Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-25-2008, 10:10 PM #22
QuencyJones16
Cause I don't have a gong

QuencyJones16 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafpilot90 View Post
You just contradicted yourself... You said that the 16 inch barrels slowed the ball down too much but all guns chrono'd at the same FPS will go the same distance
Well it all depends on if the control bores are the same length.

I use Canon, oh yes.
QuencyJones16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2008, 10:13 PM #23
usafpilot90 (Banned)

Well there has to be a constant in order to make the testing data valid. It wouldn't be fair to have a DYE Ultralite paired up with a Lucky Un1tech of the same bore size because the entire Un1tech is the same bore, not just the back. I thought that was a given...
usafpilot90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:20 PM #24
QuencyJones16
Cause I don't have a gong

QuencyJones16 helped look for balloons
Oh it is, I am just saying it depends on the variables that are given, in normal conditions that it. Also would you not consider the whole barrel of a Unqtec barrel to be the control bore? So even then they are not the same length of control bore.

But you know lets not get into a scruff about it.

I use Canon, oh yes.
QuencyJones16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:27 PM #25
usafpilot90 (Banned)

Okay, you must have never used a Un1tech. I just had to buy one for my LION. Un1techs are a one piece barrel pretty much. The back just adapts it onto the gun, the entire barrel is the same bore. Unlike every other barrel on the market pretty much, like the UL that is .692 and a much larger front. So that is why a control bore must be the same for both markers being tested.

But 16" is helpful in a lot of cases.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:40 PM #26
diablobuddy (Banned)
Ich Sprechen Sie Deutsch

14 in is best barrel length anything higher you lose velocity and range and anything lower accuracy begins to go down,the differences might be slight but they are there
diablobuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:42 PM #27
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalorgasm View Post
besides that even if it did make your gun more accurate it wouldnt be worth it because 16 is a huge disadvantage. You cannot be crouching and have your gun pointing down. Seriosly it hits the ground...do not buy a 16 inch.
Why would you want your barrel pointing straight down? Your gun should always be up.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:42 PM #28
usafpilot90 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablobuddy View Post
14 in is best barrel length anything higher you lose velocity and range and anything lower accuracy begins to go down,the differences might be slight but they are there
You fail harder than Hillary Clinton. ANY and ALL barrels chrono'd to the same FPS will shoot the same distance (well, you have the exceptions like Flatline, etc). GOT IT? You do not lose velocity or range. 21" barrels can, and will, shoot the same distance as an 8" barrel with the same velocity.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:59 PM #29
Gutless

Usafpilot is right, Every barrel will produce the same velocities, that is as long as the gun shoots the same amount of air every shot. Because if you think about it, the gun is going to shoot the same amount of air on an 8 inch barrel as it will on a 21 inch barrel, when people say it shoots farther it is because the paint they're using weighs less than the paint somebody else is using.
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next 3 minutes, this is your heaven on earth...live it...love it...Paintball 4 life.." Matty Marshal
(quote found by magman687)
Gutless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:16 PM #30
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

are you sure the un1tech barrels dont just have a small step in the bore midway? like every other single piece barrel?
Rebel_816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:23 PM #31
usafpilot90 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
are you sure the un1tech barrels dont just have a small step in the bore midway? like every other single piece barrel?
I promise they do not. I'll take a picture of mine, the back covers up the bore so it can connect to the gun but the bore is .693 all the way through.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:43 PM #32
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

i dont think a picture is going to show us a .002 difference...but most single piece barrels step out to around a .693 anyway, so if yours is actualy a .693, then its not going to step out...while say, a .687 un1tech, might......thats how most single piece barrels are, but im not familiar with the lucky series.
Rebel_816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:43 PM #33
englypb4

englypb4 plays in the PSP
englypb4 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
englypb4 supports Team VICIOUS
englypb4 plays in the APPA D4 division
14 in is best imo

GrabCad
englypb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:54 PM #34
Igotaevo
Surgeon with a Chainsaw

Annual Supporting Member
Igotaevo plays in the PSP
Igotaevo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Igotaevo supports Empire
Quote:
Josh, listen to the man and quit talking if you don't know what you're speaking is truth.
hey dude, its his opinion. not the truth. go cool your *** off, you just jumped on me, and made a contradicting statement.

His opinion =/= the truth...

Igotaevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:55 PM #35
usafpilot90 (Banned)

But it is the truth. You can't wrap bunkers with smaller barrels, it's hard enough to wrap them with 14s.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:57 PM #36
Igotaevo
Surgeon with a Chainsaw

Annual Supporting Member
Igotaevo supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
Hahaha! I take it Igotaevo is Josh?

