Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-10-2008, 08:11 PM #1
TheRealChris

Rex R2... Help!

Well, ive ben to PBnation a few times to read rateings on guns, and i have a quistion about my gun i just got so i figured i would register cause it seems like a cool place.

So i recently bought a Rex R2 paintball marker of EBay for 85.00+ tax..
my buddy has always talked " i used to paintball all the time, i know what im doin" hah that should of ben my first guess to he doesnt know crap.... But he took off a.... thing, i would tell what its called if i knew, but it isnt threded inside and it holds a spring and a ball about the size of a BB.. and i put it back on but it doesnt seem like it will stay on for long... so, i guess ill find out if it does next time i go out..

now for the problem.... my gun wont stay cocked.. it did when i first got it, then i got air. the gauge read and everything seemd fine, but now the gauge wont read and it wont stay cocked.. and i have no idea what to do... . so has anyone ever had this problem? does anyone have an answer?

Yes, your probably thinking im new to the sport, cause i am. but i played once and i was addicted... so i went and spent 200 dollers and now i cant evan use it. so, help would be appreciated. and i plan on posting more on the site... really seems like a helpfull place
TheRealChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2008, 08:16 PM #2
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D4 division
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jonotwist supports Empire
give me pics

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:23 PM #3
TheRealChris

Rex R2
Old 08-10-2008, 08:51 PM #4
ZDS
Not ynda/zdspb

first off you'd probably get more help in the spyder forum (i *think* that's a spyder clone). Also you are wrong.

PBNation is NOT a cool place.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:53 PM #5
TheRealChris

how is it not a cool place?
lol
Old 08-10-2008, 09:15 PM #6
snotshooter
Moose Gore

Me thinks you are talking about the cocking knob. It goes throught the bolt AND the hammer. You must line up the hole in the bolt with the hole in the hammer. Golden.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:17 PM #7
snotshooter
Moose Gore

It is a syder clone and you would profit by going to www.kingman.com and clicking on the turorial button. While it wont be exact MANY of the parts and especially the configuration are identical.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:41 PM #8
TheRealChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by snotshooter View Post
Me thinks you are talking about the cocking knob. It goes throught the bolt AND the hammer. You must line up the hole in the bolt with the hole in the hammer. Golden.
could you be more of a dick about it? i mean, i know im new and everything, but im looking for help, not some *** hole to joke around like im a dumb ***. Golden.
Ive already taken out the bolt and cocking knob and put them back, there in line, they wont go in otherwise.

And why are you telling me to go click tutorial on that page, when its not evan there?
Old 08-10-2008, 10:59 PM #9
RSBayliss
I don't come here much...

good god man calm down, we are here to help but you can't jump on the first person who actually tries to help you. Without knowing a whole lot more (because YOU don't know any more) I would say that your friend probably took off the back and exposed the ram and spring. IF the guage is still reading 0 then there is an issue at a much earlier stage though, either with the reg or, and i'm not calling you dumb, the air tank may be flawed (or empty....)

also, you should take this to the kingman or newbie forums
RSBayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:05 PM #10
TheRealChris

i wasnt jumping on the first guy trying to help, what he said just came across the wrong way i guess..

no, i dont know much about it but im tryin to get into all this and learn, ive always ben interested.

I just bought the tank and the gage on the tank is reading 3000 PSI..
so, if the ram and spring is exposed... (dont you have to take that out to clean it anyways?) does that mean its ruined or needs to be fixed or what?

Once again, sorry... it just came across wrong.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:34 PM #11
Choiboy
Mr. ****** \/

well the air doesn't stay in the tank forever, you have to fill it after shooting a lot of paint or just shooting air.
Choiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:39 PM #12
TheRealChris

it is full.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:14 PM #13
xCTx Fed #15
Critical Threat

is it c02?
xCTx Fed #15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:16 PM #14
TheRealChris

sadly yes, the guy i bought it from said N2 is what it needs, but ive read it will work with Co2 (compressed air) too... the place here is called Renigade Paintball and i thought the had N2...
Old 08-11-2008, 08:49 PM #15
RSBayliss
I don't come here much...

well co2 and compressed air are 2 completely different things so I'm confused now. If the tank has a guage on it, what is it reading? co2 doesn't have a reading of pressure unless it's on the ASA and not the tank
RSBayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:52 PM #16
tomatofury

Sear doesn't catch when you cock it, or it shoots without recocking?

If former;

Check 'noid for obstructions, battery good?

Shoots without recocking;

More detail, does the paintball go any distance? Bolt upside down? Does it "sputter"?

Are you sure gauge and recocking issues are related? Maybe just no oil?

I suggest you read up on how a blowback works. Spyder forums will help a lot, I'm a Spyder owner and that looks like a clone to me.

And don't get pissed because he was trying to help.

Whoops, also, if your gauge is reading 3000 PSI I'd chunk that ***** and run the other way quick... If it's reading 300 that either means it's empty or LP.
tomatofury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:56 PM #17
tomatofury

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBayliss View Post
well co2 and compressed air are 2 completely different things so I'm confused now. If the tank has a guage on it, what is it reading? co2 doesn't have a reading of pressure unless it's on the ASA and not the tank
Not really. For this thread's purposes they're the same. He's referring to the gauge on the gun I think.

If you can push in the little bronze pin then it's empty. Every time you remove the tank you should hear a "WHOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHhhhh..."
tomatofury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:48 AM #18
TheRealChris

thanks for the good responces, and again, i apologize.

correct, its not catching.

the air in my tank is compressed air, sorry, i thought Co2 was compressed air.. hah, my bad.

The gauge im talking about is the one on the tank, its reading just over 2500, its a 3000 PSI tank.

battery has ben charged and it full, it makes the electric click but no air goes through.

the guy i bought the gun from sent me 3 links to youtube videos, one is how to do the blow back thing, but i wasnt sure... do i need to do that for it to work? Yes, i have heard it is a Spyder clone.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:28 PM #19
Juno Trigger

The rex marker youre using is a clone of the odyssey markers. Yours is the Odyssey 02 version marker. It isn't a spider clone because it uses the FASOR - Forward Aired Spring Operated Return system, but it does take spider thread barrels.

See? Same gun.
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3265/

So you can go here http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=308 to start and read threads for the markers. (the odyssey discussion thread)

But more specifically you can go here http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1522317
for the FAQ guide on your gun.
I know theres a "my gun won't stay cocked" thing in there somewhere but I can't find it.

I'm not really familiar with those markers anymore as I once was, so getting help there will be your best bet. But I do know that if it's anything like the 03 then do not mess with the board settings, especially if you can do reset to default settings or something along the lines of ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever. You'll have to get a new board if you do.