Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-13-2015, 05:21 PM #1
Scotty1700

Worth it to put money into a sniper?

Now I've asked about a similar situation before and I'm curious of a second opinion. I'm getting a great condition sniper with everything included from a buddy I know maintained it well for $275. I'm really contemplating getting a complete freak barrel kit and the techt hush bolt for it all new for ~$200. I know the gun comes with 3 barrel backs but I've been thoroughly impressed with my brother's freak barrel and with it being cocker threaded, it'll work with my next gun I'm thinking about buying probably 6 months down the road. I've heard the all american front makes the gun much quieter and the hush bolt will make it slightly quieter as well. In other words, if the freak kit would improve my experience, I have no trouble buying it now. Do you think it's worth it or is it a impulse/excessive buy?

Edit: I really want to silence my gun as much as possible, that's another reason I want to buy these things.
Scotty1700 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2015, 06:56 PM #2
BigPumpPlayer

BigPumpPlayer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Both will VERY slightly reduce sound sig, so they somewhat accomplish your goals. I like the freak, I run it on everything and have not looked back from buying my kit years ago.

I wouldn't do it for your case. If you want it long term and want to resell the sniper with the sniper kit at some point, go for it. I really recommend against the bolt. You will see minimal gains compared to investment. Techt does some great stuff but the bolt particularly on a pump is somewhat silly.

I say no matter what you do freak wise, don't bother on the bolt and run stock.
VSC Green/Silver Washed Phantom
Palmers Brass N' Wood 1K Blazer
Twister Ion Pump
Saved for Twister Sniper coming soon!
"I Fight YOU!!! Pew Pew!"
BigPumpPlayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:23 PM #3
Scotty1700

Thanks for the advice. I've heard good and bad about the bolt. I think I'll try out the stock barrel for a bit before investing in the barrel kit, I did a trial run with the stock and I remember it being okay, but not nearly as consistant as my brother's kp with a freak barrel.
Scotty1700 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:44 AM #4
Clark Gryphyn

The Sniper's barrel kit is wonderful, so no, you don't *need* a Freak kit for it. If you want one though, get one. Make yourself happy.

As far as the bolt goes, I had money to spend on tinkering and have used the TechT and the Check-It bolt, as well as the Check-It internals, and what BPP says above is very true. It does cool stuff, it just is a lot of money for not a whole lot of difference over stock. Stock is great, I'd keep it that way unless you just have to tinker like I did.
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:07 AM #5
bonusball024

bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Although you didn't mention it, the only upgrade that seems to be worth the money is the Check it products upgrade kit. Smoother operation and better quality internals.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:01 AM #6
Clark Gryphyn

I wish there were a way to just get the internals, without having to buy the stainless steel guide rod or their bolt, and save some bucks.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:23 AM #7
StinKb8

I had a freak barrel for my axe that i threw on my sniper when i still had it, really no better in any way(unless you're going for some different look).... the barrels that come with the sniper are great, I'd save your money from a barrel and spend it more wisely elsewhere...
StinKb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:02 PM #8
bonusball024

bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Gryphyn View Post
I wish there were a way to just get the internals, without having to buy the stainless steel guide rod or their bolt, and save some bucks.
I don't know the price difference, but the CCM SS-25 lower tube kit is what you're looking for.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:55 PM #9
Clark Gryphyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonusball024 View Post
I don't know the price difference, but the CCM SS-25 lower tube kit is what you're looking for.
Good to know! Maybe that will help some others save some $.