Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-22-2008, 02:01 AM #1

Ultimate "What is my Mini, V1 or V2" thread

Ok, lets keep this clear: where sick of "what is my mini" threads, so read carefully.

There is NO V2 Mini!
The ][nvert Mini and their parts have been improved over the time and there is no V1/V2 cutoff.
Ok here is the comparison of the different versions.

There are 2 (two) boards in existence.
Open your front grip and take a look at your board.
"Optimus 1.1" is the older board and some are known to fail and eat batterys.
"Optimus 1.2" is the newer one "aka v2" and you are fine.
Some boards are labeled as "Optimas" not "Optimus". I guess this was a labeling error.

There are 2 (two) types of regulators
V1 has one larger pressure release hole on the bottom of the asa.
V2 has a 4 smaller pressure release holes.

Newer Minis come in a cardboard instead of the nice case.

Older Minis came with a 600psi gauge, instead of a 300psi gauge.

Even older Minis don't have "the warning text" engraved on the rear of the gripframe.

There are 2 (two) versions of the trigger activation screw (with the HES-magnet)
The old style trigger activation screw had the HES-magnet glued on it's top. The HES-magnet tends to get loose and lost.
The newer version have a brass endcap, screwed on its top, in which the HES-magnet sticks.

There are 2 (two) different mainbodys
The older mainbodys didn't accept all cocker threaded barrels. For example Stainless Steel Freak Back (Pre 2006) and Planet Eclipse Shaft Solo (1-Piece) didn't fit the old body.
The newer mainbody should accept all cocker threaded barrels.
You can't see the difference of the two body generations, they look perfectly identical. You have to try a barrel, know not to fit the V1 body, to determine which version your mainbody is.

There are 2 (two) styles of detents
V1 detents (left in the picture) tends to stuck inside the cover and strip the threads or allen holes, because the detents where to short and the cover to flat.
V2 detents have a rounder cover and longer detent.

There are 2 1/2 (two and a half) poppet types.
Degas your marker and pull the boltguide out. Screw the backcap out of the boltguide and use an allenkey to push the poppet out of the back of the boltguide.
Inspect you poppet.
The one the the left is the old poppet with the smaller hole. Also notice the diff. in the front seal.

The spring poppet isn't exactly a third gen. poppet. It's a second gen. poppet with a spring and a larger hole (5mm, not 4,5mm) on its backside.

The advantage of the spring poppet is, that it resets itself and saves a picayune amount of air, thus increasing efficiency.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tryed to figure the first release dates of the improved parts out but these information are confidential... This is what KEE reply on my inquiry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEE Tech
Thank you for your inquiry. We appreciate what pbNation and its members are trying to accomplish, and would always like to provide as much information as possible to help Mini users. Unfortunately, this information is sensitive to us, so we cannot make this information public at this time because of its legal nature. We hope you can understand. Have a great day!
Thanks,
Tech
Any further informations are welcome. In particular more photos of the old and new parts.

Last edited by 496 : 07-25-2008 at 01:44 AM.
496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2008, 06:32 AM #2
zachisevil2 (Banned)

You act like anybody that would ask this question would look in the stickies.
Plus, the spring poppet isn't just like the V2 poppet because the hole in the back is milled out more to accommodate the spring.
zachisevil2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:49 AM #3

i have a v2 and a spring poppet at home, i'll take their sizes when i'm back home and check that. thanks for the info, zachisevil2.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:55 AM #4
hoboo128

hoboo128 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
If you're going to put about the two different bleed holes you might as well put about the two detent covers. One is flatter than the other.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:03 AM #5

any picture?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:08 AM #6
flippedout

I have a further theory. That there are two versions of poppets but that there are in effect three or more batches of these poppets.

Meaning that there is one batch of V1 poppets made with the small hole...
and that there are two batches (or more) of V2 poppets made with the beveled tips and bigger holes.

One of the V2 batches was defective. I know because my Mini came with one. Even with a clean tip and a clear hole, it kept leaking leaking leaking and I attribute that to a manufacturing defect (invisible to the naked eye) which perhaps canted the stem ever so slightly one way just enough for it sometimes seal but never stay in place when stored.

The other V2 batch works. A last batch of V2 poppets now come with the milled hole in the back to accomodate the spring.
flippedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:22 AM #7
zachisevil2 (Banned)

Yeah, the detents are important because the v2 detents were actually an upgrade. The first ones stripped the threads or allen holes.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:12 AM #8
HarryTBags

HarryTBags works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachisevil2 View Post
Yeah, the detents are important because the v2 detents were actually an upgrade. The first ones stripped the threads or allen holes.
no, the v1 detents just tended to get stuck inside the covers because they were so short. plus the v2 detents won't fit under the v1 covers, so they must be replaced together.

also there is a v1 and v2 bolt guide, v1 and v2 trigger activation screw, v1 and v2 solenoid, v1 and v2 gauge.
BallersIncPB.com -- #1 Best Anodizing and Laser Engraving

"Originally posted by sdosiris29: awwww, how sweet. you can be my sig buddy in a non-homo kind of way."
HarryTBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:19 AM #9
coolicarboy
Dont take my avatar!

coolicarboy plays in the PSP
coolicarboy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coolicarboy is for the Gunfight
coolicarboy posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryTBags View Post
no, the v1 detents just tended to get stuck inside the covers because they were so short. plus the v2 detents won't fit under the v1 covers, so they must be replaced together.

also there is a v1 and v2 bolt guide, v1 and v2 trigger activation screw, v1 and v2 solenoid, v1 and v2 gauge.
Isn't there also a V1 and V2 body?

