PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-11-2008, 12:29 PM #1
Agitator

Tator's reviving the M3 ~addressing the rec*cking issues

All right!

I'm back into playing ball and want my m3 to be part of my arsenal again. when i put it away about a year ago, the only issues it had were involving rec*cking and eye covers. so... i'm changing things around a little.

I had it set up as:

delrin bolt
light spring
TES front block with 600 psi bob long gauge
Tes valve spring
AKA tornado valve
TES board with diode mod
Scenario dreams bouncy eyes (they work)
Polished internals and good o-rings
shocker lube
psychoballistics z-drop with dragun 1200 psi gauge
macroline
palmers stabilizer regulator (which won't keep the pressure steady #@#$%)

No matter how I adjust things, the gat won't rec*ck. My theory is that the valve isn't letting enough air to the striker. anywhere between 100 and 450 psi, the gun won't rec*ck. AKA doesn't want me to run the valve above those pressures.

you guys know me- i have checked everything. Different pressures, different springs, plenty of lube, new o-rings, different velocity adjuster positions, air, co2, different valves (tornado and rocket valves).

before I tried to run the gat at "low pressure," it operated fine and no c*cking issues. I should have left it that way. Well- i'm going to return the gat to a configuration that is similar to the original.

I'm going to run:

TES valve and cupseal (I think that valve pin will allow more air to flow to the striker)
TES block and valve spring
Stock main spring
new o-rings

Cosmetically, i'm going to change the z-drop to a fixed asa that is much lighter.

I know that I ramble on but you don't have to read it

I'd turn this sucker into a t1 but I want to be able to run co2 and I like the tes board because it has the LCD I don't like my ver.c t-board. the led is a pain.
Suggestions are awesome. lmk what you think!

Tator

Last edited by Agitator : 08-11-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2008, 01:13 PM #2
download00502
Really a 1776er

Maybe try a different reg if the stabilizer is giving you problems. It might not be recharging fast enough.

Detonators only cost $15. Hyper 2's (my favorite reg of all time) cost $30-45.

Last edited by download00502 : 08-11-2008 at 01:15 PM.
download00502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:40 PM #3
Agitator

Good point. Thanks for the suggestion. If I have more problems with the new configuration I'll use my detonator and see if it helps- or maybe even try the stock one also.

however, I've had the same problem when I used a torpedo reg, another torpedo and the stock one. I don't think that the recharge is necessarily the problem. This palmers reg seems to creep too high. i've replaced the cupseal a few times as well as all o-rings and lubin' the shti out of it. I'm not sure what's up.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:47 AM #4
download00502
Really a 1776er

Stab in the dark here. Maybe you are using the wrong valve pin like using a stock tes valvepin on a tornado valve and the tornado doesn't like it. Maybe it is actually a "the one" valve pin you have used by mistake.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:38 PM #5
download00502
Really a 1776er

I actually made one of these just now. It recocks but I don't know what fps it will be shooting at.
pics in a minute

specs

Gameface E-Rex (M3 dragun compact)

Spyder t-board ghetto rigged
stock valve
stock bolt with venturi removed
stock hammer
spyder imagine va with extremely hi flow modifications.
dye hyper 2
tes stock barrel
cp rail and asa

The parts colors don't match
Try this combo with the tes va instead of a spyder imagine va. you might be pleasently surprised.

Last edited by download00502 : 08-13-2008 at 01:41 PM.
download00502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 PM #6
XxAltecxX
BEO Mafia

The stabilizer is designed for high pressure, low flow applications. The Fatty stab would be a better choice. It has something like double the internal flow rates.
XxAltecxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:01 PM #7
Agitator

thanks for the suggestions. Btw- if you would like to post pictures of/talk about your gat some more in this thread, that'd be awesome.

Good point about checking the valve pin. I was definitely using the tornado valve pin and tornado body. I was using a T1 spring with a t1 front block and a m3 lpc.

Now I'm using a tes valve and tes pin (with the notch for blowback gases). I'm using the same t1 front block and spring.

Altec/detective sandy vagina:
Thanks for saying that stuff about the reg. You have a good point. Though I don't disagree, I'm surprised that so many people said how good it was at low pressures. However, a lot of the tippmann people are wrong about a lot of stuff. they just oil the asa and air it up. Shame on the tator for listening to 'em.

