Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 08-11-2008, 07:08 AM #1
robcole

24 Hour Senario At Grc

The Iron Triangle
24 Hour Scenario Game

From January 8th – January 26th, 1967, the U.S. military conducted ‘Operation Cedar Falls’ in the Cu Chi region of Vietnam. The goal of this operation was to root out Viet Cong base camps in the so-called Iron Triangle. The operation involved nearly 16,000 American and 14,000 South Vietnamese troops. The Viet Cong chose not to fight and melted away into a vast complex system of tunnels in the jungle turning the operation into a series of running battles and bunker standoffs.

The Iron Triangle is generally defined on the southwest by the Saigon River, on the east by the Thi Tinh River, and on the north by a line running west from Ben Cat to the town of Ben Suc on the Saigon River. To the north lies the Thanh Dien Forestry Reserve. The Iron Triangle has been characterized as a dagger pointed at Saigon and, being only twenty kilometers away, was the enemy's largest haven close to that city. The area was heavily fortified and known to contain the Viet Cong headquarters for Military Region IV which directed military, political, and terrorist activities in the Saigon-Gia Dinh capital region complex. Viet Cong control of the Iron Triangle permitted the enemy forces to dominate key transportation routes in the surrounding area. This important center for controlling and supporting enemy operations had to be attacked decisively and in force if the attack were to succeed in rupturing and neutralizing the control structure.

During the last days of Operation Cedar Falls, the majority of the Iron Triangle has been cleared out. The Viet Cong has one foothold left, their largest tunnel system which contains the bulk of the command structure in the area. The U.S. military must clear out this last strategic position to keep control of Saigon. The Viet Cong must defend the Triangle to keep the powerful position for the future invasion of Saigon and seem the American from their country.

Date:
August 23rd-24th, 2008

Timeframe:
12:00 pm – 12:00 pm

5907 Van Allen Road
Belfast, NY 14711
(585) 466-3050
(585) 808-3496

Cost:
$50.00 pre-sale post-marked by 08/16/08
$60.00 after 08/16/08
(CO2-HPA Included - All female players receive a discount of $5.00)
$65.00 per case of Custom X-Ball Silver
$50.00 PER CASE REC GRADE.

GO TO WWWLBOUNTYHUNTERSPAINTBALL.COM FOR REGISTRATION FORM
robcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2008, 08:03 PM #2
Wicked Paintball
Spread Some Tippmann Love

I Will Be There

No question about it 24hour game count me IN

If ya'll happen to be at Skirmish USA, Jim Thorpe, PA, and need an extra player or something I'm there every friday, saturday, and sunday open till closing. Leave a message at my myspace. I'm also lookin for a STRICTLY WOODSBALL TEAM no speedball. I dont even own a marker thats legal in a speed game, im not new to the game I've been playing 5 years all of which was woodsball.

My Gun,
Tippmann X7-Rap4 M4 Carbine Kit
Tippmann-E-Grip
Rap4-Cyclone Feeder Upgrade
B&A-RedDot,???-Lazer, and a GemTech-Look-a-Like-Silencer
If nessacary I can shoot up to 30bps no paint breacking.

My Equpiment,
PCS Vest
Tippmann Squadbusters
Smoke Nades
x1-20oz Co2
x2-14oz Co2
Over 1000 rounds on my vest
T68 .68cal Pistol
and 2 88gram Co2 for back up
Pure Energy Remote line
JT full head helmet

Im a back right sniper. Take a Look!