Palm Beach Vipers

Check out my vids!
coolicarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:23 AM #10
HarryTBags

HarryTBags works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolicarboy View Post
Isn't there also a V1 and V2 body?
yup, thanks. v1 doesn't accept all cocker barrels, v2 does.
BallersIncPB.com -- #1 Best Anodizing and Laser Engraving

"Originally posted by sdosiris29: awwww, how sweet. you can be my sig buddy in a non-homo kind of way."
HarryTBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM #11

are there any visual differences between v1 and v2 body?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:27 PM #12
Lefty-44
I SPY with my little eye

Lefty-44 donated to help Peyton Trent
Lefty-44 supports our troops
Nice write up 496 thanks for taking the time to do it. Once we get the rest of the differences documented (i have a picture of the V1 and V2 detents) we'll ask a mod to add it to the mega sticky and then it can be used as a reference.

Man some of you guys are a bit harsh at least he took the time to write this up the least we can do is help get it as accurate as possible.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:46 PM #13
MaxOC
how do I 555 deal?

MaxOC plays in the USPL
MaxOC plays in the PSP
MaxOC helped look for balloons
MaxOC plays in the APPA D3 division
harry what are the differences in the noid? i know about everything else but cant remember hearing anything about a new noid.

My Mini Tuning Guide
Buy My JRNY
Need a computer built? Whether it be for home, work, play, or gaming, contact me to get it cheaper, faster, pre-configured and built to last.
MaxOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:11 PM #14
deano 177
jax warriors

Annual Supporting Member
deano 177 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deano 177 supports Team VICIOUS
deano 177 posts videos on PbNation
deano 177 plays in the APPA D3 division
deano 177 is Legendary
deano 177 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 496 View Post
i have a v2 and a spring poppet at home, i'll take their sizes when i'm back home and check that. thanks for the info, zachisevil2.
I believe the non-spring poppet is 4.5mm and the spring poppet it 5mm.

deano 177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:26 PM #15
zachisevil2 (Banned)

Yes, harry please explain the differences for each of the v1 and v2 parts!
lol, please.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:21 AM #16
Lefty-44
I SPY with my little eye

Lefty-44 donated to help Peyton Trent
Lefty-44 supports our troops
The two different style detents:

Old 07-23-2008, 12:32 AM #17
coolicarboy
Dont take my avatar!

coolicarboy plays in the PSP
coolicarboy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coolicarboy is for the Gunfight
coolicarboy posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOC View Post
harry what are the differences in the noid? i know about everything else but cant remember hearing anything about a new noid.
I have had about three solenoids replaced in all the time I have had my Mini. I think my first solenoid looked different from the other two... It is kind of hard to remember.

Palm Beach Vipers

Check out my vids!
coolicarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:33 AM #18
MaxOC
how do I 555 deal?

MaxOC plays in the USPL
MaxOC plays in the PSP
MaxOC helped look for balloons
MaxOC plays in the APPA D3 division
try 5

idr any changes. as far as i remember. except they changed the epoxy around a lil.

My Mini Tuning Guide
Buy My JRNY
Need a computer built? Whether it be for home, work, play, or gaming, contact me to get it cheaper, faster, pre-configured and built to last.
MaxOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:04 AM #19
4x4le

God I was so pissed when I seen this thread title but I was pleasently suppriesd when I opened it.

Lemme think of a few things to add but im sure Im going to leave some things out.

Earlier minis didnt have the warning engraved on the grip

there have been three different style detent caps, one with small allen holes, ones with larger allen holes, and ones like are pictured by lefty which are more bullet shaped.
there have been 2 different types of detents, stubby ones and taller ones just like he pictured as well.
Some bolt guides have/had a bleeder hole in them just in case you stick your finger in the breach (I dont recall it being effective with paint) and I dont know if they still make them with the hole in the bolt guide.
Earlier minis came with 600psi gauges while newer ones come with 300
newer ones come in cardboard, older ones came in a nice case
The first style poppet itself wasnt defective but some of them were milled wrong and they went ahead and came out with a better design and started making sure they mill the little hole out properly.

All of these things (along with the things that were already listed) happened at random intervals and there was no v1/v2 cutoff. I got one of the first minis that came out, I got it within the 3rd week of it being released and they were held up for a long time because pmi/evil discovered the board problem after some were released.
Speaking of the boards being replaced some of them say optimus and some say optimas. Can you tell what V you have by the spelling

Well Im glad that there are 2 people that are sick of hearing all this v **** everyday. I no longer feel alone.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:24 AM #20

thanks for the additional informations. i'll update the first post regulary, so feel free to add further informations and pictures. there are VERY few v1 parts in germany, in fact only newer minis got sold here.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:23 PM #21
zachisevil2 (Banned)

Very good job! I am finally impressed with a thread here!
Is it stickied? idc for the noobs, but for my reference! lol