PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-02-2008, 07:05 PM #1
Darkfear
Paintball Shinigami

Pics of homemade LAW

This design is not my own so i cannot take credit for it, but i can take credit for my final product! Designs came from here... http://www.houndsofhellpaintball.com/articles1.html ....and now for my pics halfway to completly done.

Advertisement
Old 08-04-2008, 03:33 AM #2
JESTERTLS

Not too shabby at all. I like the extended valve handle. They can be a pain to open when their new.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:23 AM #3
Kansas Kaos
Fresh Crow served daily

Kansas Kaos is a Supporting Member
Kansas Kaos is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
not bad for a first go but there are at least 2 things I'd like to see you add (or do), possibly 3.
1. You should have a gauge on you air fill section so you know how much psi is in there.
2. It would be nice to also have a burst valve on that section as well.
**note: I suggested #'s 1 & 2 because you are using a fill nipple rather than a quick change 12gram which is pre measured.
3. Based on your design I'd like to see you continue the pipe section around so it enters thru the back of the launch tube rather than the side. As it is now the air is dumped in full force at the side wall. Bringing it thru the back will deliver the air flow in the direction you are shooting, better performance, less chance for leak issues.

Last edited by Kansas Kaos : 09-02-2008 at 03:33 AM.
Kansas Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:51 PM #4
Darkfear
Paintball Shinigami

agreed on all 3 counts, i'm about to put a blow off valve on since my original intention was to use 12gram, but the cost was more than i wanted. As far as leaks go theres none as of now since i cut the hole into the pvc smaller than what i needed and took a torch to heat up the metal it just in turn caused the pvc to melt around the metal makeing it a nice tight seal. The gorilla glue was just added for stability and to make sure it wouldn't come loose. The bad part of this design is it won't be able to shoot a load of paint, but thanks for the input, i wish i could've found a dump valve for the trigger tho.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:29 PM #5
Kirk@WM

has been a member for 10 years
Not to take away from your creation but check out http://milsimrockets.com. I'm all for the "do it yourself" if it's a safe design. It is good to have a pressure relief valve and a gauge. Oh and never pressurize pvc, it's not worth the risk.
Kirk@WM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:30 PM #6
Darkfear
Paintball Shinigami

agreed on the pressurize pvc, thats why the expansion chamber is metal. yeah i also have a friend in tenn that bought one of the rocket launcher
Old 09-06-2008, 10:21 AM #7
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
that milsim rockets link looks awesome. I didn't see a price on the bazooka on there. anybody got a guesstimate as to how much for one of those?

Dark, Your design looks good if it fits the way you play. I would stay away from drilling/tapping new holes in pvc pipe. Taking the air in from the capped end with a 2" to 3/4" (whatever your piping is) reducer would be the safest bet. You want a joint between your pieces to be the weakest link if you don't have a pressure relief valve. If the joint goes, the pieces separate. If that pipe fails, it's plastic flying punji sticks everywhere. That will ruin a day. Get some video of you lobbing a few shots and filling too. I'm curious to see how long it takes to reload and put round on target again.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:19 PM #8
XSiv Force
oh sweet molasses!!

XSiv Force owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i built one the same way a while ago and it takes as fast as you want to reload the ammo but the air is a different story i used the 12 gram and it takes a little bit to reload that but range wise ive hit a 3' x 3' target at 200 ft easily
Old 09-19-2008, 06:31 PM #9
In_the_woods

The M72LAWgiver can be built for about $40. It is a cheap and easy design.
In_the_woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:42 PM #10
XSiv Force
oh sweet molasses!!

XSiv Force owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i built it for 22