PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-27-2008, 01:21 AM #1
elbrookso

Christian Paintball Tournament

For anyone who would like to attend (we already have out-of-state teams signed up)

We will be having a "John 3:16", non-profit, Christian paintball tournament at Southern Extreme Paintball on August the 16th in Prattville, AL. Everyone is invited, regardless of religious beliefs. The only pre-requisite is that every player or team must represent a church.

This Tournament is being held for the unveiling of the first in a series of Christian paintballs, John 3:16. The paintball’s shell is red to symbolize the “Blood of Jesus Christ” with a brilliant green fill to symbolize the “Eternal Life” that he paid for. John 3:16 is printed on the face of the ball.

The tournament will be a five-man event with two age group categories, 10 through 15 and 16 and above. There will be cash purse prizes awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams of each category. The individual team members will receive a small portion of the cash purse with the remainder being donated in the players name’s to the church of their representation. Each organization may have as many team or player representations as they wish.

The pre-entry fee will be $25 per person, with a “day-of” entry fee (dependent on available slots) of $ 30 per player. Entry fee includes free air fills. This event is FPO. Paint cost is $45 per case of 2000. Paintballs may be shared amongst team members.

The tentative hours of the tournament are; from 8am to 7pm with a 1-hour intermission from 12:30 to 1:30. During this recess, we will have Christian guest speakers.

We encourage each player and guest to wear clothing representing their church or organization. This is not just a paintball tournament, it is a "Celebration of Our Lord"! If you or anyone that you know would be interested in either participating, becoming a guest speaker or simply making a donation, please have them give me contact me by e-mail at jbrooks@thezone-paintball.com

We are asking that anyone who wishes to participate to RSVP as soon as possible so that we can have the proper amount of supplies available.

Slots are filling up fast. If you are interested in attending, please contact me ASAP.

We have a few teams that are in need of extra players. If you would like to fill one of these slots, let us know.

Thank you for your time and God Bless! Hope to see you there!!
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2008, 10:05 AM #2
NightKreeper

NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NightKreeper plays in the PSP
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
Planet Eclipse
G.I. Sportz
V-Force
Exalt
NightKreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:46 PM #3
xblackstarx (Banned)
poke my penguin and die..

that has good intentions. however with the was you said everything it will push people away not gather players. also you are being way too forward. you'll never interest people that way due to the post-modern teachings of today.
xblackstarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:49 PM #4
elbrookso

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblackstarx View Post
that has good intentions. however with the was you said everything it will push people away not gather players. also you are being way too forward. you'll never interest people that way due to the post-modern teachings of today.
Say what?? I have been doing this for 19 years. I know what I am doing. If people want to play, they will play. If not, they won't. I am a Christian, and will represent myself as such in everything that I do. The rest, you can take it up with God.

Just so you know, we already have about 40 teams signed up. Thank you for your input.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:25 PM #5
dynopb

Well I don't have a problem with it. I like the idea of ballin for Christ. But, I need alot more info about the tournament besides the theme.

-It's a 5 man so is it PSP rules? 13.3 or 15 bps cap? Will their be a set of rules made available to us.

-You have it divided by age. My team has players from age 13 to 41. Are we able to use our younger players in the older age group? I don't want to break up our team.

-I didn't see any mention of division. Is this an open tournament? D3 and D2 players are welcome to compete.

-What kind of field will it be? Hyperball, Airball, XBall? Will a field layout be posted in advance? Will the field be setup in advance for practice?

-Paint, what brand will it be? just nice to know. good price though.

-You told us prizes were money, can you tell us more. Is it a multiple based on how much is collected by entry fee? Or a flat payout to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th......5th............6th??

-How are teams eliminated? round robin, double elimination... We would like to know how many games we could play at a minimum. 7.5 hour drive for us. Not as far as CFOA, but still nice to know.

-Any music planned?

I can't wait to hear more about this and hope you have many more.
Rule #76- No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!

