Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:24 PM #1
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
** A Letter To Gpl Players **

It was brought to my attention that at the July GPL event that a DM7 was reported stolen. Thanks to some video surveillance footage, an anonymous tip and investigation skills of ECX Paintball Park owner, Rick Carver, information was obtained as to the whereabouts of the missing marker.

The Marker was stolen by Gabe Fletcher who at the time was working as a chrono judge on field 2. After taking the marker he sold the marker to TradeMyGun.com and received payment for the stolen marker through Paypal which was later confirmed by Mike,Owner of TradeMyGun.com .

After confronted by Rick from ECX, Gabe replied….

Quote:
To all parties involved,

My name is Gabe Fletcher. I have been a ref for The GPL for almost 3 years now. I have recently committed a major crime of which I am fully aware of the ramifications.

For thought’s used with my lack of better judgment, I took a player’s DM7 paintball marker from GPL Event 3 on July 27th 2008. No other parties were involved. I then took the marker and sold it to TradeMyGun.com through their online trade-in program. I was paid the sum of $356 through PayPal (transaction ID#: 2CC11274PW891303K) after PayPal Fee’s, the total I received was $345.38 USD.

I am fully aware of the seriousness of this crime and the ramifications it brings with it. I am willing to cooperate and make to satisfy all parties involved. I will follow through with any judgment passed.

I know that I have deceived the people who care most about me, but through a recent financial depression, I have not been thinking clearly, but I know this does not warrant the behavior I have shown.

As a final note of closing, I am willing to cooperate with all law enforcement departments to place matters on the satisfactory levels of all parties involved.

Sincerely,

Gabe Fletcher

I want to personally apologize to all the players of the GPL. It is very unfortunate that this situation has happened and we are glad that we were able to help recover the marker for the player. The GPL currently does not do a background check on field judges and Gabe has been a field judge for us for years and we never expected this to happen.

Moving forward we are going to restrict all field judges from going anywhere near players staging areas as well as working together with ECX to install even more hidden security cameras to make sure we have complete coverage of all areas.

I am also going to personally give a reward to the person who gave us some information which helped in the investigation, who wants to stay anonymous at this time. I am also going to give the owner of the stolen marker at $100 GPL Gift Certificate as well.

I also encourage players to be proactive and make sure you always take a picture of your gear and keep a list of all serial numbers. This was very helpful in finding this equipment.

The GPL and ECX will not stand for ANY KIND of misconduct, especially theft at any of our events or at the Paintball Park. This incident will not be dealt with lightly as Local and Federal authorities have been informed and are currently involved in this matter.

Brian L Barno
GPL Promoter
Old 08-06-2008, 10:47 PM #2
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
A note from the owner of ECX Paint Ball Park INC.

Some of you may know me and I bet a lot of folks do not. However, If you do, then you know I am new in the paint ball industry. I have invested a great deal of time and money so paint ball players of all ages can come to ECX Paint Ball Park and enjoy themselves. Guess by now we all know, not all guests had such a great time at the last event. What a shame. Win or lose guys and gals,,,, I simply want you all to have a fun, safe and SECURE time when visiting my park. I have a zero tolerance for a few things in my life, and stealing is right there at the top of the list. What Gabe did makes me furious, and I am positive that all of you reading this share the same feeling. I will work with the authorities to see this through to the very end, I promise you!!!!!

I want to thank all of the teams who come out and enjoy themselves competing and having fun. You have my word that I will continue to do everything I can to make your visit GREAT TIME. As always,,, if you need anything ask! and remember ( I'll be watching!) Lets move on now and get practicing ok?

Take care and hope to see you all soon!

Rick Carver
Closed Thread