Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-17-2008, 09:46 PM #1
RobertSims
Self-Taught

RobertSims is an NCPA player
*The Ultimate How To Fix Your Mini Thread*

Foreword:

If some aspect of your mini is “broken” refer to this guide to find information on how to fix it yourself without looking like an idiot. The guide is fairly easy to use, simply click on the type of issue you are having and you will be directed to a list of possible fixes. Before using this guide, make sure you have properly cleaned and lubed your mini (how to properly lube your mini) as well as replace the battery with a fresh name brand battery. Also, you should follow MaxOC’s tuning guide to make sure your settings are good to go. (MaxOC's tuning guide)

If you have an issue that is not covered in this guide, feel free to create a new thread that clearly describes your problem. Include your setup, your settings, and anything else that may help everyone else help you.

If I have left anything out, feel free to pm me and I will add it to the appropriate section.

To start, click on the link below that best describes the problem that you are having with your mini.

My Mini Will Not Shoot / Solenoid Will Not Click

My Mini Leaks

My Mini Chops

My Mini Has Blowback

My Mini Is Inconsistent

My Mini Has Poor Efficiency

My Mini’s Settings Are Wack

My Mini Has Some Other Problem Not Discussed Above

Last edited by RobertSims : 07-20-2009 at 12:04 AM.
RobertSims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2008, 09:51 PM #2
RobertSims
Self-Taught

My Mini Will Not Shoot / Solenoid Will Not Click

Make sure your mini is turned on and has a fresh battery

Make sure you have properly assembled your mini

(how to properly assemble your mini)

Ensure that the pins on the fore grip are properly aligned to the sensor board. Also double check that the solenoid is plugged in to the sensor board.

Make sure that the circuit board is registering the trigger pull

If your circuit board is not registering a trigger pull then you are most likely encountering this issue after you have adjusted the set screws on the trigger. Try to return the screws to their original position.

If you have not recently adjusted the set screws on the trigger then it is possible that they have moved over time. Add some loctite to the threads to prevent this from happening again in the future.

The solenoid does not click even though the circuit board is registering a trigger pull

This is an issue with your solenoid. Ways to fix your solenoid can be found bellow.

Take the top three phillips head screws out off Solenoid Cap. (Make sure to press down hard to avoid stripping screws. If the screw get stripped you will have to buy a new Solenoid.) Next pull the piston out which is held in by a magnetic force and check the seals on both the bottom and top of the piston. They should be flush with the rest of the piston if not grab a small allen key and push the seal in and pull the allen key out until it goes back to flush position. – (originally posted by cjs9485)

While you have your solenoid apart you might want to clean it and re lube it before putting it back together. (how to properly service your solenoid).

The bottom has broken free of the solenoid

On the rare occasion the black plastic that holds the solenoid together has been known to break and can be found rattling around inside of the grip. If this happens to your solenoid you will need to contact kee and get a replacement. Kee’s phone number is 1-800-220-3222.

My mini doesn't shoot very far

If your mini fires, but the balls only go a few feet make sure that you have properly adjusted the back cap. Unscrew the back cap to increase your velocity.

If your back cap is already unscrewed you should check the pressure on your regulator and the amount of air that is left in your tank. If your operating pressure is not between 100-200 psi then you should raise your pressure until you are in the desired range. And obviously if your tank is low on air you will experience issues. Also be sure to double check that your tank is screwed in all the way. Dry fire while screwing in the tank to ensure that it goes in all the way.

If your back cap is unscrewed and you have plenty of air, check your dwell settings. If your dwell is ridiculously low your fps could suffer. Try raising it a bit.

Last edited by RobertSims : 08-19-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:52 PM #3
RobertSims
Self-Taught

My Mini Leaks

If your mini is leaking out of the back of the asa or the small hole at the rear of the regulator

Make sure that your tank is screwed in all the way. Also, check to make sure that your oring on your tank is not damaged.

If your mini is leaking out of the large silver screw on the bottom of the regulator

This is a where your regulator will release pressure in case something should happen and the pressure inside of the regulator gets too high. This will prevent you from damaging your mini if you accidentally turn the pressure up too high. Check the gauge to make sure that the pressure is under 200 psi. If the pressure is fine, then you will need to tighten the screw a little bit at a time until the leaking stops.