Last edited by dynopb : 07-28-2008 at 10:02 AM.
dynopb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:16 PM #6
elbrookso

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynopb View Post
Well I don't have a problem with it. I like the idea of ballin for Christ. But, I need alot more info about the tournament besides the theme.

-It's a 5 man so is it PSP rules? 13.3 or 15 bps cap? Will their be a set of rules made available to us.

-You have it divided by age. My team has players from age 13 to 41. Are we able to use our younger players in the older age group? I don't want to break up our team.

-I didn't see any mention of division. Is this an open tournament? D3 and D2 players are welcome to compete.

-What kind of field will it be? Hyperball, Airball, XBall? Will a field layout be posted in advance? Will the field be setup in advance for practice?

-Paint, what brand will it be? just nice to know. good price though.

-You told us prizes were money, can you tell us more. Is it a multiple based on how much is collected by entry fee? Or a flat payout to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th......5th............6th??

-How are teams eliminated? round robin, double elimination... We would like to know how many games we could play at a minimum. 7.5 hour drive for us. Not as far as CFOA, but still nice to know.

-Any music planned?

I can't wait to hear more about this and hope you have many more.

This speedball tournament is semi-auto only. No ramping. Limited to 15bps. The tournament is open to everyone. Although, as this is a Christian paintball tournament with a lot of church teams, we are asking to help keep it to D3 and below. We would like for any D2-D1 teams to help out a rookie / novice team. We just want to keep it fun for everyone.

It is a Double elimination event. There are 40 slots, all of which will be filled. You will be able to play as many as 8 games, or as little as 2.

Our paintball is manufactured for us by DXS. It is basically DXS Bronze in our personal shell and fill. If you have players that are below the age limits, they can still play on your team. We really have the age limits set up so that younger teams can play without getting ripped up.

Prizes will be awarded by the number of registration fees collected. You will like the amount.

We will have music and other things going on during times of play. It will be a good time for everyone and a great day for the Lord!!!

We are currently working out some detail with some of the local hotels for some discounts. I should have all of the info in the next day or so.

I hope that I have answered most of your questions. If not, let me know.

God Bless!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:24 AM #7
xblackstarx (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblackstarx View Post
that has good intentions. however with the way you said everything it will push people away not gather players. also you are being way too forward. you'll never interest people that way due to the post-modern teachings of today.
there fixed. what i meant was this. with the way you spoke of it in the first few paragraphs it made me think "oh great another dude that makes christians look weird". admittedly we are weird people but with the way you wrote it, it kind of seemed like 16th century stuff.

however it is really cool that you are making paint that is specifically saying "hi i'm christian... and i just shot you". its great that you are reaching out to the unchurched through paintball (which is what mine is doing). it really shows people that we aren't the "pillar of salt, condemning types" that people have the misjudgment of seeing due to t.v. today.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:17 PM #8
elbrookso

For those of you that have already registered or plan to register,

I have worked out some *discounts with 2 hotels. The addresses say Millbrook, but they are still part of Prattville. The Hotels are side-by-side with a Chevron service station in between. They are located immidietly off of the interstate. I feel that these would be the best choice for you guys for both price and location. There is also a Super 8 up the road a bit. I will list their # as well.

When making reservations at the first two, reference the “Paintball Tournament”. Also, make your reservations as soon as possible. This is a major route to the beaches and these places fill up fast!

There is a Bass Pro Shop, Target, Wal-Mart, Malls, theatre and numerous fast food and restaurants located at the exit of the first 2 hotels. Gas stations, Waffle House, Wendy’s and Cracker Barrel at the Super 8. These Exits are about 2-3 miles apart.

*Country Inn & Suites (inside rooms)
2329 Cobbs Ford Rd.
Millbrook, AL 36054
(334) 495-3000
$72 + Tax for King or Double room.
Great Hot Breakfast! (Biscuit, Sausage, Eggs....)

