PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-05-2008, 05:53 AM #1
congratsxihatexu
Kevin yo

gator tank

if i built a tank like working around a 6x4 gator would fields allow it like its not fast or anything it does 20

and i can make a turret coming off the bed and if i need too i can put it in 6 wheel drive ill make a way to cover the wheels
congratsxihatexu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2008, 08:33 PM #2
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

a gator is a nice platform to build on. there are a few of them out there already. most fields have a 5 mph(walking speed) speed limit. mine goes about 20 also but we keep it slow so we dont run anyone over

http://1sspanzerkorps.com/
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:40 PM #3
congratsxihatexu
Kevin yo

yeah the way i have it figured out in my head itll be more of a humvee than a tank

what can i use like as armor thall sustain nerf rounds

and also if i have a turret and i have it enclosed completely is that ok

and i plan on having like a turret in the passenger seat and a higher one in the bed of the gator i dont want an air cannon just yet its to much money but if i eventually do itll be in the bed

but do they have like a restricted occupancy amount like how many people can be in it also if i make it out of a 6x4 will they have a problem iwth it having 6 wheels
Old 08-06-2008, 03:39 AM #4
JESTERTLS

We've got one that plays our field. Formidable tank. Just check with the field you intend on playing at.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:55 AM #5
congratsxihatexu
Kevin yo

well i plan to travel all around like when me and my bro and dad go play woodsball ill put it on a trailer and if theres a lot of people then ill use it but if we are only doing like 5 on 5's im not gonna use tank cause that wouldnt be fair
Old 08-07-2008, 03:54 AM #6
JESTERTLS

As far as armor, there are alot of choices out there. I used ply wood. If you do that, get treated ply wood that wont warp. The regular ply wood I used would warp. Not an issue unless you traveled through a rain storm to get to the field. You can use corogated plastic. Some use metal and some have been known to make fiberglass bodies. Now that all depends on what you can do and what you can afford. I have limited skills and budget so it was ply wood for me.

Here is a picture of our sister fields tank. May give you some ideals. (Wolf Creek Paintball, in Star NC)

Old 08-07-2008, 09:52 AM #7
congratsxihatexu
Kevin yo

thats my mental picture right there haha it looked basiclly the same what did they use for windows and what kind of gun is mounted on top
Old 08-08-2008, 02:40 AM #8
JESTERTLS

That an air cannon on top. Never really checked out what design he used on the cannon.

His windows are I believe Lexan. Now with his, they are not able to be opened. His windows are secured in place and are not openable. And he did that so he could transport people with out mask on inside the tank. He uses it about as much for parents to get video of their kids playing as he does actual tank duty.

My recomendation, and I think most tankers will back me up on this, is go with paintball netting for your windows. Solid windows like plexi glass and Lexan get covered with paint in a mater of seconds in a fire fight. First thing the crunchies do is try to cover your window with paint so you cant see them and shoot them. Covering the drivers window also means the tank has to stop and clean its window before it can move. And most players go for the gunner and drivers window first thing if they dotn have an AT weapon. They go for it when they do have an AT weapon. Good distration so the AT guy can kill you more easily.

Two of our tanks use lexan windows. But they both flip in, so the driver and gunners can clean them with out having to get out of the tanks. But netting is the way to go. I actually used Pet Screen. Like what you use for windows, doors, and patios so your cat and dog wont tear it up. It very strong and with stod paintball extremly well. But paintballs dont bounce off like they will with paintball netting. They tend to break on the screen and splatter your gunner. And it can make it a little harder to see through if enough gets on the screen. We kept a squirt bottle with water and that handled any vision issues which were rare. The only reason I used the pet screening is I didnt have access to paintball netting. The screen does cost a bit, but you can get it at Lowes or Home Depot.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:08 PM #9
congratsxihatexu
Kevin yo

i was thinking like plexiglass for the driver but screen for the gunner but i like the idea of it flipping around or maybe a hole next to the window where i can stick my hand out and rub it off with a microfiber but i know my hand will get f*ked up ahaha but yeah i like the idea of plywood im prolly gonna use that i just gotta find a gator for sale thats in decent shape
Old 08-09-2008, 05:25 AM #10
JESTERTLS

You can find them. I did, after I had already paid top dollar for that Mule I bought. Always seems to work out that way.

The base vehicle I always wanted was a Tracked Cushman. But they are hard to find in good shape. You can find them on Ebay, but none in a state close by when I look. Oh well.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:21 AM #11
congratsxihatexu
Kevin yo

haha i wanna find a gator with a blwn up motor and ill rebuild it and i wanna make my tank where ic an take the shell off so i can use the gator for yard work