Like I said, that's just my opinion, but it's always worked for me. I know that there are pros and cons to it - snake players could benefit from a longer barrel because of the ability to use more cover, but it would get in the way when crawling or too much would be showing when they try to shoot someone. Mid players could definitely use it the way I suggested (I play mid, sometimes front depending on the situation) but sometimes that exposes your back. Backs, well, backs are just a different breed, haha!
yes, i'm josh, and yes, it's your opinion. I wasn't speaking on a factual basis. It all depends on the style. I like using a shorter barrel. you like using a longer barrel. whatever, its not the end of the world.

It just occured to me that we are arguing over 2 inches...and that this belongs in the barrel forum...
Old 07-25-2008, 11:58 PM #37
Igotaevo
Surgeon with a Chainsaw

Annual Supporting Member
Igotaevo supports Empire
Quote:
But it is the truth. You can't wrap bunkers with smaller barrels, it's hard enough to wrap them with 14s.
Maybe for you dude, but it's easier for me with a smaller barrel. whatever dude, we aren't in eachothers shoes, so we really can't speak for eachother ok?
Old 07-26-2008, 12:40 AM #38
Woodsballerpcb

I personally like a longer barrel(so does my girlfriend), but that is only because im a big guy, im about 6'3 and 160, so a 16in barrel feels more natural than a 12in for me.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:52 AM #39
maldon007
I make grips

Ok, some people (not every one, I know) is getting the science a little confused... so here is how that goes, just so we are on the same page.

1. All (non backspin inducing barrels) will shoot the same distance (+/- a very small amount) when shot at the same velocity.

2. A longer barrel, especially a longer sigle bore barrel, will take MORE air to achieve said velocity. Meaning, yes longer barrels slow the ball a bit more than shorter ones, but you just turn the gun up a bit.

3. Longer barrels are NOT inherantly less accurate, barrel length (passed like 6" or something) has little effect on GUN accuracy.

4. No, every barrel does NOT shoot the ball the same distance, given the same amount of air, longer barrels begin to drag on the ball after it reaches terminal, and has no more air to propel it.

5. Most single bore barrels DONT have a step down, only a few do... cp, perfect bore, J&J, Smart Parts, proto all are single bore, if one piece. The ones that are drop bored in a one piece are like evil driver, PMI razor, some older ones like one-piece sp all americans & dye boomsticks (though they were two pieces glued together). There probably are a few more single piece step downs (a brass eagle or two maybe?) out there, but the standard is single bore.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:46 AM #40
Havoc-paintballer
Long Barrelled Pistolier

Havoc-paintballer is for the Gunfight
Havoc-paintballer posts videos on PbNation
Havoc-paintballer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Havoc-paintballer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Havoc-paintballer is attending Decay of Nations VI
Most ppl say they have the same accuracy. i think a longer barrel will have (unnoticably) better accuracy. But as for aiming, a longer barrel is much better. You don't aim by looking down the gun like real guns. Most ppl aim by using the tip of their barrel. A longer barrel is thus able to let you guess the position for the barrel much better/faster. Thus the accuracy difference you are noticing is becasue a longer barrel allows for faster aiming.

Havoc-paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:50 AM #41
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

my timmy shot lasers with a 12" barrel.

any gun that's set up well and is using good paint with a good quality barrel is going to shoot ropes. it's not rocket science.

EDIT: wow, i just read what i typed before and it was ****ing retarded. i'm wicked tired, haha.

Last edited by Milky Spore : 07-26-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Milky Spore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:04 AM #42
vikingshadow
SCHWING!

vikingshadow is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
vikingshadow supports Team VICIOUS
vikingshadow supports Team VICIOUS
vikingshadow supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotaevo View Post
yes, i'm josh, and yes, it's your opinion. I wasn't speaking on a factual basis. It all depends on the style. I like using a shorter barrel. you like using a longer barrel. whatever, its not the end of the world.

It just occured to me that we are arguing over 2 inches...and that this belongs in the barrel forum...
Wow. Ok, it IS my opinion based on actual usage and that's your opinion - not sure what you base your opinion on as you didn't state it.

I didn't attack you. I didn't say it was the argument to end the world. Chill out just a bit.

In a game played by centimeters, two inches does make a difference in the longer (pardon the pun) scheme of things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotaevo View Post
His opinion =/= the truth...

Your opinion =/= the truth...

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I'm selling all my paintball stuff! Look here! My Baby! Phantom Pump
vikingshadow is offline   Reply With Quote