*Key West Inn (Outside Access Room)
2275 Cobbs Ford Rd.
Millbrook, AL 36054
(334) 290-1696
$64.95 + Tax = Double Room
$54.95 + Tax = King Room
Waffle, Cereal, Fruit and Pastries for breakfast

Super 8 Motel
639 Malwest Dr.
Prattville, AL 36066
(334) 365-7250
Not sure about breakfast
Old 07-29-2008, 06:40 PM #9
rustybucket2006

rustybucket2006 plays in the PSP
rustybucket2006 supports Team VICIOUS
rustybucket2006 supports Team VICIOUS
rustybucket2006 plays in the APPA D4 division
what is the date of the turny
rustybucket2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:44 PM #10
elbrookso

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybucket2006 View Post
what is the date of the turny
August 16th, from 8 AM - 7 PM in Prattville, AL.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:09 PM #11
BadLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbrookso View Post
...we already have about 40 teams signed up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbrookso View Post
There are 40 slots, all of which will be filled.
how does a team sign up if all the slots are already full?
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." - Albert Einstein
BadLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:24 PM #12
Captain_Howdy
GET OUTTA MA HEAD CHARLES

Captain_Howdy plays in the PSP
Captain_Howdy supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLag View Post
ummm...owned?
Captain_Howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:03 PM #13
elbrookso

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLag View Post
Sorry, that was a mistake. It was supposed to say "60 Slots". My Bad.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:42 PM #14
BadLag

how many fields is this tournament being played on?
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." - Albert Einstein
Old 07-29-2008, 11:55 PM #15
seantwopointone

seantwopointone plays in the PSP
seantwopointone is an NCPA player
seantwopointone plays in the APPA D4 division
delete
Pi Kappa Phi-Theta Phi #23

Fierce Turds

Last edited by seantwopointone : 07-30-2008 at 07:36 PM.
seantwopointone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:52 AM #16
xblackstarx (Banned)

if people like that want to be included they can make a "post-modern" tournament.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:29 AM #17
dynopb

Quote:
Originally Posted by seantwopointone View Post
Slightly hypocritical don't you think?

What about the folks who don't have a Christian belief. Can they still compete and perhaps donate the money to a local charity?
Maybe this shouldn't have been listed here in a public forum. Should have sent flyers to all the churches and each church could enter a team.

Usually when my church has an event we WANT non believers to come and hear the word of God. That's usually why we have a speaker in the middle of the event. Don't get me wrong, I does sound like a great time of christian fellowship.

just manna for thought...
Rule #76- No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!

Last edited by dynopb : 07-30-2008 at 11:34 AM.
dynopb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:31 AM #18
elbrookso

Quote:
Originally Posted by seantwopointone View Post
Slightly hypocritical don't you think?

What about the folks who don't have a Christian belief. Can they still compete and perhaps donate the money to a local charity?
I do not see it as being hupocritical at all. The rules are what the rules are. If you do not wish to comply with them, then do not register. I am not telling you that you have to believe in Jesus Christ to play in this tournament. You need to build a relationship with him for your own benifit. I will be more than happy to discuss and help you with that at another time. All I am asking from you is that ,when you fill out you registration form, you list a church for prize money to be donated to on your behalf. It's that simple.

Ihave not had any problems with any other teams. Perhaps, if you really feel that you cannot participate in this tournament because of that, you really do need to be part of it.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:52 AM #19
kwd12
I'm going fishing

I'm all for what your doing,and have boys that play paintball, D3 team only prob it that I do home church.. can we enter and if we win give the sum allotted to a church of some one elses choice
kwd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:38 PM #20
Captain_Howdy
GET OUTTA MA HEAD CHARLES

Captain_Howdy plays in the PSP
Captain_Howdy supports Pev's Paintball
Can I represent a Church of Scientology or a Church of Satanic belief? Would make for a nice heated game in the finals, dontcha think?
Captain_Howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:50 PM #21
BadLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Howdy View Post
Can I represent a Church of Scientology or a Church of Satanic belief? Would make for a nice heated game in the finals, dontcha think?
I'm also a scientologist... will i be allowed to play? or do you discriminate against us?
ReplyRegional Ups