Smeek is a founding member
Smeek plays in the USPL
Smeek supports Bob Gurnsey
Smeek supports our troops
The viking is very cool I'm planning on getting one for myself. The tank is a 45/45 conquest.
Old 10-30-2001, 11:42 PM #48
mezpo

can someone give a better description of how this marker operates? it was said that it will bounce off of balls instead of chopping but if it is open bolt and the bolt is tied into the hammer then it seems like it would chop. also are the air passages the same as an excal or is the body modified somehow? i can see changing the hammer to accomodate the link to the bolt but it would also mean that the hammer/valve would have to be in the chamber on the opposite side of the gun. Anybody know how they accomplished this?
Old 10-31-2001, 12:12 AM #49
Ballin' Paint
James

Quote:
Originally posted by Smeek
The viking is very cool I'm planning on getting one for myself. The tank is a 45/45 conquest.
You sure its not a 68? Looks like it to me.
Gilles Rear sets, CRG levers
HID's High/Low, 520 15/42 with Xring
Speedo healer, Corbin seat

"RC51's are not for everyone...not everyone likes twins messing around between their legs"
Old 10-31-2001, 01:04 AM #50
Smeek
I R pukeboy

Annual Supporting Member
Smeek is a Mega Moderator
Smeek is a Supporting Member
Smeek is a founding member
Smeek plays in the USPL
Smeek supports Bob Gurnsey
Smeek supports our troops
Mezpo it will bounce of balls because the bolt still closes with a pressure about that of the excals. Instead of pinching like an excal it returns to the open position and the ball chambers. You'll have to wait for Sully or Auctionjunkie to help out with the internals I'm not sure how they have it set up.

Ballin' I'm pretty sure it's a 45 but maybe I wasn't paying attention when I was filling it at cup.
Old 10-31-2001, 08:30 AM #51
mezpo

well i guess if the weight/diameter of the ram on the excal is the same weight/diameter as the hammer it would bounce. normally the added weight and momentum of the hammer causes the balls to be chopped. are you basing this off of what youve seen or what youve heard? im not saying i dont believe you im jsut curious as to why none of the other similar electronics have been able to pull that off.
Old 10-31-2001, 10:24 AM #52
JoKeR 13

JoKeR 13 is a Supporting Member
Yes, that is a 45/45 Conquest.

As far as the bolt bouncing off balls goes. This is the only open bolt gun that I will stick my finger in and shoot (like you can do on the Excalibur). I won't even attempt this with other guns because I have seen fingers fractured.

Here is the run down on the inside of the Viking. Looking at it from the back you have your LPR on the front left. Behind that you have LPR air storage (Like Sully said doesn't do anything, but it makes Aaron happy). On the front right you have your valve assembly and behind that is your bolt ram.
Old 10-31-2001, 11:00 AM #53
mezpo

the bolt ram is then used as a hammer as well correct?
Old 10-31-2001, 11:08 AM #54
mezpo

i hate aka...j/k. i finally thought i was happy with the guns i own and they have to come out with this. Now i just might have to go out and buy a viking. i love my merlin and my intimidator but the timmy might have to go to make room for a viking.
Old 10-31-2001, 12:35 PM #55
PiranhaPro

So what is the advantage to this? Is it just a cheaper way to have an Excal? Minus the closed bolt?

It seems nice, just wonderin' what the point behind it is.
Old 10-31-2001, 01:42 PM #56
Reciprocity

The closed bolt nature of the Excal requires it to have 2 expensive soleniod valves and 2 independant rams. In comparison to the Angel which has 1 electronic valve(14way vavle) and 1 ram and the Excal has 2 electronic valves and 2 rams. AKA saves alot of money by just losing 1 solenoid valve and 1 ram and tying the bolt to the hammer ram like the Angel. Then they just change the programming on the board, which is simple becuase they used a board that they can program.

Does this make it an Angel clone? In many ways yes. As with any AKA product it will have some type of performance edge. My guess is it will be very efficiant and lower preasure then even an Angel with AKA parts and volumizers. The reason being that the Excal body used by the Viking was built from the start to have huge volumes of air and high flow.

It also opens up a new market for AKA where they can start to compete with the Matricies and Intimidators of the world. This will allow them to sell more total Markers and then they can order more Solenoid valves and parts that are shared by both markers. This then lowers their cost and lets them increase their profit margins. They can also use the same milling patterns on both bodies which also can save in some overhead. I think the New Viking is a very good idea. I think it will perform very well in comparison to an Angel and they will probably sell more of them then Excals.
Excal #200 with New Board and New LED Tray.
Shocktech Rail Drop Forward.
68/45 Angel AIR.
www.walkonkings.com
Old 10-31-2001, 03:41 PM #57
PiranhaPro

Quote:
Originally posted by Reciprocity
The closed bolt nature of the Excal requires it to have 2 expensive soleniod valves and 2 independant rams. In comparison to the Angel which has 1 electronic valve(14way vavle) and 1 ram and the Excal has 2 electronic valves and 2 rams. AKA saves alot of money by just losing 1 solenoid valve and 1 ram and tying the bolt to the hammer ram like the Angel. Then they just change the programming on the board, which is simple becuase they used a board that they can program.

Does this make it an Angel clone? In many ways yes. As with any AKA product it will have some type of performance edge. My guess is it will be very efficiant and lower preasure then even an Angel with AKA parts and volumizers. The reason being that the Excal body used by the Viking was built from the start to have huge volumes of air and high flow.

It also opens up a new market for AKA where they can start to compete with the Matricies and Intimidators of the world. This will allow them to sell more total Markers and then they can order more Solenoid valves and parts that are shared by both markers. This then lowers their cost and lets them increase their profit margins. They can also use the same milling patterns on both bodies which also can save in some overhead. I think the New Viking is a very good idea. I think it will perform very well in comparison to an Angel and they will probably sell more of them then Excals.

I understand now...

I think this would be a good gun to truley test the whole closed bolt/open bolt deal. It has the same shooting platform, same internals (pretty much) same reg, same barrel. If you put the same paint through it I'd like to see the results.

*Looks at Dan*
Old 10-31-2001, 10:08 PM #58
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally posted by PiranhaPro

I understand now...

I think this would be a good gun to truley test the whole closed bolt/open bolt deal. It has the same shooting platform, same internals (pretty much) same reg, same barrel. If you put the same paint through it I'd like to see the results.

*Looks at Dan*
Who me???? I've shot some paint through it but only a very small amount. As soon as they are available I'm planning on getting one. What I really want to compare it to is the Angel. I'd love to see the stats on that!! From the very quick and very, very unscientific test we did in comparing the Excalibur and the Viking they were pretty close. The Excalibur seemed to have less kick and a tighter pattern than the Viking. The Excalibur we used was Rizzo's and has been well broken in. I'd like to test the Viking that was at Cup since it now has a few bazillion shots on it. I'll ask tomorrow when I go into AKA for some other stuff.

Dan
Old 11-01-2001, 02:07 PM #59
PiranhaPro

Is there anyway when you test them to shoot from a bench?
Thanks
Old 11-01-2001, 05:50 PM #60
ballbusters86

Sweet,
Im actually able to get a job now. half is goin to savings, half is goin to paintball. im gettin this instead of a matrix now. when will they be out and how much are they gonna cost around?
Old 11-01-2001, 07:09 PM #61
badchad

You know, reading the posts that mention that exact information is really a benficial..
Old 11-02-2001, 05:19 PM #62
ballbusters86

yes, i was wondering if anyone had any new info
Old 11-04-2001, 10:22 PM #63
grinch
here we go........

about the whole wholesale and being cheaper for the dealers thing? I'll beleave it when I see it.. I really hope this is the case though becuase as I siad I really enjoy selling AKA products becuase I know I have a happy customer with a reliable product.
as i said though .. I'll beleave it when i see it.
balling is our biss!