PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-27-2008, 01:25 AM #1
elbrookso

Christian Paintball Tournament

For anyone who would like to attend (we already have out-of-state teams signed up)

We will be having a "John 3:16", non-profit, Christian paintball tournament at Southern Extreme Paintball on August the 16th in Prattville, AL. Everyone is invited, regardless of religious beliefs. The only pre-requisite is that every player or team must represent a church.

This Tournament is being held for the unveiling of the first in a series of Christian paintballs, John 3:16. The paintball’s shell is red to symbolize the “Blood of Jesus Christ” with a brilliant green fill to symbolize the “Eternal Life” that he paid for. John 3:16 is printed on the face of the ball.

The tournament will be a five-man event with two age group categories, 10 through 15 and 16 and above. There will be cash purse prizes awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams of each category. The individual team members will receive a small portion of the cash purse with the remainder being donated in the players name’s to the church of their representation. Each organization may have as many team or player representations as they wish.

The pre-entry fee will be $25 per person, with a “day-of” entry fee (dependent on available slots) of $ 30 per player. Entry fee includes free air fills. This event is FPO. Paint cost is $45 per case of 2000. Paintballs may be shared amongst team members.

The tentative hours of the tournament are; from 8am to 7pm with a 1-hour intermission from 12:30 to 1:30. During this recess, we will have Christian guest speakers.

We encourage each player and guest to wear clothing representing their church or organization. This is not just a paintball tournament, it is a "Celebration of Our Lord"! If you or anyone that you know would be interested in either participating, becoming a guest speaker or simply making a donation, please have them give me contact me by e-mail at jbrooks@thezone-paintball.com

We are asking that anyone who wishes to participate to RSVP as soon as possible so that we can have the proper amount of supplies available.

Slots are filling up fast. If you are interested in attending, please contact me ASAP.

We have a few teams that are in need of extra players. If you would like to fill one of these slots, let us know.

Thank you for your time and God Bless! Hope to see you there!!
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2008, 04:28 PM #2
ace2394again
Ducks Fly Together

how far is it from memphis?
Old 07-27-2008, 07:42 PM #3
nukedave
Team Dad

website?

does the field have a website? Looks like a lot of fun, we need to get some more info.

Valken Sports
nukedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:50 PM #4
xx KlutCH xx

Hey nuke u gona do this? i think my crew is

Dust Red Ego8
Cobalt Etek 2
06 Etek
xx KlutCH xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:57 PM #5
elbrookso

The field is about 4 hours from Memphis. I make that drive all of the time.

I am not sure if the field has a website or not. I am just hosting the tournament there. I am actually from Greenville, which is an hour south. I chose to host the tournament there due to it being centrally located in Alabama.

If you need more info, e-mail me your questions and I will give you all the info that I can or call me at 334-303-4732. Thank's Guys!!
Old 07-27-2008, 08:59 PM #6
xx KlutCH xx

oh. why not host it at delta park paintball?

Dust Red Ego8
Cobalt Etek 2
06 Etek
Old 07-27-2008, 09:01 PM #7
nukedave
Team Dad

klutch- prattville is good for us...closer than memphis. you guys gonna go?

Valken Sports

Last edited by nukedave : 07-27-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:40 PM #8
nukedave
Team Dad

or is this a woodball tourny?

Valken Sports
Old 07-27-2008, 10:26 PM #9
xx KlutCH xx

we going and im assuming that its speedball since it is a 5man format

Dust Red Ego8
Cobalt Etek 2
06 Etek
Old 07-28-2008, 12:26 PM #10
elbrookso

This is a speedball tourney. If you are planning on attending, please contact me as soon as possible so that we can get you pre-registered.

jbrooks@thezone-paintball.com

(334) 303-4732

My name is Jim
Old 07-29-2008, 03:37 PM #11
nukedave
Team Dad

Jim, We got the forms all printed up and sent home to their parents. I will fax them in next day or so.

