Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-04-2008, 08:58 PM #43
dhop17

furious on invert mini review

well i bought this barrel not too long ago and have used it one day in about 10+ games. i have a .689 bore with the 14" tip. im sorta a invert mini "nutcase"/"freak" ive made the guys at the shop look stupid. bow im not trying to be "agg" or brag. just sayin. well i shot thru about 4 of 5 games and then i had a barrel break due to sh***y paint. granted i was a lil over-bore but it still cleaned pretty well in bout 3 shots. and even the first shot was only about a foot off at 40-50 feet targets. it went down to about 4-6" after self-cleaning. this barrel is deadly accurate and is quieter than a mouse. it also does save some effiency but its not extremely noticeable. its there tho. i squeeged the barrel once between games and it went back to the outta the box performance. i have used the freak. at first it was amazing but i had used the stock ion barrel. after shooting the stock mini barrel it s***ed. this barrel can shoot circles around the freak. ive seen freaks mis-align and shoot like s**t. this barrel is precisely machined to fit perfectly and the mini has been known to deny some barrels from fitting. but this one will fit. i also bought the .693. and now im looking to buy a 16" tip for when i go woodsballin. i also want ion backs as a back up since they r different threads. beautiful barrel. enough said. now buy some! ohhh and i got about a halo b and 4 pods off of a 72/45 filled to 2700. this was with the NDZ v2 bolt. and my dwell like 4x higher than it shud be. chrono'd at 260. hitting 256,256,258,256,258,260
Ion
A-5
dhop17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:03 PM #44
PaintballUnited
Furious Paintball CEO

PaintballUnited works for a Paintball manufacturer
PaintballUnited supports Bob Gurnsey
Would be nice for the guys who have the barrels to post a pic of their gat with the barrel on
PaintballUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:01 AM #45
I need a name

I'll get a few more pictures of my new gat with the barrel on .
Old 09-14-2008, 08:44 PM #46
LITTLE TJ (Banned)

where is a link to the online store i can buy this at.
LITTLE TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:07 PM #47
PaintballUnited
Furious Paintball CEO

you can PM jmorisaki
Old 09-16-2008, 07:01 PM #48
I need a name

I used this barrel in a few more games/tournies since I purchased it. It shot ball on ball every time even with cheap field paint.

I'm still impressed with the furious and from the looks of it I always will be.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:13 PM #49
PeaTear_Griffin
GUNDAMNIT

Annual Supporting Member
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends V
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VI
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VII
PeaTear_Griffin supports Team VICIOUS
Very interesting thing about the rainX
Old 09-18-2008, 10:55 AM #50
PaintballUnited
Furious Paintball CEO

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2840984

Here's something new about Furious
Old 09-18-2008, 07:37 PM #51
B4LL1n
Siege FTW

Bought mine last night, waitin for it in the mail :p
B4LL1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:00 PM #52
a_sock

...couple mistakes that pretty much discredit the whole thing....
Old 09-18-2008, 08:31 PM #53
I need a name

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_sock View Post
...couple mistakes that pretty much discredit the whole thing....
???
Old 09-18-2008, 08:32 PM #54
Furious Paintball
Saint Louis, MO

a sock - care to indulge? Curious to know what you mean by that. This is a great product. I've had nothing but compliments.
Furious Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:59 PM #55
burnt rose
The Real Daredevil

burnt rose plays in the PSP
burnt rose owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
burnt rose supports Bob Gurnsey
burnt rose plays in the APPA D3 division
Where did you order yours from and do they have any more? I'm sold... But now I can't find them, they were in the NIB section for a while, not now.

ninja edit.... Found em...

Last edited by burnt rose : 09-19-2008 at 03:00 PM. Reason: ninja
burnt rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:32 PM #56
a_sock

well he says that the increase in fps is due to the lack of drag in the barrel. This is more likely due to a difference in bore size, and even if they say they were the same size, most barrels differentiate a couple thousanths of an inch anyways. This makes me think that he is gullable, jumps to conclusions, etc.
(correction he did say the other bore he was using, it was larger bore meaning that the increase in fps was due to the bore not barrel)

He also says its ball on ball accuracy, but he doesnt say distance, meaning his standards could be lower to what were looking for, say hes shooting at 30 ft, so his abillity to set up a test that actually tests accuracy is unlikely, thus I expect if he forgets important facts he is more likely to make mistakes.

Other reviews have said that the barrel does nothing for efficiency, and to me I wouldnt think the last ports really do anything for efficieny, through tried experience and logical thinking, but I could be wrong there.

he contradicts himself a couple times saying this is better or that is, and it sounds like hes a little confused, or saying that hes overboring and then later he is getting snug fits and such, this is most likely due to paint but still...

Plus I get better luck with my stock matchstick on the chrono range, even with hotbox or crappy paint.

BTW not bashing your product, I think its great the research you put into it and I Believe in a lot of your achievements/features and hope you set a new par in the barrel market, once you get more bores/availability or maybe a kit Id be very interested in picking one up.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:37 PM #57
a_sock

im just very picky on how others rate things, Ive had many traded markers that are in "excellent" condition but the whole thing is definatly not, seen so many people rave about other products that do absolutly nothing or even hurt performance(embarrased to say I owned a flatline and sniper donut also just won a hammerhead), so Im very passionate about getting a truthful and error free review.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:39 PM #58
I need a name

a sock-Accross the airball field it was ball on ball. There isn't much else for me to say about this barrel. I'm HIGHLY impressed with it.

I did notice a change in efficiency. It wasn't a very large amount but I could tell that it was better than the other barrels that I've used.

EDIT
Before you start saying that my review is false you might want to try it out, you won't regret it.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:16 PM #59
PaintballUnited
Furious Paintball CEO

burnt rose, you can pm Furious Paintball or jmorisaki to order.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:58 PM #60
Furious Paintball
Saint Louis, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_sock View Post
im just very picky on how others rate things, Ive had many traded markers that are in "excellent" condition but the whole thing is definatly not, seen so many people rave about other products that do absolutly nothing or even hurt performance(embarrased to say I owned a flatline and sniper donut also just won a hammerhead), so Im very passionate about getting a truthful and error free review.
Nothing wrong with being apprehensive about other's reviews. I've seen several like this though. I am not a designer nor originator of the product. I have teamed up with the designer to distribute this product to the US. I am a conspiracy theorist through and through but I know a quality product when I see one. I originally signed on to just sell them and I invested thousands. Now that I see the future of this barrel growing I am now part owner of the company.

I'll give you personally twenty dollars off a barrel in exchange for your thorough review of the barrel. I'm only offering this to you since you're skeptical but I stand behind this product. PM me if you're interested.
Furious Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:41 PM #61
I need a name

Furious-You might want to remove that last part and keep it to pm's.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:05 PM #62
a_sock

Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a name View Post
a sock-Accross the airball field it was ball on ball. There isn't much else for me to say about this barrel. I'm HIGHLY impressed with it.

I did notice a change in efficiency. It wasn't a very large amount but I could tell that it was better than the other barrels that I've used.

EDIT
Before you start saying that my review is false you might want to try it out, you won't regret it.
Youve fixed most discrepencies, and like I said I most likely will pick up one as soon as a kit is up for grabs.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:09 PM #63
I need a name

I honestly can't wait until furious releases the .685 back. Most paint I shoot is .688 so it should be interested to see how it performs with an extremely tight paint match.

EDIT
If anyone wants me to make a vid of the Furious Lotus shooting accross the speedball field let me know. I might be able to get a vid of it next time I go to the field.