Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 11:10 PM #736
d3ftblade
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
CPX When I was rocking the WORST rental gun EVER $33 for rental and admission. And then like $85 or $90 a case. I get the Justification for it, In the Chicago area, it's a pretty legit field.
d3ftblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2012, 07:24 AM #737
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ftblade
CPX When I was rocking the WORST rental gun EVER $33 for rental and admission. And then like $85 or $90 a case. I get the Justification for it, In the Chicago area, it's a pretty legit field.
CPX is one of those fields that I feel is well worth the price. You get what you pay for there. Out in that area the same goes for PBXplosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
The most expensive places I've played weren't actually overpriced. They were worth it.

However, I have played at some average priced places that just didn't put forth much effort. Most of those have gone out of business though.
I've experienced the same. Fields with expensive paint where the most creative bunkers they have are empty water drums, car tires and pallets
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA


Last edited by Soul06 : 07-10-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 AM #738
lowcoast
Backyard 'Baller
 
lowcoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 902
lowcoast is playing at Living Legends V
lowcoast is playing at Living Legends VI
lowcoast owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
lowcoast is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahib_Stilgar View Post
Is that Bigfoot paintball? Expensive yes, but they also specialize in creating a big movie style combat scenario on a very big field.

Not really a place to go every weekend. It makes its money on people who only play once a year or so...

http://www.bigfoot-paintball.com/accueil.php
No, I'm talking about Mirabel. Bigfoot is amazing though, real heli rentals from the local heliport and everything. Great scenarios, and the prices aren't too bad, but the people there are arrogant, and there is alot of walking (they have something like 100 acres of fields).
I could never understand how once the paint gets to quebec, the paint doubles in price. A case of cheap paint is $50 at my closest field, why should it be $150 2 provinces over? THE reason my brothers (who live in quebec) only play while they're here for the summer.

Last edited by lowcoast : 07-10-2012 at 07:31 AM.
lowcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:36 AM #739
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahib_Stilgar View Post
Is that Bigfoot paintball? Expensive yes, but they also specialize in creating a big movie style combat scenario on a very big field.

Not really a place to go every weekend. It makes its money on people who only play once a year or so...

http://www.bigfoot-paintball.com/accueil.php
Wish that website was in English so I could really navigate it and know what i'm reading lol
But the pics of the fields, if those are in fact the fields, look INSANE! $200+ for a case is completely retarded BUT I'd pay it at least once for a chance to experience a place of that caliber
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:50 AM #740
Horizon
 
 
Horizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Wish that website was in English so I could really navigate it and know what i'm reading lol
But the pics of the fields, if those are in fact the fields, look INSANE! $200+ for a case is completely retarded BUT I'd pay it at least once for a chance to experience a place of that caliber
In my opinion, fields are only overpriced if they are not getting enough customers. Bigfoot Paintball, from what I've read elsewhere, is often booked up months in advance. If there is that much demand for their offerings, then they are obviously not overpriced.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:04 PM #741
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
In my opinion, fields are only overpriced if they are not getting enough customers. Bigfoot Paintball, from what I've read elsewhere, is often booked up months in advance. If there is that much demand for their offerings, then they are obviously not overpriced.
I disagree in part. In some cases, even if they are few, some fields maintain decent attendance because they dont have competition within a reasonable distance. So people who want to play are left with one of three options
1- Drive much longer distances to play
2- Play illegally (outlaw ball)
3- Suck it up and play at the overpriced local spot.

The way I hear it around PBN people don't like to drive even an hour just to play. Closest field to me is 40 min away.
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:17 AM #742
olivoil
 
 
olivoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
olivoil owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
30$ entry
10$ for 4500 psi fil
160$ case (crap paint)
olivoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:11 AM #743
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivoil View Post
30$ entry
10$ for 4500 psi fil
160$ case (crap paint)
Where is that?
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:02 PM #744
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!
 
DB-1071's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rochester,NY(585 Baby!)
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends V
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VI
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
DB-1071 is a top reviewer
As I remember the place was called Indoor Paintball and the prices were

30 entry
20 air
100 for paint
Gee I wonder why it closed down????
__________________
LOST NYMPH ANGEL!!!

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.