Valken Sports
Old 07-29-2008, 03:42 PM #12
elbrookso

Great! Thank's Guys!! I look forward to seeing you there!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:18 PM #13
elbrookso

For those of you that have already registered or plan to register,

I have worked out some *discounts with 2 hotels. The addresses say Millbrook, but they are still part of Prattville. The Hotels are side-by-side with a Chevron service station in between. They are located immidietly off of the interstate. I feel that these would be the best choice for you guys for both price and location. There is also a Super 8 up the road a bit. I will list their # as well.

When making reservations at the first two, reference the “Paintball Tournament”. Also, make your reservations as soon as possible. This is a major route to the beaches and these places fill up fast!

There is a Bass Pro Shop, Target, Wal-Mart, Malls, theatre and numerous fast food and restaurants located at the exit of the first 2 hotels. Gas stations, Waffle House, Wendy’s and Cracker Barrel at the Super 8. These Exits are about 2-3 miles apart.

*Country Inn & Suites (inside rooms)
2329 Cobbs Ford Rd.
Millbrook, AL 36054
(334) 495-3000
$72 + Tax for King or Double room.
Great Hot Breakfast! (Biscuit, Sausage, Eggs....)

*Key West Inn (Outside Access Room)
2275 Cobbs Ford Rd.
Millbrook, AL 36054
(334) 290-1696
$64.95 + Tax = Double Room
$54.95 + Tax = King Room
Waffle, Cereal, Fruit and Pastries for breakfast

Super 8 Motel
639 Malwest Dr.
Prattville, AL 36066
(334) 365-7250
Not sure about breakfast
Old 08-07-2008, 05:37 PM #14
elbrookso

Notice

This is a NOTICE to everyone that is planning to or would like to participate in this tournament.

We have had a whole lot of teams say that they are going to be there at the tournament, but as of now only a few have paid. Because the tournament is next week and we need a little more finalization so that we can make the proper arrangements, we have made a decision to cap the number of team at 20. The first 20 to pay will play.

Call me direct at 334-303-4732 or e-mail me at jbrooks@thezone-paintball.com so that I can get you the Pre-registration and Waiver forms. The deadline is Monday, August 7th at 7:00 pm.

Thanks and God Bless!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:00 PM #15
xx KlutCH xx

will it still be a double elimination tourny?

Dust Red Ego8
Cobalt Etek 2
06 Etek
Old 08-07-2008, 07:37 PM #16
elbrookso

Yes, it is still double elimination. p8ntballfreak5 is going to be posting the bracket for me in a little while. For some reason my computer will not let me do it.

The breakdown is:

10 min rounds with bonus points awarded for completing the round within 5 min. 4 points per elimination, 2 points per non-eliminated team member, 20 pionts for flag pull, 50 points for flag hang.

Round 1 = seed round to determine if you will be playing in Winner/Looser bracket. Points earned. No elimination.

Round 2 = Points round. No elimination.

Round 3 = Elimination Round 1. Points earned.

Round 4 = Elimination Round 2. Points earned.

* There will be an odd team at this point. The 2 teams with the lowest points will play eachother in sudden death to determine which team will fill the last seat in the Quarter Finals.

Round 5 = Quarter Finals. Sudden death.

Round 6 = Semi Finals. Sudden death.

Round 7 = Finals. Best of 3. The loosers of the Semi's will play eachother in a "best of 3" for 3rd Place.

*All rounds are "Single Game - 10 Min." rounds except for the Finals, which are "Best Out of 3".

*Points will be accumulated in all rounds "Except" the "Points Play-Off", between the two teams with the lowest points, for the "Quarter-Finals"seat.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:18 PM #17
p8ntballfreak5

The Field layout and the Virtual Tours is up.Check it out by clicking on the link below

VIDEO LINK CLICK HERE

YES, I DURACOAT GUNS...COME SEE THE PICTURES

HIT ME UP ON FACEBOOK
p8ntballfreak5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:57 AM #18
elbrookso

Registrations

Ok Guys,

We are down to the wire. The tournament is this Saturday. For those of you who have not gotten them to me already, I need to get those registrations. You can fax them to me at 334-284-2700 or scan and e-mail them back to me at jbrooks@thezone-paintball.com. When you e-mail me, please include your “Team Name” and some contact information. It is very hard to keep up with who is who. I will be away from my desk a lot this week. If you have any questions or need anything, please call me at 334-303-4732. Thanks’!

Jim