Community Focus

Old 11-15-2015, 06:12 PM #1
BenThePaintballer
Ben From DFWAP

BenThePaintballer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BenThePaintballer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BenThePaintballer supports Ninja Paintball
Empire Axe Bolt Stick?

My Stock Empire Axe has been having a major problem with bolt stick recently, I've re-lubed/re-cleaned the gun 3 times now and it still bolt sticks, I've re-tuned it and everything. Help!
"SKEETED ON BOI"
BenThePaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2015, 10:26 PM #2
SilentBall55

SilentBall55 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Is your spring on backwards? You should consider changing out the orings just in case a ripped or damaged oring is hanging up the bolt.

I have yet to get a single bolt stick on either the Axe or GS.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:22 AM #3
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
 plays in the NXL
sdzell18 plays in the APPA D1 division
sdzell18 is All In
Can you describe your bolt stick more clearly so we can help. Is it sticking forward or does it not cycle the first few times you pull the trigger? These are two different issues that have very different solutions.
My Feedback +43, -0
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:39 AM #4
ILoveHelloKitty85

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdzell18 View Post
Can you describe your bolt stick more clearly so we can help. Is it sticking forward or does it not cycle the first few times you pull the trigger? These are two different issues that have very different solutions.
Yes, would have to agree.
BenThePaintballer, can you describe the problem more? Does your paint just roll out of the barrel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenThePaintballer View Post
My Stock Empire Axe has been having a major problem with bolt stick recently, I've re-lubed/re-cleaned the gun 3 times now and it still bolt sticks, I've re-tuned it and everything. Help!
But on that note, knowing what I read that you have done. I would ask, what type of grease do you use?
Also, what area do you play in? It does play a factor.
I live in New York. In the Albany area. Around this time, it gets a little cooler and if I don't have fresh grease on (from the past few days), it acts up. I will get paint rolling out of my barrel or it gets stuck in the barrel. So the bolt is having a bunch of friction. So I clean up the old and make sure each o-ring on the "Bolt slide", I think its called, it's the long black part that the bolt is on. Make sure the o-rings are greased and make sure the rest has a nice fresh coating of grease.
I use the Hattersauce. I works, still haven't found the best type since I think it's a little too thick for winter play. Think this winter, I'll have to get some tri-flow and use one drop to thin it out a bit this winter.

Hope that helps a little bit.
ILoveHelloKitty85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:31 PM #5
baggedbirds

baggedbirds supports Shocker RSX
baggedbirds supports Ninja Paintball
I had an issue like that amd I went through everything. In my case it was the battery. It was a procell, amd wasn't reading low on the board. I never had that before
Bob Long Reptile #19
Bob Long Reptile #41
baggedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:35 PM #6
BenThePaintballer
Ben From DFWAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post
Is your spring on backwards? You should consider changing out the orings just in case a ripped or damaged oring is hanging up the bolt.

I have yet to get a single bolt stick on either the Axe or GS.
My spring is in the right position, i already tried that.
"SKEETED ON BOI"
Old 11-24-2015, 03:36 PM #7
BenThePaintballer
Ben From DFWAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdzell18 View Post
The bolt will cycle forward, and shoot a paintball, but the bolt will not cycle back. I have put a new battery in, and re lubed the gun but the bolt still will often sit in the forward position.
"SKEETED ON BOI"
Old 11-24-2015, 03:39 PM #8
BenThePaintballer
Ben From DFWAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveHelloKitty85 View Post
Yes, would have to agree.
BenThePaintballer, can you describe the problem more? Does your paint just roll out of the barrel?

But on that note, knowing what I read that you have done. I would ask, what type of grease do you use?
Also, what area do you play in? It does play a factor.
I live in New York. In the Albany area. Around this time, it gets a little cooler and if I don't have fresh grease on (from the past few days), it acts up. I will get paint rolling out of my barrel or it gets stuck in the barrel. So the bolt is having a bunch of friction. So I clean up the old and make sure each o-ring on the "Bolt slide", I think its called, it's the long black part that the bolt is on. Make sure the o-rings are greased and make sure the rest has a nice fresh coating of grease.
I use the Hattersauce. I works, still haven't found the best type since I think it's a little too thick for winter play. Think this winter, I'll have to get some tri-flow and use one drop to thin it out a bit this winter.

Hope that helps a little bit.
I use SLEEK Lube, its the lube my whole team uses. And i play in the Dallas(North Texas) Area. The last time i played with my axe was about 2 months ago when it was around 105 degrees. Thanks for the help!
"SKEETED ON BOI"
Old 11-24-2015, 05:14 PM #9
SilentBall55

SilentBall55 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
I run the real stuff Dow Corning DOW33 in both my Axe and GS. Never got bolt stick ever.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:32 AM #10
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
 plays in the NXL
sdzell18 plays in the APPA D1 division
sdzell18 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenThePaintballer View Post
The bolt will cycle forward, and shoot a paintball, but the bolt will not cycle back. I have put a new battery in, and re lubed the gun but the bolt still will often sit in the forward position.
Bolt sticking forward is because 1 of 4 things:
1) Swollen bolt tip (most common)
2)Swollen small bolt guide o-rings
3) Swollen Bolt o-rings
4) Worn out bolt spring.

This happens sometimes if people allow broken paint to sit on o-rings or bolt tip too long. You should remove all the o-rings listed above and rinse them and the bolt and bolt guide under warm water. Then if that doesn't help you should replace the parts listed above 1 at a time starting at #1 until the issue is resolved.
My Feedback +43, -0
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:24 AM #11
Victoririzarry1979

I am haveing kind of the same problem please can some one help .My bolt gets stuck also but for me to get it lose I took the top half off then un screw the round plastic tube that hold the bolt in when it's aired up I think it's suppose to release when I take the air tank off but it's not releasing my guss also if don't air it up the bolt comes out fine ez but once I do air it up it's stuck unroll I take it apart again and it's a brand new gun out of the box
Victoririzarry1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:43 PM #12
JP_GISPORTZ

Annual Supporting Member
JP_GISPORTZ works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoririzarry1979 View Post
I am haveing kind of the same problem please can some one help .My bolt gets stuck also but for me to get it lose I took the top half off then un screw the round plastic tube that hold the bolt in when it's aired up I think it's suppose to release when I take the air tank off but it's not releasing my guss also if don't air it up the bolt comes out fine ez but once I do air it up it's stuck unroll I take it apart again and it's a brand new gun out of the box

Iím sorry you are issues with your AXE. To best fix your problem, please contact our technical support service department at tech@paintballsolutions.com or you call them directly at 1-800-724-6822 ext 4. Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. Thank you and I hope you have a great day..

Dir of Customer Relations & Service
GI Sportz Direct, LLC
info@gisportz.com
JP_GISPORTZ is offline   Reply With Quote