Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-29-2008, 08:45 PM #22
JerseyShorti

the movie looks pretty good to me actually. from clips i've seen, its based entirely off the book and, unlike the Harry Potter series, hasn't cut big chunks out. Not from what i've seen anyway. I love the series and encourage guys to read the books. i think you'd like it even if it is a "girl book". get over it and read it.. lol. you might be surprised. =]
JerseyShorti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2008, 10:52 PM #23
beautiful_letdown
One of the Boys

if any one has more questions or just wants to disscuss with another big literature geek send me a pm.....i <3 books
Old 10-19-2008, 12:08 AM #24
paintballgeek
Working Cl*******

paintballgeek is a Supporting Member
paintballgeek is a founding member
paintballgeek plays in the APPA D3 division
paintballgeek supports DLX Technology
I'm half way through Breaking Dawn right now. The books get steadily better.

The literary quality isn't the best, lots of filler adjectives and verbs, and at some times (being a 21 year old male) I feel really awkward reading a book through the eyes of a teenage girl.

If you can get past those few things, they're pretty good stories.
Play at Xcape
old feedback +23/0
paintballgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:09 AM #25
AGO225

dude the moment we got back to school all the girls and female teachers were talking bout twilight. class after class like what the heck. im on this and that chapter, ima have to get me a copy....thursday they are having a group session afterschool about twilight.....after school group=twilight=alot of females=

Etek2 w zick kit and cure 2 bolt for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3369717
AGO225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:24 PM #26
bananaphone

bananaphone is reppin' sidebar 4 life
i finished eclipse last week, and i cant wait to pick up breaking dawn. i agree with paintballgeek though. could be better writing, but the stories are still fantastic.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:59 PM #27
Raleigh Allen
Registured Abuser

I'm a guy, and my cousin made me read Twilight. I thought she was stupid for reading them, but it turns out that I loved them all. I stopped reading around 3 years ago, and these books made me start wanting to read again. Even though it is set through the eye's of a girl, it didn't really seem too awkward for me. And sadly, for all you wanting to read Midnight Sun, it has been canceled. Some guy she gave a draft to leaked it all over the internet. Sucks, I was wanting to read it.

Oh, and SM wrote a different book, called The Host. I think it would appeal more to the guys, even though it is...yet again...through a girl's perspective.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:27 AM #28
The Gvna
incon-****ing-spicuous

The Gvna supports Cereal Killerz 2
The Gvna donated to help Peyton Trent
The Gvna helped look for balloons
The Gvna is playing at Living Legends III
The Gvna supports our troops
The Gvna is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The Gvna is Legendary
I almost gave up reading them about halfway through New Moon. too much whinning going on from Bella. And Raleigh Allen, that just ruined my day. I was looking forward to reading it all from Edwards perspective.
We'd rather make our children (We desire to communicate)
White Flag Warriors (You cannot do us harm)

Rare Sandanas & Other Gear- ALL OBO
The Gvna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:21 AM #29
ShatteredShield
Crazy Rabbit

I thought they were really well writen. I looked at her other stuff though and coudn't help but think where the originality is. If you havn't, get online and read Midnight Sun. Its the first book from Edwards perspective. Its not bad.
ShatteredShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:06 PM #30
Sweetpea14
Christ Krew

Part of Midnight Sun is still on her website. at www.stepheniemeyer.com click on "twilight books" and Midnight Sun will be there. theres a link to reading Midnight Sun....it only goes like 1/2 way tho...still a good read
When love is the only rule.
Sweetpea14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:00 AM #31
aka2kaa
Not a 2k3'r

aka2kaa is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
aka2kaa supports Team VICIOUS
aka2kaa is reppin' sidebar 4 life
ive read the first 3 books, i really struggled to get through the last 2 books hoping that they would get better. I almost feel like I need to read the last one just to finish the series, even though i know they just sex it up, maybe ill just read it for that :maybe...dodgy:

twilight
Book starts: goes to school
middle of book: asks questions to Edward
1 page: good part
book ends

Old Feedback: 43+ 0- 12 High end gun deals 100% 328+ eBay

aka2kaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:08 PM #32
Downfall08
Scatter!

