PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-02-2008, 05:19 PM #1
AmbushSabre
Where the white women at?

AmbushSabre helped look for balloons
condensation

I do not fog but just amass condensation. What can I do to prevent it and is it fine to use paper towels or will that ruin the fog treatment???
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2008, 06:30 PM #2
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

has been a member for 10 years
It is virtually impossible to stop condensation without a fan of some kind. The anti-fog coating is working, it seems you have high humidity and/or sweat a lot. I sweat a lot myself. You can try wearing a bandana or ban-du to soak up the sweat.

I would not use a paper towel. I clean mine with water only and then shake it dry. Some people like the micro cloths but I've never used one except on my glasses (they don't have an anti-fog coating).
Old 08-02-2008, 10:14 PM #3
AmbushSabre

is there a company that makes a fan for it because i dont think save phace does???
Old 08-02-2008, 11:51 PM #4
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

has been a member for 10 years
No, not that I'm aware of.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:08 AM #5
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Take off the head shield and see if the condensation. A former member of our team had the same issue, but it was resolved with removal of the head shield. A girl from our team has the smoke thermal lens in her mask and she has no issues at all.

You can use micro computer fans in your goggles also if you would like to try that route.

Last edited by cryptic.paintball : 08-03-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:24 PM #6
DPleskin
the baby eater

just take off the shield and get something for your forhead like a bandana, or if you really sweat a lot like me get a couple pieces of paper towel, fold them up into a strip and put them between the top piece of foam and your forehead. also make sure youre wearing the mask right(VERY low on the nose). the lower you can wear it comfortabley the less condensation youll get.
People think I'm into sports because I'm a man. But I'm not into sports. I like Gatorade, but that's about as far as it goes. By the way, you don't have to be sweaty and play basketball to enjoy Gatorade. You can just be a thirsty dude. Gatorade forgets about this demographic!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:48 PM #7
herk8240
Armed Force #30

I haven't seen these masks, can anyone say if one of the JT mask fans would work?
Old 08-03-2008, 10:49 PM #8
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk8240 View Post
I haven't seen these masks, can anyone say if one of the JT mask fans would work?
no they would not
Old 08-04-2008, 12:05 PM #9
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbushSabre View Post
I do not fog but just amass condensation. What can I do to prevent it and is it fine to use paper towels or will that ruin the fog treatment???
Thank you for your questions. Some people who have issues with the condensation have had better luck with the thermal lenses. You may want to try those and see if that works better for you. Also, what cryptic.paintball said is helpful as well - there is more ventillation when you remove the forehead piece.

Also, you are correct, paper towels will scratch the coatings on the lenses. It is best to run the lens under water and shake it dry and then you can "buffer" out any watermarks or other annoyances with the microfiber bag that the lenses come in or you can use a special lint free cloth which you can pick up at any lens specialty store or on our web-site at http://www.savephace.com/MicroFiber-Towel

For you and anyone else out there that would like to try out our Thermal Pane lenses, we'll give you a one time special offer of 30% off any thermal lenses (clear, smoked or yellow). Just use the promotion code "TryThermal" when you place your order.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:35 PM #10
AmbushSabre

i have the thermal lenses already. they came with my mask.

and when u where them lower on the nose does that mean u put ur nose farther up the mask's vented front???
Old 08-05-2008, 11:54 AM #11
DPleskin
the baby eater

yeah you want your nose as far up inside the mask as as you can without wrecking your comfort so that the top foam goes straight across your eyebrow ridge(leaving almost no forehead to sweat inside the mask). I think it might be a little lower than how save phace says to wear it but it really helps with condensation issues
People think I'm into sports because I'm a man. But I'm not into sports. I like Gatorade, but that's about as far as it goes. By the way, you don't have to be sweaty and play basketball to enjoy Gatorade. You can just be a thirsty dude. Gatorade forgets about this demographic!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:58 AM #12
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbushSabre View Post
and when u where them lower on the nose does that mean u put ur nose farther up the mask's vented front???
Here are some pictures to illustrate. These are a little exaggerated but it will give you the rough idea:

Too high:

Lower on the nose (you can even wear it a little lower on the nose than this picture shows):

hth.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:59 PM #13
afroman5015

or just use sum tic tacs to get rid of yo hot breathe
lol j/k good luck