Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-24-2008, 03:26 PM #1
IKILLFORNR
The Metalworker

IKILLFORNR owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
History

Would anyone care to share a little story about how PBNation got started, how and when? I'm curious.
IKILLFORNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2008, 03:35 PM #2
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Here's an article that ran last year in PGI.

http://www.p8ntballer.com/interviewc...20080331.shtml

It's the largest sports forum in the world. But what about the people behind the behemoth that is PbNation? We thought PGi should investigate...

Everyone in paintball knows about PbNation, but few know how it came about and who's involved. Like a mystical giant it's grown and grown until it's now the fifteenth largest message board in the world. Started in 2001 by Tony Reiker and his friends as a way for them all to meet up and talk about paintball, it became more and more popular. Then, when things started to get serious, Tony brought in other people from the site to out until now it's headed up by Ed, Tony's dad running the business side of things while Tony and Kyle deal with the back room coding. With six full time staff and over 100 mods all dedicated to PbNation, it's no small concern. So we talked to Tony and Kyle to find out more...

Day to day, what do you guys do for PBN, do you get to spend your day reading thousands of threads?
Tony: Yes, lots of reading!

Kyle: Actually, I donít spend as much time as Iíd like in the paintball oriented areas of the site. When I am browsing, itís typically in the Talk to Mods section or Bug Reports, trying to keep people happy, and squashing any bugs they might find. The rest of my day is spent coding new features for the site, or performing maintenance on the servers that keep things running.

Tony: Itís become quite the task trying to keep up with all the happenings on PbNation. As you know, the site is the largest paintball website and is also one of the largest message boards on the internet. Trying to stay on top of all those new posts is a daunting task. Itís impossible for our entire staff combined to read every post so we rely on our users to report when other users are pushing the envelope. Weíve actually made some major changes to the way the software underneath the site works to handle the amount of traffic that we see. My duties these days mostly involve programming, helping with technical issues, answering emails and being a sort of ďgatekeeperĒ. Iíll also help the staff on difficult rulings or unusual situations.

How much do you guys play now?

Click here for the full article: http://www.p8ntballer.com/interviewc...20080331.shtml
John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:44 PM #3
IKILLFORNR
The Metalworker

Thank you! Exactly What I was looking for. I hope more people read that article, its a great article!
IKILLFORNR is offline   Reply With Quote