If your mini is leaking out from around the gauge

Again this is most likely due to user error. You most likely just installed a new gauge, or have messed with the old one. Tighten the gauge with a strap wrench and add some Teflon tape if necessary.

If your mini is leaking out from between the top of the regulator and the bottom of the grip frame

Make sure your regulator is tight to the frame by tightening the set screws inside of the grip frame. Check the oring on the bottom of the lower transfer tube. Check to make sure the transfer tube is tight.

If your mini is leaking from in between the two air transfer tubes

Make sure that you have properly assembled your mini. (how to properly assemble your mini) Next check the oring on male transfer tube and apply a little bit of lube if necessary.

If your mini is leaking from between the top of the trigger frame and the air transfer plate

Check the oring on top of the upper transfer tube and apply a little bit of lube if necessary. Make sure the upper transfer tube is screwed in tightly.

If your mini is leaking from behind the trigger each time you shoot

If it is only a small amount of air each time you fire then there is nothing to worry about. This is normal and is just the solenoid venting.

If your mini is leaking from between the air transfer plate and the body

Make sure that you have assembled your mini correctly. (how to properly assemble your mini) Make sure that the screws that hold the air transfer plate to the body have all been tightened. Next, check the air transfer gasket for any damages and replace it if it is damaged.

If your mini is leaking from the back cap

Make sure you assembled the marker correctly and have properly aligned the bolt guide with the silver pin in the back of the body. (how to properly assemble your mini) Ensure that the rear trigger frame screw is tight. Inspect the oring on the back cap for any visible damages and apply a little bit of lube if necessary.

If your mini is leaking down the barrel

First off, you should make sure that you have the most up to date poppit.
(What is my Mini, V1 or V2 thread) or (How To: Identify Invert Mini 1st/2nd Generation Parts) (If you have a poppit that is out of date, contact kee for a replacement. Kee’s phone number is 1-800-220-3222.

If you have the latest poppit, step one should be to reset your poppit. You can do this by screwing the back cap all the way in tightly to make sure that the poppit face is properly sealing. If this stops the leak, but the leak returns once you unscrew the back cap to your proper velocity you should check your poppit face for damage. There should be no lube on the poppit face, or in the hole in the side of the poppit. Only a slight amount of lube should be on the oring. If you have a replacement poppit face, try replacing it. If not contact kee for a new poppit. Kee’s phone number is 1-800-220-3222.

If your poppit is not the issue, check all of the orings on the bolt guide, poppit, and bolt for visual damage. Replace any damaged orings. Lightly lube all of the orings and reassemble your mini. (how to properly lube your mini) (how to properly assemble your mini)

If the problem persists, reset your solenoid by following the steps bellow.

Take the top three phillips head screws out off Solenoid Cap. (Make sure to press down hard to avoid stripping screws. If the screw get stripped you will have to buy a new Solenoid.) Next pull the piston out which is held in by a magnetic force and check the seals on both the bottom and top of the piston. They should be flush with the rest of the piston if not grab a small allen key and push the seal in and pull the allen key out until it goes back to flush position. – (originally posted by cjs9485)

While you have your solenoid apart you might want to clean it and re lube it before putting it back together. (how to properly service your solenoid)

Last edited by RobertSims : 01-12-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:53 PM #4
RobertSims
Self-Taught

My Mini Chops

Check for blowback

Your first step if your mini is chopping should be to check for blowback. Here’s how. Remove your hopper, then place two balls in the feedneck, and fire one shot. If the second ball flies up into the air you have blowback. Proceed to the My Mini Has Blowback section.

Check your paint to barrel bore match

If the paint is too large for the barrel you are using, paint may break inside of the barrel. The only fix for this is to use a larger barrel bore or to use smaller paint.

Check the quality of your paint

If you are using old paint that is not round, is dimpled, is soft, or is not made for the weather you are playing in(too cold / too hot) you may experience chopping / ball breaks. The only fix for this is to try using better paint.

Check to your eyes

Make sure your eyes are on and are clean. If your eyes are off, or are dirty, your mini will be more prone to chopping balls.

If your mini only chops while shooting fast

Make sure your eyes are on and are clean. If your eyes are off, or are dirty, your mini will be more prone to chopping balls. Also make sure your hopper can feed fast enough and has fresh batteries. If you have a slower hopper, you might want to raise the BIP setting on your gun.