I'll post more stuff after I dry fire this b*stard.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:31 PM #8
XxAltecxX
BEO Mafia

Haha, the sandy vagina is never wrong! I infact first heard about the stabs being for HP from Craig Palmer himself. Which was pretty cool!

Here's the quote.

"The Fatty has ports that are twice the size of the Male stab. If you double the size of the port, you quadruple the amount of flow.. The Fatty can recharge at about 40 balls per second on HPA. You also get more bang for your buck. Its $10 less and you get a gauge."
Old 08-15-2008, 12:45 PM #9
Agitator

he sure has a sense of humor- "male stab" that's got a double meaning if I ever heard one.

I believe that the fatty gets a better recharge but I got the stab real cheap with a bunch of other cr@p I bought from a guy. I'll try my detonator if the c*cking issues continue.

Btw- how much pressure can I run the tes valve at without worrying?
I can't believe I'm asking that- it's been a while since tator has wrenched on gats. If I remember correctly, 350-400 is MAX for this sucker.

Eh?

~tator
Old 08-15-2008, 09:31 PM #10
download00502
Really a 1776er

Definitely don't go over 350 or you're out of optimal range.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:21 PM #11
Agitator

kewl. thanks buddy. btw- I sent your parts yesterday
Old 08-23-2008, 06:56 PM #12
download00502
Really a 1776er

So I took out the dragun today and chrono'd. It is shooting at 250 fps and won't go any higher. Later it all the sudden decides not want to recock.
Oh well, start over and try again.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:28 AM #13
Agitator

bummer man. what are you runnin for a valve? It's the non-tes body right?

btw- i'm gonna' try and free up a t1 valve for ya
Old 08-29-2008, 02:43 PM #14
download00502
Really a 1776er

No it was actually a stock spyder hp valve. The high flow va I made was compensating for the low flow internals.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:59 PM #15
Agitator

weird. sounds like the problems i've been having. btw- the reason I can't spare the valve yet is because i need to test which one will solve my c*cking issues. i haven't done that because i've been buying booze and cigars for the crazy weekend i'm getting ready for. there's no place nearby at which i can test the gat.

i'll try to set up my drill press and fix my gat asap so i can reassemble and test the valves.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:17 PM #16
XxAltecxX
BEO Mafia

lol

Whats the drill for?
Old 08-29-2008, 03:52 PM #17
download00502
Really a 1776er

Take your time. I just got 4 ak-47 airsoft guns that my brothers and I will be playing with this weekend and I have backup guns (paintball) so you don't really need to worry about sending it asap.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:20 AM #18
Agitator

altec- the drill is for milling out some of the metal on the top of my trigger frame so i have more space for eye wires on the m3. i already dremel'd the body a little but i need a little more space. blah blah.

this weekend was crazy crazy.

i hope you have fun playin' airsoft. i'll definitely keep those valves in mind. now that i'm done recovering from the weekend, i'll start tryin' to work on the gat some more.

the m3 will live on!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:34 PM #19
download00502
Really a 1776er

Any progress? Is the dragun mowing ego toting noob "speedballers" yet?
Old 09-17-2008, 11:36 PM #20
Agitator

GAWD!

I've been doing all kinds of stuff but keep forgetting my beloved dragun! I might decide to sell some of my lp parts and just run the gun with a spyder valve. That'd make it simpler and I'd make alittle money on selling things. Idk.

download, if you still want those parts, I may be up for trading 'em for a spyder va+valve. Would you like to have an aka tornado valve?

I'll ponder stuff, but give me a call if you want to talk about the parts. I might give you a ring if I have the time.

I was firing my spud cannon a lot today... it sure is loud. I can't wait 'til I am back at my home where the dragun is so I can work on it.

I fired over 15 pounds of spuds today, ha ha.
I wish I could fire some paint.

~Tator
Old 09-27-2008, 07:24 PM #21
download00502
Really a 1776er

Sure we could. Sorry about the slow reply. I also might have an extra expansion chamber and asa for you to use. I have however lost the dropforward that goes with those two things.