I'm about a 150 pages into Twilight right now and I'm reading it, like most of the guys on here, because of the girlfriend. Well, atleast thats what they claim

Anyway, it's compelling, if nothing else. In general, I can't stand books written in the first person, and its just so simple. I don't think I'm having trouble with the girl-thing, theres just not a lot happening at the moment, and not a lot that has happened. In popular books like this, you can usually atleast count on some action to entertain in the place of thought-provoking and deep literature, but I feel like I'm not even getting that.
Downfall08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:22 AM #33
Raw157
Carpe diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfall08 View Post
I'm about a 150 pages into Twilight right now and I'm reading it, like most of the guys on here, because of the girlfriend. Well, atleast thats what they claim

Anyway, it's compelling, if nothing else. In general, I can't stand books written in the first person, and its just so simple. I don't think I'm having trouble with the girl-thing, theres just not a lot happening at the moment, and not a lot that has happened. In popular books like this, you can usually atleast count on some action to entertain in the place of thought-provoking and deep literature, but I feel like I'm not even getting that.
I agree.
I read the books down in New Orleans with my then GF, and I found the style behind the book to be lame and boring. Authors discription was well thought out, and very detailed, however the style of the author and the first person did not really do it for me per say. Compelling, not sure if I would even give it that, if you take a high school class that requires you read "x number of pages," and you cannot find anything better, and you need something semi-long, pick it up. Other wise, your time is better spent with other books of a good nature.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:17 PM #34
amurrricanhero (Banned)
F-R-E-S-H.

ayo dis ya boy hotkarl

read twilight -> recieve women

holla atcha boy
amurrricanhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:47 PM #35
PuPz
I <3 Netch

If your looking for a book to wet your panties, go for it. Its for women and feelings. If your a guy and you think these are good books your a homo.
I know, an intelligent argument. Do not comment back if you havent read Gates of Fire.
hATe
PuPz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:44 PM #36
zipthehuh
06 Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballgeek View Post

The literary quality isn't the best, lots of filler adjectives and verbs,...l.
That was my problem. I could not read it due to the literary quality, made it through the audio book tho.

This is the only book other than Illumanatus that I have not finished. Still working on Illumanatus tho.
zipthehuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:44 PM #37
paintballgeek
Working Cl*******

paintballgeek is a Supporting Member
paintballgeek is a founding member
paintballgeek plays in the APPA D3 division
paintballgeek supports DLX Technology
Finished Breaking Dawn yesterday, the series was meh. I wish there was more vampire fighting.
Play at Xcape
old feedback +23/0
paintballgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:09 PM #38
heavyd8x
&amp;gt;_&amp;gt;

heavyd8x is a Supporting Member
heavyd8x is playing at Living Legends III
I read through Twilight, and had to get New Moon. Once I made it through that, I moved onto Eclipse. I'm still on Eclipse now, and I'm still very impressed. Its been years since I read a book that could draw me in, and intrigue me the way the Twilight series has. I'm looking forward to her new book The Host aswell. Once I finish the series of course.
GWC #23
Call of Duty I or II Gamertag: katxyo (PS3)
heavyd8x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:38 PM #39
Silver Bullet
Shut your damn mouth

Silver Bullet owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Silver Bullet has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Silver Bullet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Silver Bullet has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I started Twilight on monday... finished it monday. Started New Moon tuesday.... finished it on tuesday. Im kinda addicted.

"Originally posted by SneakyKindofEvil: Haha, I figured I had to fire a pretty big preemptive strike to show that no funny business will be accepted over my tacti-pris.
"
"Originally posted by Tafari Makonnen: Alex is just mad because he is becoming more lame, while you continue to increase in awesomeness.
"
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:09 PM #40
HuktAwnFoniks
Thanks a lot, Bin Laden

Anyone see the movie? As a stand alone film it was pretty bad, but being somewhat of a fan of the book made it better. It stuck pretty close to the book overall. I'm glad there was more action in the movie than in the book. If I remember correctly, we didn't see any of the action in the ballet studio at the end in the book because Bella just passes out after James bites her.
HuktAwnFoniks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:23 PM #41
The Gvna
incon-****ing-spicuous

The Gvna supports Cereal Killerz 2
The Gvna donated to help Peyton Trent
The Gvna helped look for balloons
The Gvna is playing at Living Legends III
The Gvna supports our troops
The Gvna is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The Gvna is Legendary
Yeah I agree. Stand alone the movie blew. But being a fan of the books, it was great. And I loved that they had Alice rip James head off. I'm definitely hoping they do them all, and stay true to the books.
We'd rather make our children (We desire to communicate)
White Flag Warriors (You cannot do us harm)

Rare Sandanas & Other Gear- ALL OBO
The Gvna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:51 AM #42
Nutworth
Anti-Semitic Remarks

Nutworth supports Team VICIOUS
Twilight is the bane of my existence. What has happened to America's youth when a vampire romance novel is more popular than a hilarious, burly book such as Catch-22?
Nutworth is offline   Reply With Quote