Check your detents

Your detents should move easily, and be relatively clean. Also, make sure you have V2 detents. (What is my Mini, V1 or V2 thread) or (How To: Identify Invert Mini 1st/2nd Generation Parts) If not, call kee for replacements. Kee’s phone number is 1-800-220-3222.

Last edited by RobertSims : 01-12-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:53 PM #5
RobertSims
Self-Taught

My Mini Has Blowback

Do you have a V1 or V2 poppit

(What is my Mini, V1 or V2 thread) or (How To: Identify Invert Mini 1st/2nd Generation Parts) If you have the old style poppit call kee for a replacement. Kee’s phone number is 1-800-220-3222.

If you have the newest style poppit check to make sure there is no lube on the face, and that the oring is properly lubed. (how to properly lube your mini)

If you have the latest poppit step one should be to reset your poppit. You can do this by screwing the back cap all the way in tightly to make sure that the poppit face is properly sealing. If this stops the leak, but the leak returns once you unscrew the back cap to your proper velocity you should check your poppit face for damage. There should be no lube on the poppit face, or in the hole in the side of the poppit. Only a slight amount of lube should be on the oring. If you have a replacement poppit face, try replacing it. If not contact kee for a new poppit. Kee’s phone number is 1-800-220-3222.

Check your orings

If your poppit is not the issue, check all of the orings on the bolt guide, poppit, and bolt for visual damage. Replace any damaged orings. Lightly lube all of the orings and reassemble your mini. (how to properly lube your mini) (how to properly assemble your mini)

Clean your solenoid

If the problem persists, reset your solenoid by following the steps bellow.

While you have your solenoid apart you might want to clean it and re lube it before putting it back together. (how to properly service your solenoid)

Coolicarboy's guide to fix blowback

If you have blowback, do and check the following.
- Make sure no lube or debris is covering your poppet hole.
- Make sure your poppet O-ring is lubed.
- Make sure your check valve isnt broken in half or missing.
- Make sure your spring is broken in.
- Do a factory board reset or lower your dwell.
- Replace your bolt guide O-rings.
- Make sure the big front bolt O-ring isnt missing.

If you have blowback, and none of this worked, you either have a defective poppet, or a defective aftermarket bolt. (If you have one) For the bolt, call the company and tell them. For the poppet, call KEE at 1800-220-3222. You will have to buy a new poppet from them for 7$.

Last edited by RobertSims : 01-12-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:55 PM #6
RobertSims
Self-Taught

My Mini Is Inconsistent

Check all of the orings on the bolt guide, poppit, and bolt for visual damage. Replace any damaged orings. Lightly lube all of the orings and reassemble your mini. (how to properly lube your mini) (how to properly assemble your mini)

Check your paint to barrel bore match

If the paint is too large for the barrel you are using, paint may break inside of the barrel. If the paint is too small for the barrel you are using you can experience poor consistency and your accuracy will suffer. The only fix for this is to use a better paint to bore size match.

Follow MaxOC’s tuning guide

MaxOC's tuning guide

Last edited by RobertSims : 08-19-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:56 PM #7
RobertSims
Self-Taught

My Mini Has Poor Efficiency

Make sure your mini is properly broken in

You can break in your mini by dry firing a tank or two to properly break in the spring.

Check for leaks

Air up your mini and remember how much air you have in the tank. Now let it sit for a few hours. If you have any less air in the tank, then you have a leak. Figure out where the leak is coming from and then refer to the My Mini Leaks section.

Check your orings

Check all of the orings on the bolt guide, poppit, and bolt for visual damage. Replace any damaged orings. Lightly lube all of the orings and reassemble your mini. (how to properly lube your mini) (how to properly assemble your mini)

MaxOC's tuning guide

Last edited by RobertSims : 08-19-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:57 PM #8
RobertSims
Self-Taught

My Mini’s Settings Are Wack

Replace your battery with a fresh name brand battery.

Reset your board to factory settings.

MaxOC's tuning guide

Last edited by RobertSims : 08-17-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:58 PM #9
RobertSims
Self-Taught

My Mini Has Some Other Problem

Check your orings

MaxOC's tuning guide

Double feeding? Balls rolling out of the barrel?

Both of these things are detent issues. Your detents should move easily, and be relatively clean. Also, make sure you have V2 detents. (What is my Mini, V1 or V2 thread) or (How To: Identify Invert Mini 1st/2nd Generation Parts) If not, call kee for replacements. Kee’s phone number is 1-800-220-3222.

