Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2008, 02:52 PM #22
Laggner
Luke
 
Laggner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Howdy View Post
Can I represent a Church of Scientology or a Church of Satanic belief? Would make for a nice heated game in the finals, dontcha think?
lol that team would be full of awesome and WIN
Laggner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:12 PM #23
xblackstarx (Banned)
poke my penguin and die..
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: near kohn sports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Howdy View Post
Can I represent a Church of Scientology or a Church of Satanic belief? Would make for a nice heated game in the finals, dontcha think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laggner View Post
lol that team would be full of awesome and WIN
that's seriously not funny. its not really a joke when you insult someone about their religion to their face.
now insulting a towel head is different because they are towel heads.
xblackstarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:15 PM #24
Laggner
Luke
 
Laggner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
and how exactly is that insulting?
he just asked if he could represent those churches for a team.
why so serious?
Laggner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:21 PM #25
mct783 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Scientology is the stupid crock of...stuff.. I've ever seen

and no luke, its not really insulting, but its harrassing. We wouldn't want someone in an LAX tournament thread throwing sarcastic remarks at us, why do it to them. Let the man run his tournament.
mct783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:45 PM #26
BadLag
 
 
BadLag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: livin in the dell ya'erd
neither of my questions have been answered yet....
__________________
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." - Albert Einstein
BadLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:58 PM #27
xblackstarx (Banned)
poke my penguin and die..
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: near kohn sports.
because they don't deserve answering.

and just so you know in almost any protestant church scientology is considered a cult... so i highly doubt they would let you represent one.
xblackstarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:07 PM #28
kwd12
I'm going fishing
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Walker, Louiisana
It says Christian Tourney, cant be any plainer
kwd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:10 PM #29
rustybucket2006
 
 
rustybucket2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: violet
rustybucket2006 plays in the PSP
rustybucket2006 supports Team VICIOUS
rustybucket2006 supports Team VICIOUS
rustybucket2006 plays in the APPA D4 division
if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all
rustybucket2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:12 PM #30
BadLag
 
 
BadLag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: livin in the dell ya'erd
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLag View Post
how many fields is this tournament being played on?
since when is this a non-legitimate question?
__________________
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." - Albert Einstein
BadLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:04 PM #31
xblackstarx (Banned)
poke my penguin and die..
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: near kohn sports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLag View Post
since when is this a non-legitimate question?
because it was coupled with another asinine statement
xblackstarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:41 AM #32
elbrookso
 
 
elbrookso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLag View Post
how many fields is this tournament being played on?
2 Fields
__________________
For God so loved YOU that he gave his only begotten son!
elbrookso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:43 PM #33
Laggner
Luke
 
Laggner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xblackstarx View Post
because they don't deserve answering.

and just so you know in almost any protestant church scientology is considered a cult... so i highly doubt they would let you represent one.
so you're saying a scientologist cant participate just because of YOUR beliefs?
hmmmm sounds like an insult to any scientologist paintballer out there.
Laggner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:06 PM #34
xblackstarx (Banned)
poke my penguin and die..
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: near kohn sports.
if you want to take it that way sure. but if scientologists wish to be considered catholic or protestant then they are asking way to much. and its stating a fact, i doubt that they would allow a scientologist "church" to attend a christian tournament. now if they registered as a real church then they would.
xblackstarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:16 PM #35
BadLag
 
 
BadLag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: livin in the dell ya'erd
elbrookso, i'd recommend getting blackstar out of your thread before he gets it shut down. he's obviously doing nothing but trolling at this point and is not contributing to your thread. i'm sorry my questions have caused this ruckus, but believe me, anything blackstar has to say about me is not true. he knows nothing about me, and in all truth, probably doesn't even know who i am.
__________________
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." - Albert Einstein
BadLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:50 PM #36
Laggner
Luke
 
Laggner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbrookso View Post
For anyone who would like to attend (we already have out-of-state teams signed up)

We will be having a "John 3:16", non-profit, Christian paintball tournament at Southern Extreme Paintball on August the 16th in Prattville, AL. Everyone is invited, regardless of religious beliefs. The only pre-requisite is that every player or team must represent a church.

This Tournament is being held for the unveiling of the first in a series of Christian paintballs, John 3:16. The paintball’s shell is red to symbolize the “Blood of Jesus Christ” with a brilliant green fill to symbolize the “Eternal Life” that he paid for. John 3:16 is printed on the face of the ball.

The tournament will be a five-man event with two age group categories, 10 through 15 and 16 and above. There will be cash purse prizes awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams of each category. The individual team members will receive a small portion of the cash purse with the remainder being donated in the players name’s to the church of their representation. Each organization may have as many team or player representations as they wish.

