Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-27-2008, 02:10 AM #43
i<3chickenw/gravy

just put a stickie in here saying none of these dumb threads, heres why it will never be in the xgames:
1. the x games are not a team sport. that would be impossible to have a one man game, and if it did it would be get hit off the break and you lose
2. paintball is not popular enough to be in the regular olympics, to be in them it would take 20 or 30 years toget popular enough to be in there
3. when people think of paintball who know nothing of the sport get an image of their mind of a kid shooting pedestrians, you can think up the rest of it
LEIGON FAN #1030
RYAN PODESTA FAN #12
Bushwackers Fan #32
i<3chickenw/gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2008, 08:16 AM #44
MW-Killer08
Heart

MW-Killer08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MW-Killer08 supports Team VICIOUS
Just as with my post regarding the Olympics, paintball is not big enough to be put into a spotlight like the X Games. Plus, with the huge amount of people that see paintball as nothing but promoting violence, not everyone would accept a sport in which you shoot at other people. And don't give me the argument "but we are just shooting paintballs out of a marker at each other." People don't care about that. Also, paintball would need a much bigger fanbase and industry to make it into a big spotlight. Until that happens, and people learn to control themselves a little bit, we will just have to enjoy paintball on FSN every Tuesday.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:46 AM #45
N00dle
"Remember why your here"

OK this thread is wack. I race motocross and play paintball tournament level. When you've jumped an 80 ft double side by side with 30 guys racing for spots you can tell me paintball is more extreme. Paintball is an awesome sport and deserves recognition, but I don't think the x games are fit for the paintball world. They have coverage on fox sports on tuesdays which is pretty sweet. Like he said above x games are not team based. A line has to be drawn, or who is to say air soft doesn't belong in the x games.
N00dle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:16 PM #46
Pballer-Mike94

Paintball shouldnt be in the x games because the x games is not a team thing. X games has nothing to do with teams and staragy x games is skate boarding snowboard etc DONT NEED TEAMS FOR IT

R.I.P Ron Butler
Pballer-Mike94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:06 PM #47
travisg772
Str8Killa

travisg772 supports Team VICIOUS
travisg772 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablowrath35 View Post
i think paintball should be in the x games because its alot harder than riding a dirtbike around and its harder than skiing and snowmobiling plus paintball is a xtreme sport even if your not riding something around and doing tricks on it.
wat do you think.
its easy to hold a gun and shoot.. honostly..

but lets see you ride a dirtbike..

VAPOR VENDETTA
After Hours Crew #10
travisg772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:48 AM #48
ncognito
Been around the block

Paintball at the X-Games is the PERFECT venue to INTRODUCE the game to a larger audiance. It is already targeted to the right demographic and like most sports a knowledgable announcer / commentator makes all the difference in the spectator / viewer experiance.

A little bit of airtime and education could go a long way towards the growth of this sport.

PS, it would have to be X-BALL and Matty / Nicky T. would need to provide play by play - color commentary.

Just my 2 cents. Now I will sit back and watch others tell my why I am (my opinion is) stupid.
Right Apparel & Head Gear
Proud to be rocking a Pinokio in 09
BIG L's Paintball Plus
ncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:33 AM #49
Fatal Makiej90
Leave of Absence

i agree that paintball is a team sport = x games no team sports, paintball is to hard to watch for the average spectator(like in football most ppl watch the QB hike the ball or the line backer blitz but you gotta remember theres 22 people on the field at once. if you watch the line you might see an awesome block) FSN does a decent job covering paintball considering, i think if they went back edited the film so that all the major moves where seen more peole would watch the sport. Like have a camera man for each player and about 10 different field angles they'd get alot more shots that are considered acceptable to the avg. spectator. So in my theory dumb or not it would make paintball much more simple to watch and lets face it alot of people in todays world either can't concentrate enless theres a shiny object infront of them or are just plain old stupid.

