PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 12:27 AM #1
Oros97
Live and let live

Exclamation Made- I want to be a Paintballer

For those of you that don't know, "made" is a show on MTV that takes certain people who are interested in changing or trying something they have always wanted to do, usually with the help of a expert or proffesional in the particular sport etc...Well anyways Everytime I see this show I'm waiting for there to be a paintball episode, but there never is. And I think that as big as we (the paintball community) are that we should try and do something or contact the show and get our sport some major exposure.

just putting the idea out there...I'm sure this has been on some other people's minds before too.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2008, 12:36 AM #2
YUMMY_YUM
Copenhagen blunts

YUMMY_YUM supports Team VICIOUS
YUMMY_YUM is for the Gunfight
You can call them, and I'll wait.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:40 AM #3
Oros97
Live and let live

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUMMY_YUM View Post
You can call them, and I'll wait.
why even post that?
post count really mean that much to you?
Old 08-14-2008, 12:41 AM #4
YUMMY_YUM
Copenhagen blunts

YUMMY_YUM supports Team VICIOUS
YUMMY_YUM is for the Gunfight
In your case, I guess it does.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:48 AM #5
Oros97
Live and let live

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUMMY_YUM View Post
In your case, I guess it does.
Oh, well that made perfect sense.
please gtfo of this thread if your going to continue to post meaning less garbage like you do in EVERY OTHER thread
Old 08-14-2008, 01:08 AM #6
Aquos (Banned)

Yeah, you are right. I'm wondering why they haven't done that yet. More than likely, its because paintball is still young. You have to keep that in mind. Not many people consider it to be a sport. Even though it is, and I shoot people 3x as hard for saying it isn't a sport.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:25 AM #7
alienshinubie
Norcal Player

alienshinubie is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquos View Post
Yeah, you are right. I'm wondering why they haven't done that yet. More than likely, its because paintball is still young. You have to keep that in mind. Not many people consider it to be a sport. Even though it is, and I shoot people 3x as hard for saying it isn't a sport.
Thats a great attitude. Punish those who don't share your beliefs. Precisely the reason paintball has such a bad rep. Many players are just idiots who really have no sense of morality and respect.
New Feedback (+7 - 0)
Lake Tahoe Skier
Old 08-14-2008, 03:54 AM #8
bigfatdanman
**** Obama.

Quote:
please don't tell me you increase your velocity.

My God.
DARQ
Old 08-14-2008, 04:37 AM #9
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
MADE-I want to be a moderator so i can close these ****ty threads that are made 4 times a month

lets get paintball in the olympics while were at it

Old 08-14-2008, 04:44 AM #10
underdawg
I make soap

underdawg plays in the USPL
underdawg plays in the PSP
underdawg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
underdawg plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
that'd be ****ing sweet

but if you think about, how many countries would even be competitive in that, if you can truly name more than 5 then you got me

and I mean teams that would be able to keep up with the top pro teams because those are most likely the people that would go and compete
Old 08-14-2008, 04:50 AM #11
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
i was being sarcastic. that wouldnt be sweet at all, and people need to stop making threads about it

Old 08-14-2008, 05:12 AM #12
bigfatdanman
**** Obama.

here is PBT:

1.POST YOUR FAVORITE ________
2.lets get paintball on tv/x-games/olympics
2.VS
4.im getting back into the sport tell me everything i need to know.

My God.
DARQ
Old 08-14-2008, 08:34 AM #13
paintballa1403
Mow Faces

paintballa1403 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
paintballa1403 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
I want to be a moderator so i can close these ****ty threads that are made 4 times a month

how about made i want to be a mod on pb nation i can see it now
Old 08-14-2008, 08:37 AM #14
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oros97 View Post
why even post that?
post count really mean that much to you?
dont get so pissy. Hes right

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 08-14-2008, 08:52 AM #15
motulboydm4
ΓΔGΣ

motulboydm4 supports Team VICIOUS
paintball wouldn't be that hard to start. not like a real sport anyway
CHAMPAGNE NXT SHOCKER F/S/T
R.I.P. Robert Kerr
Old 08-14-2008, 09:00 AM #16
balltron
balls

Quote:
shut up. "shoot people 3x as hard" your an idiot.
Made wont do paintball, because it will be some fat out of shape loser that plays WOW al day wanting to be a paintballer, and the made people would need to buy him at least a decent gun and good equipment, and he would most likely not even know anything about the sport.

Killing Spree Kids

Old 08-14-2008, 09:42 AM #17
akatch79
Queen of the Norse

And what would you do? Dress the subject up in the AGGEST HK gear and hand him a brand new hot pink SL8R? That's not someone being "made", that's handing someone some free gear, an ego, and a gun, just adding one more epic douchebag to the already large cesspool of douche that is tournament paintball today (because I know none of you care to see MADE: Woodsball). Furthermore, the LAST thing paintball needs is to be on MTV and become even more trendified than it already is.

Stop making these threads. If you want to promote the sport, follow these simple steps:

1) SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHOP - Stop buying online, if your field isn't making money, it isn't going to stay open, and you won't have a place to play

2) 90% of you are from fairly affluent middle class families. You would have to be to be able to spend $70 or more on one day's recreation. Stop pretending you're from the ghetto. It does not make the sport look good to prospective parents with 10 year old kids.

3) Be nice to the new kids, offer them help, show them the ropes, and for goodness' sake realize that bunkering a 10 year old with a rental does not make you cool, funny, or badass in any way.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:53 AM #18
757_juggalo
5 year vet, no new name

757_juggalo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatch79 View Post
And what would you do? Dress the subject up in the AGGEST HK gear and hand him a brand new hot pink SL8R? That's not someone being "made", that's handing someone some free gear, an ego, and a gun, just adding one more epic douchebag to the already large cesspool of douche that is tournament paintball today (because I know none of you care to see MADE: Woodsball). Furthermore, the LAST thing paintball needs is to be on MTV and become even more trendified than it already is.

Stop making these threads. If you want to promote the sport, follow these simple steps:

1) SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHOP - Stop buying online, if your field isn't making money, it isn't going to stay open, and you won't have a place to play

2) 90% of you are from fairly affluent middle class families. You would have to be to be able to spend $70 or more on one day's recreation. Stop pretending you're from the ghetto. It does not make the sport look good to prospective parents with 10 year old kids.

3) Be nice to the new kids, offer them help, show them the ropes, and for goodness' sake realize that bunkering a 10 year old with a rental does not make you cool, funny, or badass in any way.
/thread
Old 08-14-2008, 09:55 AM #19
gspin2k1

This thread has been made maybe two days ago. Anyway..it won't happen...1) it's way too much liability for MTV to take. 2) Paintball isn't considered a sport by the majority 3) It just wouldn't be that fun to watch and/or promote the sport really. Because the whole thing about MADE is they take the complete opposite person who would get into that kind of thing, and MAKE them into that person. So for paintball it'd probably be some super prissy rich girl (like the girl who wanted to be a snowboarder) or actually poor girl...cus they'd spend half the episode showing her working side jobs making money for paintball.

~G
Old 08-14-2008, 09:59 AM #20
sexypants
srprze buttsecks?

if fencing, table tennis, badminton, and shooting are Olympic sports why dont they say paintball is a regular sport?
Old 08-14-2008, 10:25 AM #21
gspin2k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexypants View Post
if fencing, table tennis, badminton, and shooting are Olympic sports why dont they say paintball is a regular sport?
Although fencing, table tennis, Badminton, and shooting may be considered "NOT EXTREME" in your eyes. But they take an intense amount of talent and athletic ability (at least the first three, I think shooting just takes talent and skill...not so much athletic ability...unless it's that one where you ski and shoot). I personally consider tournament paintball a "regular sport', but you gotta keep in mind paintball in comparison to a lot of the other sports...is a VERY new sport and acceptance as a sport as opposed to just a game in the eyes of the majority of the world will take some time...and may never happen...just be prepared to accept it.

Source (dictionary.com)
Definition of a "sport"

1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

Definition of "game"
1. an amusement or pastime: children's games.
3. a competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.

Definition of "paintball"
1. A GAME in which players on one team seek to eliminate those on an opposing team by marking them with a water-soluble dye shot in capsules from air guns.

Definition of "fencing"
1. the art, practice, or SPORT in which an épée, foil, or saber is used for defense and attack.

Like I said...it will be a long time (if ever) when the majority of the world sees Paintball as a SPORT...as opposed to a GAME. Although very closely related (basketball is a sport, but you play a basketball game), there still is a difference.

~G
Closed Thread