Community Focus

Old 07-21-2008, 06:50 PM #1
Doobie

Annual Supporting Member
Doobie is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Doobie supports our troops
Thumbs up I got at least 4 "skips" at ION

First off. I am not sponsored by SP. I paid full price for mine.
I played at ION 08 and got at least 4 "skips" the whole weekend. The only ball to break on my mask was one directly in the middle of the lens. (Cyclops!)
When I got the "skips" i would hear a "WANG!" sound and feel the hit on the mask. I took cover each time and asked for a paint check. Each time I got a "your clean" followed by my "No way!" and then I would reach up and feel for paint. Sure enough, I was clean. I initially thought the whole 'Skip" thing was marketing hoopla and wanted the mask for the MultiCam pattern regardless. There is no way i anticipated getting any skips off this hard plastic mask. Four in in one weekend though is a little hard to ignore. I could not tell you if my other masks (E-vents, profiler and Grill) would have had the same success. All I can say is SP's claim of an occasional skip is substantiated in my eyes.

MASTER BLASTERS!
http://zodiacpb.com/
Honorary member of the 518 Brigade
http://fullclipusa.com
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2008, 06:55 PM #2
Marich01

Marich01 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
That is deffinently cool, i took 2 this past weekend with my e-vent direct shots to the front mouth protection and neither broke. Ive also taken 3 in one game off the sides of the same mask.....SP isnt the only mask that can take a hit and allow it to bounce

WGP PUMP F/S
Old 07-21-2008, 07:05 PM #3
Doobie

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marich01 View Post
That is deffinently cool, i took 2 this past weekend with my e-vent direct shots to the front mouth protection and neither broke. Ive also taken 3 in one game off the sides of the same mask.....SP isnt the only mask that can take a hit and allow it to bounce
Agreed.
I have taken bounces off my other masks as well. I just read a lot of people nay saying that a hard mask could get skips. I didn't believe it either. Just wanted to throw in my experience.

MASTER BLASTERS!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
Old 07-21-2008, 07:59 PM #4
schuby

schuby owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
schuby is an NCPA player
schuby plays in the APPA D5 division
What we need to remember is that SP is not saying their mask is the ONLY one that skips, but that it is capable of close to if not just as many skips as soft shelled masks. I personally took one skip of my mask last weekend as well. It was a hit on the forehead piece, I heard it hit me. Felt my mask, didn't see any paint on my hand. Called a ref over to make sure, and I didn't have any. Oddly enough, the ref I called over was also wearing a Save Phace mask. Strange coincidence...
Old 07-21-2008, 08:11 PM #5
Ibunkeredju
paintball=drama

Ibunkeredju is reppin' sidebar 4 life
im not flaming the company at all but if you noticed at ION alot of paint bounced even on my friends rental mask
Not to go to far OT but how is it playing for Army Paintball i hope to attend West Point when i graduate
Old 07-21-2008, 09:14 PM #6
PBMusket

Paint at ION didn't break at all. I got shot at least thirty times and the only ones that broke were the ones on my gun, lens, and pods. Other than that not a single ball broke on me all weekend. At one point i say two people shoot each other at least five times apiece from at most 4 feet away with not a single break. Not trying to discredit your statements but that paint just wouldn't break.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:11 AM #7
Reaper1101

I also had many bounces off my Mask at ION, I love these masks!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:09 AM #8
Doobie

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibunkeredju View Post
im not flaming the company at all but if you noticed at ION alot of paint bounced even on my friends rental mask
Not to go to far OT but how is it playing for Army Paintball i hope to attend West Point when i graduate
True, the paint did bounce a lot. I had a few breaks on my body though. I have played a LOT of paintball and even with the paint as hard as it was, I expected it to break on this mask. If you have never felt one, they are very rigid. More so then some rentals. It was very surprising.

Ibunkeredju, I am the coach and Non-commissioned Officer in Charge of the Paintball club at West Point and the Cadets are a great group to work with. They play as much as their schedule will allow and the tournament team will be playing NCPA class A ball in the North East Conference this year! Good luck with you application to West Point.

MASTER BLASTERS!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:43 PM #9
russianlegion3

i <3 lense bounces.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:47 PM #10
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
It was the paint, not the mask. Stuff didn't break worth a crap.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:20 AM #11
burchinator
At yer mom's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibunkeredju View Post
i hope to attend West Point when i graduate
I'm a 2006 WP grad. (OG) If you want someone to ask about WP I'm willing to discuss. PM me.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:51 PM #12
SD-G-force
what's paintball again?

SD-G-force has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sorry OP but can you call them bounces instead of skips... i honestly couldn't understand your post because i was too busy thinking about how you said "skips"
Old 08-12-2008, 02:54 AM #13
Shadow.Dream

what version of the mask are you guys using?

ive got the all white assassin marks allot series

and not once bounce/skip/ding whatever you want to call it yet.

< sad panda
Old 08-12-2008, 08:07 AM #14
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
i got popped in the top of my head, in my lense on my grillz and proflexes, and my hopper.... and they all bounced...

it was the paint.... it was garbage.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:29 AM #15
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow.Dream View Post
what version of the mask are you guys using?

ive got the all white assassin marks allot series

and not once bounce/skip/ding whatever you want to call it yet.

< sad panda
That's because the mask is hard The only reason why that mask would get a bounce is because the paint that hit it had a thick shell.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:34 AM #16
schuby

schuby is an NCPA player
Really? Cause I've gotten bounces with all kinds of paint. I'm not exactly keeping score, but I know I get some insane bounces with this, just as I did with other masks.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:59 PM #17
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

Decent paint will break on this mask. If it was hot outside it may have caused the paint to swell and become kind of rubbery, causing you to get bounces, but like any other hard mask, decent paint will break on it.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:34 PM #18
schuby

schuby is an NCPA player
Or any other soft mask...I was not here, that's not what I'm talking about. Decent paint will break on this, and soft mask, and bounce on this, and soft masks. And I've been using plenty of decent paint lately and still getting bounces with a Save Phace mask. As I said, I don't keep score, so it might be less than my other masks, it might be more, I really couldn't say. I just know that I do get bounces, with all types of paint, all fills and all shell styles.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:36 PM #19
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

Right, and I shoot tournament paint at bricks and get bounces
Old 08-12-2008, 10:24 PM #20
schuby

schuby is an NCPA player
Man, some of you guys just don't know when to quit. Accept the fact that MOST of the people on here who own SP masks have said they get bounces. As I've stated and restated, MAYBE NOT MORE THAN OTHER MASKS, but they still get bounces. I mean come on man, be reasonable, and have a little common sense. Any mask will get bounces. You're making it sound like you think every single "tourney grade" paintball, no matter what angle, will break, every time, on a Save Phace mask. And that, I'm sorry to say, is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe that's not what you meant, but then maybe you should rethink what you type.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:25 AM #21
QuiverKiller
SHC

Why does it seem like everything in the SP forum turns into a flame fest, i thought we had gotten past the point of flaming this company, honest to god i hated the company at first too, but then i matured past the point of a 3 year old and stopped *****ing about the design of the mask. And don't say your not flaming it just my opinion, if you have said more than one thing in this thread thats bad about SP than its not your opinion, you shouldn't have to state that more then once, after that, your hating/flaming, so gtfo
Aftershock Fan #26
Shark Heart Crew