I don't agree or disagree that one sport is better than the other or that one takes more prep time then the other to be the best. every profesional level of a sport requires extreme dedication. A player for that level of competition must have a love for that sport to stay focused and intense. Its wrong to sit on your high throne and lay judgement on another sport, cause chances are your just not good at that sport. Everyone is good as something naturally, if your not good enough to do what you like you bust your *** to keep up with the competetion. So enough of this is better than that go out and enjoy what you do and remember this is pbnation, so expect some hardcore ballers to bad mouth your sports.

But finally i do agree that paintball needs more airtime if we want to become one of the elite sports in the world. I would also like to add that everyone on this website and i mean everyone should be premoting the sport, if your a woods baller, a speed baller, whatever we are a nation of paintball lovers and people who love something share that love with the world so instead of deciding if paintball should be on xball and wasting your time argueing that go out and premote the sport anyway you can.

But hey im just a noob that knows nothing.(sorry if i spelt stuff wrong)

New Hampshire Indoor Paintball N.H.I.P.
Fatal Makiej90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:12 PM #50
huggy_bear81
That's what she said!

My little rant

I agree with incognito in that x-games would be awesome exposure for paintball and generate interest. It would also be a great way to show how safe the sport is, emphasize safety and how injuries are not caused by the markers themselves but by the regular sports injuries.

And at the OP your first post is basically a slap in the face to every single pro skier/snowboarder/moto cross rider thatís ever lived. You think paintball is harder? Try dropping into a super pipe and airing out 15-20 feet PAST the lip, you say you snowboard how high is that? You're being graded on every single thing you do, so not only do you need to perform the trick you need to do it with style. When was the last time you saw Dynasty lose a point for bunkering someone but doing it badly. You say you ride a dirt bike; do you go off 80 foot kickers? Can you pull a superman full extension or a catwalk? No? Then you can't talk and your argument is pointless. There is no way to compare the sport of paintball to those because they are so different in comparison.

And you say you want more exposure for the sport? But you're exactly what we don't want people to see. "Our sport is better, we train harder, itís tougher, and we're going to rub it in your face". What professional athletes have you seen ever call out another sport? Ever see Hockey players say Basketball players aren't athletes? Do they ridicule the sport? NO! Because they understand how much effort it takes to become a pro, regardless of what sport it is.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:32 PM #51
minikmak

to everyone that says no team sports in the xgames well ever hear of evolution
minikmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 AM #52
Paintbala10
IS WAY better than ANDY!

Paintbala10 plays in the PSP
Paintbala10 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paintbala10 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
i think paintball should be in the x games because its alot harder than riding a dirtbike around and its harder than skiing and snowmobiling plus paintball is a xtreme sport even if your not riding something around and doing tricks on it.
wat do you think.
i agree it should be in the xgames it would be bad *** but im sorry i race MX and there is no way in hell paintball is harder. yeah paintball take skill and practice to get good at but it doesnt take the physical work riding does. paintball doesnt require the physical strength riding does. with riding (to be good) u have to be strong enough to throw ur bike down to scrub and lay it over in the ruts and im sorry there is no way paintball is harder than MX. anyone can be good at both MX or Paintball it just take time and practice with either one
MyFeedback
Paintbala10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:03 AM #53
i70pb
www.i70paintball.com

has been a member for 10 years
i70pb donated to help Peyton Trent
i70pb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i70pb supports Bob Gurnsey
Have any of you ever been currling.......Thats what I thought. But it is a Olympic event. I don't get it.
Airsoft Year Round Open Play Every Day but Monday - Sales & Rentals i70Airsoft.com
i70pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:21 AM #54
65pb09
Tippman 4 life

Paintball should totaly be in the x games no direspect to everyone in the xgames but paintball is tough
65pb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:26 AM #55
TRAUMA2121

TRAUMA2121 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
wat do you think.
i love paintball but dirtbikers and snowboarders practise 10 times harder then paintballers but i do think it should be in the xgames
D. Rose HeadPhones[url="http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3399337"]
TRAUMA2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:28 AM #56
TRAUMA2121