The pre-entry fee will be $25 per person, with a “day-of” entry fee (dependent on available slots) of $ 30 per player. Entry fee includes free air fills. This event is FPO. Paint cost is $45 per case of 2000. Paintballs may be shared amongst team members.

The tentative hours of the tournament are; from 8am to 7pm with a 1-hour intermission from 12:30 to 1:30. During this recess, we will have Christian guest speakers.

We encourage each player and guest to wear clothing representing their church or organization. This is not just a paintball tournament, it is a "Celebration of Our Lord"! If you or anyone that you know would be interested in either participating, becoming a guest speaker or simply making a donation, please have them give me contact me by e-mail at jbrooks@thezone-paintball.com

We are asking that anyone who wishes to participate to RSVP as soon as possible so that we can have the proper amount of supplies available.

Slots are filling up fast. If you are interested in attending, please contact me ASAP.

We have a few teams that are in need of extra players. If you would like to fill one of these slots, let us know.

Thank you for your time and God Bless! Hope to see you there!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xblackstarx View Post
if you want to take it that way sure. but if scientologists wish to be considered catholic or protestant then they are asking way to much. and its stating a fact, i doubt that they would allow a scientologist "church" to attend a christian tournament. now if they registered as a real church then they would.
i think you should read the OP one more time.



edit: scientology is a religion even if you believe its a cult.
and do you even know the definition of cult?
straight from dictionary.com--
cult-a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
so if scientology is a "cult"
then so is EVERY RELIGION.

Last edited by Laggner : 07-31-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Laggner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:59 PM #37
mct783 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
luke what in the hell does it matter to you. get out of this guys thread and stop acting like a 12 year old, you know better than this. this guy is running his business and you're getting in the way. blackstar too. if eric wants to ask a question, let whoever is involved with this answer it, none of your answers matter.
mct783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:44 PM #38
elbrookso
 
 
elbrookso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alabama
Listen Guys,

This is not a religious debate, it is about a paintball tournament. A Christian paintball tournament that is for Christians, by Christians. The rules are what the rules are.

As such, it should be understood that the word church, which is aderivative of the Ancient Greek word kuriakon that means "belonging to the lord", which means, and is commonly understood to mean, by definition: "A Christian house of worship; a building where religious services take place".

With that being said, I do not care what your beliefs are. That is why the advertisement says "Everyone is invited, regardless of religious beliefs". But it also says "The only pre-requisite is that every player or team must represent a church."

With the definition of the word "church" being known,the rule is simple. You must represent a "Christian" church that prize money will be donated to in your name. If you would like to comply with this, I would be more than happy to have you participate.

I am not being "hypocritical","disrespectfull" or "discriminating" in any way. I want you to participate. As long as you conform to the rules that every other team that is participating has. If you do not wish to play, that is your choice. Maybe you should set up a "Scientoligist Non-Profit Paintball Tournament" of your own. Maybe you would like to waiver your prize money so that if you win, it will go to the other two placement teams?


I will ask that those of you who have no intention or interest in participating in this tournament, please do not post any other "un-usefull religious comments" on this thread.
__________________
For God so loved YOU that he gave his only begotten son!

Last edited by elbrookso : 07-31-2008 at 07:23 PM.
elbrookso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:13 PM #39
BadLag
 
 
BadLag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: livin in the dell ya'erd
my purpose was not to waste space, but to determine whether my cause would be accepted. I honestly am offended by the fact that we're all players of the same sport but are separated by a mere technicality. it was my impression that Christianity preached open-mindedness... apparently this is not so. I'm sorry you're not willing to accept the fact that people with different beliefs can be good people too.

i would like to state for the record as well, that i'm neither christian, nor scientologist. it was all a test. i'm actually agnostic. and disgusted by the fact that this has all taken place. even if i was christian, i wouldn't participate in this tournament based on the views of the person throwing the tournament. i'm sorry you feel the need to discriminate.

ask yourself now... what would jesus do... for a klondike bar?
__________________
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." - Albert Einstein
BadLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:10 PM #40
Kolder
The Commish
 
Kolder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
I could care less what any of your religions are. If you want to participate please do. If not don't post. The next person who tries to derail this back into a religious debate can expect an infraction. Fair warning.

Kolder
__________________
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Kolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:47 PM #41
john leon
Sugar Water Purple
 
john leon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Louisiana
john leon supports Team VICIOUS
wow this thread had some heated arguments
__________________
LAX PAINTBALL
john leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:51 PM #42
BadLag
 
 
BadLag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: livin in the dell ya'erd
elbrookso, despite the fact that i disagree with your personal discriminations, good luck with your tournament and i hope that its a great success. i can't say i don't want you to succeed, because that would be untrue. you're trying to do a bit of good and more power to you for it.
__________________
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." - Albert Einstein

Last edited by Kolder : 08-04-2008 at 08:39 PM.
BadLag is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump