Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-08-2014, 11:26 AM #1
liquidrain

Axe & Z2 breaking paint. LF suggestions!

Hi!

I posted something similar on empires support site but have yet to hear back. Figured I would give this place a shot. Thanks for all the Axe info btw

I recently purchased a new dust red Axe. Love the marker! It's half the weight of my old autococker! But for some reason it keeps breaking paint. It's only had a little over 3 cases through it. I've had to do full disassembles after everyday of play to clean. I also purchased a Z2 at the time since it was supposed to be gentle on paint.

Well, it seems they like to break paint to together. It could be the paint? But 3+ different brands? I've shot 1 star GI rec(all they had left), Draxxus rec past sat, Valken Infinity sunday(which seemed to be fairly tough via drop test).. and 1-2 pods of something else while on the field. I also used my very old gen 1 Halo a. And it still broke paint though it didn't seem to break even close to as much. It seems I could shoot bursts of shots but if I tried to sustain a rope the break chance was almost inevitable. Going to try to grab some of the highest grade stuff they have left this weekend... but I fear it just be sprayed everywhere.

All 3 items have had fresh Duracells used.

Axe -- The only setting I've touched on the Axe was to put it in semi for one field and auto for another, 12bps. PSI is a shade under 200(was 180 but has slowly crept back up and stayed under 200).
The CheckIt valve is still in place and looks clean/good.
All screws were tight when I took it apart last night.
The eyes were clean with no paint at all Sunday night.
I'm able to push the detents in very easily when installed.
I've tried 3 different barrels, stock, old school SP freak and a fibur-x... (both tried with 689/691 same results).
Saturday night I took the poppet out and cleaned/greased the o-ring to make sure that wasn't it.
I did notice a little wear on the end of the bolt guide last night when I checked everything.
And when I chrono it seems to be anywhere from high 250s to low 290s.... THO I was trying to overbore to make sure it wasn't the barrels. Most of the paint could roll though the barrel with almost no preasure.

Z2 -- I tried the reset deal since I read it might be putting much tension on the stack. But after I did that it didn't seem to feed correctly/fast enough Sunday. I did notice Sunday after it wasn't feeding, first game or two, that paint was all the way up in the feed tube around where the window eye thing is and all the way down on the bolt. So that could by why it want feeding correctly. But I through messing with it and tried my old Halo. Which did seem to work better. The Z2 felt smooth around the window.. though further down it was a little rough in the neck area where they meet. Possibly a bad Z2?

The tank I'm using currently is an old PMI with a brand new reg. 850 psi output. The crossfire SS I purchased came with a broken gauge so I'm unable to use that at the moment to test. Eventually replace that and switch to 450 psi.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Current Lights:

red 4 -- auto
green 9 -- 12bps
amber 11 -- 8ms dwell
f.red 5 -- debounce 5ms
f.g 5 -- bip 5ms
f.a 3 -- ramp start
very fast r 3 -- ramp sustain
liquidrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:59 AM #2
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Have you done a blow back test on the Axe?
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:45 PM #3
liquidrain

Oh, sorry forgot mention.. Yes I tried that Saturday night after cleaning. They hardly moved.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:11 PM #4
silentstuget
support your local store

silentstuget has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
silentstuget supports Empire
Hummm? This is tough, it there any way that the eye board may me defective? Are you shooting with the eyes on? Or off? I know its probably a stupid question. but it sounds like the eyes aren't doing there job very well? I have a stock axe and v2, and I shoot marbs with no problems so I dont think it is your paint? Unless your field has had it sitting around for a half of a year.
silentstuget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:37 PM #5
liquidrain

Eyes are def on. I can turn the marker on, pull the trigger and it wont fire.. After the first game or two Sunday they did seem to work when the Z2 had paint over the feedneck/eye area and not feeding fast enough.

It's very possible it could be old paint sitting around all winter? Everything looked ok with a visual inspection, but never know! This weekend I plan to grab a single bag of whatever the highest grade they have and test with it. They should be getting new stock this week. Didn't have much left Sunday.

Everything looks good with the Axe from what I can see from a visual inspection... but then again I've only had it for about a month now.