TRAUMA2121 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pballer-Mike94 View Post
Paintball shouldnt be in the x games because the x games is not a team thing. X games has nothing to do with teams and staragy x games is skate boarding snowboard etc DONT NEED TEAMS FOR IT
rally car has 2 people so kinda a team sport
hah
D. Rose HeadPhones[url="http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3399337"]
TRAUMA2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:23 PM #57
CrackersSB17
US Mercs Paintball

HAHAHA! We're the outcasts of the sporting world, too extreme for the Olympics and not extreme enough for X-Games, LOL!
Crackers #17
US Mercs Paintball
Redz - CP - P&L Paintball - Hanson Custom - Tech PB
Pinokio Hoppers - Monster Paintball
CrackersSB17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:03 PM #58
RazorBurn
T-Dubz

RazorBurn is playing at Living Legends III
RazorBurn owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RazorBurn plays in the APPA D5 division
Let me kind of sum up some things here for the kids on this site who post 20+ post a day and are under the age of 16. No sport works harder then the other and no professional is more dedicated in the sport they love then the other sport. X-Games is an event showing how hard individuals work to show off their skills to the world. Is paintball not the same?

As for the whole not a spectator sport, maybe if it got more air-time and taught more to the youth of the nation, then more people could understand the sport. Do you think people would watch snowboarders board down a mountain side if they had no understanding as to why they all are just going down?

Paintball is harder then most sports in the aspect that it take alot of hard work to come up with the money and time to dedicate oneself to picking up that gun and shooting it. Most tournament teams are mainly local teams in d4/d3 who pay out everything out of their own pocket or mom and dads.

Don't ever classify football, basketball, soccer, or any other major league sport to paintball. They are not on the same level, and will never be unless it is promoted more. The only comparison is that players in each sport practice hard enough to try and win the next match.

As for putting paintball in X-Games, i say yes, but only in the hopefully near-future and not until it is promoted more visually through television. It's not on tv for the fact that it's a bunch of wild and angry kids shooting others. That is why it needs to taught and shown just what the sport is about besides the anger.

So i end it all here as i do not have the time to continue typing as it could be a good novel and i'm leaving my class and heading home. Rock/Paper/Scissors is a sport on espn because everyone knows it right? So why not get out there and do the same with paintball, PROMOTE IT AND GET MORE PLAYERS TO DO THE SAME THING YOU LOVE TO DO!

Last edited by RazorBurn : 11-02-2008 at 10:21 PM.
RazorBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:46 AM #59
NemesisZ28
hater of snow

NemesisZ28 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
So why not get out there and do the same with paintball, PROMOTE IT AND GET MORE PLAYERS TO DO THE SAME THING YOU LOVE TO DO!
done and done. My ex was totally against the idea of shooting at eachother.She hates the idea's of guns, doesn't like violence(but she was the most violent player on her hocker team ) I talked her into coming and checking out the whole idea of it.She watched a few games and then last night she showed up at the field ready to play.Tried it out and now she wants to get her own marker set up and play regularly.She's already planning to bring out a group of her friends to play and learn about the sport.(leave the Ex part alone...the guys at the field like to get on my case about it.lol)

If more people could bring friends out to check out the fields and even just watch some of the play, it wouldn't take long for the snowball effect to happen and paintball could really grow...and maybe someday make it into regularly televised sporting events.Maybe not make the X-games(as cool as it would be) but still more publicly recognised
NemesisZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:41 PM #60
XSVchild12
Kick ***, dont kiss it!

Annual Supporting Member
XSVchild12 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
XSVchild12 plays in the APPA beginner division
XSVchild12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
XSVchild12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
XSVchild12 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i watch 40 year old men roll around on skate boards and i cant watch paintball? c'mon now. yes, we al know skiing, motocross, ect, is more intense but paintball is a very large underground sport. why not put it in. for **** sake i can watch the Olympics and watch women swim around in make up....dont try and tell me thats a sport.
(> )>
*\)\)
XSVchild12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:52 PM #61
Wooba

Wooba is playing at Living Legends VII
Wooba has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Wooba supports Empire
every sport is hard in its own way. in no way does paintball relate to dirkbiking, snowmobiling, etc. it should be in the xgames.
Wooba is offline   Reply With Quote