GO ON, I DARE YOU!! GO ON I DARE YOU, AGAIN!!!
" Physician heal thyself!! " The War Doctor
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:26 PM #745
CVeaglespaintball
NYU '17
 
CVeaglespaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NYC
CVeaglespaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CVeaglespaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
CVeaglespaintball supports Empire
I go skiing at a place called 7 Springs out near Pittsburg. In the summer they have a big BBQ cookoff (so delicious) so I brought a couple friends out and we decided we'd check out the paintball. I think the prices were

$20 entry
$30 entry+rental
$75 a case for RPS Premium ($50 at my home field)

On top of that, they had one field and no air compressor, CO2 only. We decided to just eat more ribs
CVeaglespaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:09 PM #746
southLA
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
At most places that I go to, I can get entry, air, and 1000 balls for $50ish. add another 25-30 for a full case.
southLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:03 PM #747
TwistedFreak (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicago
TwistedFreak is playing at Living Legends V
TwistedFreak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TwistedFreak has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
this was a while ago, the field is closed now. But Paintball Blitz in gurnee
charged for every air fill. Plus $20 entry and $120 for a case of blaze i think it was. Loved the field though. It was a hole in the wall, but for my first paintball park ever it was awesome
TwistedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:27 PM #748
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFreak
this was a while ago, the field is closed now. But Paintball Blitz in gurnee
charged for every air fill. Plus $20 entry and $120 for a case of blaze i think it was. Loved the field though. It was a hole in the wall, but for my first paintball park ever it was awesome
I think I see part of the reason it's now closed lol
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:08 PM #749
pinoy_92
professional n00b
 
pinoy_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Upstate, South Carolina
pinoy_92 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pinoy_92 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pinoy_92 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
pinoy_92 is attending Decay of Nations VI
My backyard.
__________________
.
pinoy_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:54 PM #750
kudos
 
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Saigon
 has been a member for 10 years
you guys should check out prices overseas. i heard that Norway is the most expensive. im currently in vietnam and field fee is $5 with all day air but paintball is FPO and 150$/case for some random white box.
__________________
Vampire Axe
Rotor V3
Freak All American Kit
Ninja 68/4500
kudos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:40 PM #751
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout
 
team_xile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wisconsin
team_xile plays in the PSP
team_xile plays in the APPA D4 division
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile is Legendary
team_xile supports DLX Technology
Most expensive i've played was a place called Adventure Paintball. At first it was a great field because they allowed BYOP. After a few years they went to FPO. It was 15 for air/entry, and 65.00 a case. Really not that bad. But it's honestly the most expensive i've played.
team_xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:54 PM #752
keithstone66
 
 
keithstone66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
not to bad

uraban assult 35 for admisson and air all day bring your paint outdoor field only
dicks or duhnms empire munitions 40 bucks a pop 75 bucks for a day.. PPSC Pittsburgh Paintball Sports Complex 55 a case on what ever skid of paint they are burning threw speed ball only field and for a first timer to speed ball when the whistle blows its a wall off paint like a bad cartoon so find that dorito lmao Three rivers Paintball buy a field pass no field pass 80 a case plus entry. field is on point when the players are there a bit lax with less players field pass good for one year from point of sale 175 hit but our hobbie isnt cheap.......
keithstone66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:59 PM #753
GoldFeather
 
 
GoldFeather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
I've only played at one plays so far
It's a church group and admission is free and you don't have to rent eny thing bu I alwas get an air tank and unlimited refills for 7.50 and I buy a hot dog for lunch
GoldFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:00 PM #754
cptnemo66
 
 
cptnemo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cleveland OH
Annual Supporting Member
cptnemo66 is BST Trusted
cptnemo66 is playing at Living Legends VII
cptnemo66 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cptnemo66 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cptnemo66 is attending Decay of Nations VI
cptnemo66 supports Empire
Pinnacle Woods in Ohio.
$20 Entry
$10 98C Rental or $20 Ion rental
$10 all day air or $1.50 per 1k psi or $.25 per ounce of co2
$75 for RPS case or $80 for the tourney grade of the day case.
One bonus is if you buy any case you get free entry. They do have like 12 different fields and a good staff. Been in operation since the 1980's. Not all that bad but it is the most expensive place to play around me.
cptnemo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:35 PM #755
Beyond The Grave
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Scary Creek in Scott Depot, WV
$12 Entry
$15 for a bag of their cheapest paint $19 for whatever top shelf paint they have with no reduced price for getting a full case
$12 for air
$22 if you have to rent you get a 98 but still no paint
I haven't been there in years but the last I heard the owner was making people rent if they had good gear because it intimidates new players.
Beyond The Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:42 AM #756
eggwhite6
don't small towns suck?
 
eggwhite6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BC, Canada
eggwhite6 supports Team VICIOUS
eggwhite6 is for the Gunfight
eggwhite6 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
TNT
Bag of 500 Low end paint for about 45 dollars and field fee. 25 bucks. Nice fields though
eggwhite6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump