Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-15-2003, 09:54 PM #1
dbailey2121

has been a member for 10 years
Armotech who's copying?

Hey guys,

I just wanted to share with you some observations that I have made about the Armotech guns. First off they are huge and pretty poor copies of the VM-68. The Zeus is a copy of the PT Enforcer another crappy gun. What I am thinking what happens then you make a copy on a copy machine. Hmm it turns out even worse. Also I think that it is screwed that the are making guns that look real. It is just a matter of time before some poor kid gets his head blown off by a police officer that thinks that it is a real gun. Any one that buys one of theas guns is responcible for that when it happens. So you have to think before you buy your crappy copy of an old *** gun what you are doing to the sport in general. I think that you ppl that suport this company are just as bad as the fools on Jackass having a paintball gun duel.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2003, 04:08 PM #2
kameleon
street by street

Qho cares, alot of people still play paintball as a hobby not a sport and alot of them play in military-like scenarios. And anyone stupid enough to be on the streed with any paintball gun should be shot.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:57 PM #3
motorola844
O' Royal SLick One

responsibility
This Is How We Find How It All Unwinds
Old 06-17-2003, 12:23 AM #4
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

First off, who cares if the markers look like real guns? Airsoft guns are available everywhere for much less and a more convincing. Besides, ANY black paintball marker looks enough like a gun to worry any gas station attendant or police officer. Hell, didn't you hear about the man who was shot ten times by police officers in Chicago because he held up a CELL PHONE? You people worry too much.

Second, clone or not, the Zeus is actually an improvement on the PT Enforcer. And as for the other guns being copies of the VM-68, guess what? So are %90 of all the paintguns being manufactured today...including your precious PT Enforcer.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:14 AM #5
dbailey2121

Just because Airsoft does it does not mean that paintbal should. That is like saying that since OJ killed his wife and got away with it you should too. Also I was not refering to blow back guns ingeneral. What I am saying is that they took a VM-68 and slapped some parts on it and called it a new gun. You can take the parts off the Armocrap guns and swap them with a VM-68. Can you do that with a spyder no !!!!!! All you ppl that by these piece of crap guns are ruining the reputation that all legitimate paintballers have built over the years. The ONLY ppl that I ever have asking for "sniper rifles" are nOObs that don't know a paintgun from there browneye.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:44 PM #6
SNiPER FiRE 7
Awaiting Email Confirmation

you comparesons are very poor...what does OJ have to do with paintball??? dude you !@#$ing retarded, just like you running your mouth to me in the "just a suggestion" thread....Its friggin treehugging dorks like you that screw up the world today! shut up, i dont think you know what your talking about...

and how is they copies of the vm-68?? its a pump and they look nothing like the "vm-68"..

zues's could kick you beloved "bling-bling" cocker or angels *** up and down the street. And it dont even look like the pt xtreme, and out performs it.....

i bet you have never even shot an armotech....so you know what I THINK???

SHUT UP YOU !@#$ING DORK!!!!! Thank You!
and come to the armotech forum and run your mouth...come on big man????? .......Pu$$y

Last edited by SNiPER FiRE 7 : 06-17-2003 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:46 PM #7
dbailey2121

Hey sniper still trying to get over the realization that you are gay? For you information I spent 6 years active duty as a tanker in the Army. So I know what it is like to live that life. I think that you are a fool and a morron. First a VM-68 was a blowback semi and if you take all that plastic off the Armocrap guns you will see a VM-68. Third I have shot the Armocrap guns and you know what I AM RIGHT THEY ARE CRAP!!!! Dude you should just plan on digging a ditch for the rest of your life because I am sure that you will not get above a 35 on your ASVAP test so there will be three things keeping you out of the military

Last edited by dbailey2121 : 06-17-2003 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:51 PM #8
dbailey2121

Sniper you should do the world and the gene pool a favor and go point your Armocrap gun at a police officer
Old 06-18-2003, 03:14 AM #9
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
My, the flames. . .

Okay, for starters any blowback semi is based on the venerable VM-68, just like any cocker today is based on the orignal cocker that's been around for more than a decade. The point of the markers was specifically so you could get scenario markers (or markers for tactical training, but I think ATS makes a better on for that field) at fairly low cost. It uses a proven technology that is very user friendly and very durable, and performs very well when tweaked right (The Angel is also a blowback semi). The added plastic you speak of is there for a very simple reason: cosmetics. In other words, it's just there to look good. The whole "it looks too military" argument is honestly a bunch of crap. As was stated previously, markers look enough like a real gun to give someone pause, and these just took it a step further to make it look more realistic. This was intentional in case you couldn't figure that one out. While the effect of markers like these on the global perception of the sport is questionable, and could in fact be argued, you cannot argue with the fact that they perform the exact function they where designed for.

As far as the Zeus being a clone of the PT Enforcer, well that is true. However, it is at the very least equal to all the aspects of the enforcer, and is in fact superior in many ways. For starters, lets look at bore size. The PT Enforcer had a gargantuan bore size of over .7 inches. This caused a number of problems including diminished accuracy anddecreased maximum speed (I never got mine over 250 fps). The Zeus also makes the gun much more ergonomic over the enforcer with the addition of a softer grip, better designed bolt and a better designed clip that allows for faster removal of the plug. The only disadvantage the Zeus has is its weight, as it seems to way significantly more than the Enforcer.

And honestly people, enough with the flames. If you want this place to stay mod free then show some maturity and try to keep the conversation civil. If you are just going to come in here and spew hatred of the company, then you had no reason to be here.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:06 PM #10
motorola844
O' Royal SLick One

debailey-your points are about as sharp as a spoon
first off its not just armotech that is copying or w/e so go try somewhere else
reputation of paintballers? thats just bull crap myths from noobs that dont care

i admire anyone who was/will be in da armed forces so you still cool in my book though bailey
This Is How We Find How It All Unwinds
Old 06-18-2003, 09:37 PM #11
dbailey2121

no I am saying that it is a VM-68. Not like the black dragon is a spyder copy. And the Angel is not a blowback if you think that you are a morron too
Old 06-18-2003, 09:41 PM #12
dbailey2121

oh and the first blow back semi was the SMG-60
Old 06-18-2003, 10:37 PM #13
SNiPER FiRE 7
Awaiting Email Confirmation

first...i got the highest score in my school for the asvap....second, woopedy doo you were in the army...my dad spent 3years in the 3rd recon marines...he had more time in the bush in a month than you have had your entire life..so i think my gene pool is pretty clean and clear....i think you are a fool and a moron also..b/c i didnt say one thing about you or to you, and you start calling me gay??? i think your the repressed h0m0 here...so once again...your wrong..like i said RUN YOUR MOUTH IN THE ARMOTECH FORUM..it's an invitation!!! Pu$$y

Last edited by SNiPER FiRE 7 : 06-18-2003 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:41 PM #14
Jakaldawg

First off lets clear the slate for the zeus. The zeus is an improvement over the pt enforcer and extreme. It has better internals, faster loading, better upgrades, Better milling, stronger metal, easier dissasembaly. The only defect of it over the pt extreme is weight and it is a tad bit bigger. So dont even bring the Zeus into this because it is probobly the best mass produced semi auto paintball pistol out there right now.
I know where you are coming from on the little kid getting his head shot off thing but right here in my hometown a guy was shot for holding up a drill (yes a cordless drill). Most cops are smarter than that though, a cop would most likely think twice before shooting a 12 year old holding up an m16. But your looking at it a little to extreme. Mil Sim games are very fun, By the way your comparison to the OJ thing was horrible. Thats not even close to a good comparison. Killing is illegal, having a paintball gun is not.. so there isnt any realativity to it.

Its like saying, well you shouldnt put mustard on your hot dog because he did it. What if everyone killed themselves just because he did.. That makes about as much sense *** your comparison.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:14 AM #15
dbailey2121

haha I was in a heavy cav unit we spen 300 days of the year in the field each year. Also having the highest score for the short bus is not all that impressive. Also it is not your gene pool you morron. It would be your genetics. How can you improve crap? I mean if you said that you imporved a PGP or some decent gun I would believe you. But when you "improve" a pile of crap all you get is a better pile of crap. If you had A brain cell left in your head you would understand that my comparison was ment to be extreame because I feel that you idiots are ruining the sport that I have helped build. I don't think that a single one of you have been in the sport from the early days. If you had you would not be buying this crap. Why would you spend $400 plus on a gun thats design is almost 8 years old and was not that great from the get go? I mean if they were based on an autococker the only thing that I would object to is that they are mil-sim but it is not the case. Also I have not seen one post on here refuting that it is build on the VM-68. So I think that I am right and you fools are wrong. I just wish that you would play with real guns so I would not have to flame you for being morrons.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:04 AM #16
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

The PGP is crap? Maybe if you are talking in terms of sheer firepower, then yes, I would say that it is crap. However it is incredibly durable, reliable and extremely accruate. It is probably the second best stock gun ever made, next to the phantom. And honestly dbailey I fail to see you say what you think is a good marker. Obviously the vast majority of them are crap, as you have eleminated closed bolt, open bolt blow back and open bolt solenoid operated.

As far as the open bolt theory being low quality from the start, well once again you're wrong. When it first came out, the Spyder (Stacked tube open-bolt blow-back) was top of the line. And I have still not found any verifiable information as to why the open bolt theory is truly inferior, especially when you consider costs. Out of all my tests, the open bolt guns have one disadvantage over say, blow-foreward or closed bolt guns: poor velocity consistancy. However, both the automag and autococker come with regs when you buy the gun, and considering the low cost of the Spyder these days, you can add an aftermarket reg and get very comperable consistancy at a very reasonable price.

All in all however I think your main problem is irrational hatred of mil-sim markers. The performance of the markers is comparable to similarly priced markers, so the only real gripe about them must be looks.

And seriously dbailey, enough with the flaming. You're not helping your case at all by calling everyone and everything stupid.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:12 AM #17
dbailey2121

Dude read before you post
Old 06-19-2003, 02:20 AM #18
dbailey2121

You must have a complete lack of understanding of the way paintball developed. At no time was the spyder top of the line. When the spyder one came out there were mags and cockers on the market. Also I was not saying that the PGP was crap I said that the Zues is crap. Also to explain to you morrons. I like Cockers, Mags, Pulse, Shocker, Angels, and anything BUT the damn ARMOCRAP guns. If are too stupid to understand that the gun is an outdated piece of sh1t then you should just get the hell out of paintball. There is no way in hell that one of those guns shoots as well as a cocker or any of the other guns that I have stated. And is not an irrational hatred of the mil-sim guns. The mil-sim guns prject an image of paintball that it is a war loving sport. maybe for the few Idiots that buy the ARMOCRAP guns it is but you DO NOT belong in paintball go play airsoft.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:38 AM #19
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

I think I am well aware of the way paintball was created, and yes, the Spyder was once a coveted gun. But I'm not going to use the fact that you seem to lack that knowledge to make fun of you. As far as having an "outdated" model, you must know in your "wisdom" that the cocker is a far older model, and at heart its the same gun now as it was a decade ago.

As far as paintball being projected as a war sport, get over it. No matter what color your gun is or how politically correct looking it is, it doesn't change the fact that you attempt to eleminate players by marking them with a paintball. Paintball will always look like a war sport to those who chose to give it a sterotype rather than play the game.

And as far as the Armotech company making crap, if you can give me verifiable testable reasons why their model is so drastically inferior to everything else on the market, then i'll yield this "discussion" to you. Until then, take your idiotic flame spewing elsewhere.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:00 PM #20
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

I don't think arguments of who spent more time in the military, either themselves or vicariously through their father, is getting anyone anywhere, so try and stay on topic without turning this into a pissing contest.

Real quick though, the Spyder was NEVER, EVER a top-of-the-line gun. It was released in 1994, and by that time you already had superguns like the Predator Autococker and Tom Shultz Minimag defining the tournament scene, and while blowbacks still were quite popular they were not taken as seriously as WGP or AGD-produced raceguns. The Spyder WAS hailed as a breakthrough in cost-effective guns for newer players, though, and at $200 offered more than anything else in its class. It's main selling points were all of its high-tech features, like a ball-detent, barrel, powerfeed, and venturi bolt. The fact that it was cheaper than a Tippmann Pro-Lite and lighter than a VM-68 made it very popular and jumpstarted the sport's evolution to a semi-dominated game for new players, but the Spyder never did and never will make an impact on the top-of-the-line guns in the market.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:31 PM #21
Jakaldawg

Well of course the cockers and the angels and those types will be better than a blowback in ROF. But in most scenario games you dont see many cockers or angels. What you see are all sorts of blowbacks from SMG 60's to custom made. Armotech guns were made for the scenario type. Not for speedball. An armotech gun is pretty much like your spyder or piranha in design. And most scenario players like myself dont care about ROF, just about accuracy. Thats why the SMG 60s and VM-68s and such are still in play in scenarios. The armotech guns have no advantage over the spyders or piranhas other than they have a better stock barrel and come with a few upgrades. They just give more of a realization to the game. And i think everyone here knows the difference between paintball and war, so its all in fun to dress up your gun, just prefrance. Same as you speedball guys (some of you) Like to put all the high tech gadgets on your guns and all to make them work better and give them a paintjob to make them different.

By the way, The zeus wasnt really cloned off the pt extreme. It has a similar system (all blowbacks do) but has better parts. So no they really didnt copy, the idea of a paintball pistol has been around for a long time.

Last edited by Jakaldawg : 06-19-2003 at 02:35 PM.