Is your bolt being scratched?

(Credit to HarryTBags for this one )
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryTBags View Post
It is common, but not acceptable. This can in fact decrease performance and cause blow-by. It also produces metal shavings which build up inside the body and get on your o-rings and can also work their way into the solenoid. If you look in the OP's picture, on the inside of the spring end coil at the bottom of the picture, you'll see that the finish is also worn off of the spring. The way to fix it is to polish that area of the spring with 300-400 grit sandpaper. You can also bend the end coil outward just slightly so that the inside suface clears the bolt.

If you look at this picture, you'll see that the wear on the bolt aligns with the spring end coil indicated by the red arrow that rests on the shoulder inside the body.

When the spring is removed and viewed from the end, you can see the coil is bent inward toward the ID of the spring as indicated by the red arrow in the picture below.

Bending the end coil just slightly toward the outside will eliminate this coil from rubbing the bolt and will improve operation. BUT BE CAREFUL: bend it out too much and the outside of the spring will gouge the inside of the Mini's body upon installing the bolt assembly, and this will destroy your body because it will damage the bolt o-rings.

Is the on/off button not working?

(You can check to see if it is the battery or the on/off button that is causing issues by pressing the tournament lock button and seeing if the led lights up)

If it is indeed the on/off button, try reading this thread. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3114751 I have not personally used this method, nor can I promise that it will work. I can only show you where to go.

Is it still broken?

Create a new thread that clearly describes your problem. Include your setup, your settings, and anything else that may help everyone else help you.

Last edited by RobertSims : 06-11-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:38 PM #10
Mr_Ray
NewSkill.

Mr_Ray helped look for balloons
Very nice and well put together needs to be a sticky
*The Ultimate How To Fix Your Mini Thread*
Oliver's Law of Public Speaking
--A closed mouth gathers no feet.
I got a infraction for telling a kid to use super glue as lube !
Mr_Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:27 PM #11
ZiE
zachisevil - May '04

Us OGs need to pray this helps with the superfail questions.
ZiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:31 PM #12
nico4180

STICKY THIS NOWW

Nice work
Empire 56/4500 Tank

Empire E-vents white
Empire 08 contact red jersey/Black pants
***TDotBallers***
nico4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:39 AM #14
HarryTBags

has been a member for 10 years
HarryTBags works for a Paintball manufacturer
great thread

PLEASE STICKY NOW !!!!
BallersIncPB.com -- #1 Best Anodizing and Laser Engraving

"Originally posted by sdosiris29: awwww, how sweet. you can be my sig buddy in a non-homo kind of way."
HarryTBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:57 AM #15
4nson
Do what now?

4nson supports our troops
Indeed, great work.

Somewhere in there, maybe in the not shooting there should be something about "the balls only go 5 feet." and to make sure the backcap isn't screwed in all the way.

Last edited by 4nson : 08-18-2008 at 10:59 AM.
4nson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:37 PM #16
RobertSims
Self-Taught

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nson View Post
Somewhere in there, maybe in the not shooting there should be something about "the balls only go 5 feet." and to make sure the backcap isn't screwed in all the way.
added
Old 08-18-2008, 02:43 PM #17
ZiE
zachisevil - May '04

Also tell them to screw the tank in all the way.
ZiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:58 PM #18
RobertSims
Self-Taught

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiE View Post
Also tell them to screw the tank in all the way.
done
Old 08-18-2008, 03:03 PM #19
dhop17

solenoid

i have some solenoid/board problems. when i plug my virtue (redefined) into the gun the noid will either click one time or not click at all. if i re-install the stockk board it is fine. the settings on both are stock. i have cleaned and relubed the noid. even changed the piston and o-rings. still nothing. this gun is just under 1 year old. im going to have a new battery tonite and i will let u all kno if tht helped. until then any sugestions?
Ion
A-5
dhop17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:58 PM #20
yoej262
^thats my name^

enen with all of the mini's possible problems is it still good enough to purchase
yoej262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:20 AM #21
RobertSims
Self-Taught

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoej262 View Post
enen with all of the mini's possible problems is it still good enough to purchase
yes

if you made a list of potential problems with any other gun that was this inclusive, you would see that the list would be equally as long if not longer