Stereo Enthusist

lilmaniac2 helped look for balloons
the 1 minute final point game was awesome
lilmaniac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:06 PM #25
maddog91
I hate this name

maddog91 donated to help Peyton Trent
show sucked..glad I only saw the last 6 min of it.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:10 PM #26
overshot01
Social Paintball

overshot01 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog91 View Post
totally disagree lol, best presentation of paintball to date.

Chris:
I was talking to a non paintball friend who came over to watch it and they said that the hardest thing was that they didnt know when or where the people were getting shot. Suggestion was to show a field walk before hand so that you can see the most obvious angles. Also said that they did NOT like the behind the team view, really enjoyed the side view though. Other than that, they said it was a ton of fun to watch.
overshot01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:11 PM #27
lilmaniac2
Stereo Enthusist

lilmaniac2 helped look for balloons
Quote:
thats a great way of criticizing.

I do agree that some parts of it weren't that great, like the girl commentator who was obviously reading cue cards before commercials, or the mic'd crowd noise that was a little louder than I would have liked.

Something that I really liked in paintball productions was the breakout view, like what Unknown Soldiers did before a game showing the field layout, where each person was going and what there goal was for the game. I really liked that and that was one of the few reasons why I enjoyed UKS vids so much.

All in all I liked it
lilmaniac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:14 PM #28
Team.Infected
Beast Coast

Team.Infected supports Team VICIOUS
Team.Infected posts videos on PbNation
Team.Infected plays in the APPA D4 division
Team.Infected supports Empire
hey man paintball on tv should never be criticized especially if you consider yourself a player. Would you rather have "sucky" pb event on tv or none at all, yeah id take the sucky event.

It wasnt bad at all. the last few minuets were awsome, i would like to see more up close angles, just like one would want to see in real life or if you personally taped it. more field noise and talking would be better, afterall were watching the show to see the intensity in the game, not everyone running from place to place
Team.Infected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:15 PM #29
Team.Infected
Beast Coast

and if you only saw 6 minuets of it how can you say the show sucked... think before you speak, type in this case
Old 07-21-2008, 04:08 PM #30
STLballa126

i thought it was great on tv! and IL state won! go midwest paintball
PROFLEX FOR SALE CHEAP PM IF YOU WANT ANYTHING
STLballa126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:14 PM #31
Stupid hurts.
Hoogie boogie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overshot01 View Post
patric roach or whoever is a ****ing beast. jesus christ!
QFT.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:14 PM #32
maddog91
I hate this name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team.Infected View Post
and if you only saw 6 minuets of it how can you say the show sucked... think before you speak, type in this case
Because the average american will sit down and if in the first 10 min a show sucks they will change the channell.I saw the last 3 points including the final one and thought it sucked..Nothing new nothing special...Nppl boradcast was better in my opinion..But no matter what, untill you get true paintballers behind the cameras then broadcast will suck..All you see is people running like idiots with gun..then you see them walking off...There is no showing of how they got shot..who shot who..where they got shot..Nothing

Just people running around yelling...Untill they get cameras following players actually showing streams of pain, people getting lit up and capturing dives how they should be captured Tv paintball is going to keep sucking..

its the truth..Im a ex baller.I played national paintball on national teams and Ill be the first to say these shows are doing nothing..they dont show how intense it actually is being in the snake....they jsut show a man in the fetal position with the ocassional bunker...

and btw...to the 10min before they change the channell...I was being generous..when I was in highschool and people who come up to me about the show..All they said was "yea it was boring"...Only "ballerS" tend to like these shows because were the only ones that can understand the game..And even then..I sat there going..Who the **** shot this guy out..And who the hell did that and this...coverage was horrible like alot of the shows..its the truth..

Last edited by maddog91 : 07-21-2008 at 04:16 PM.
maddog91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:21 PM #33
chrom3penguin (Banned)

chrom3penguin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
chrom3penguin supports Team VICIOUS
chrom3penguin supports Pev's Paintball
how about the outer banks in north carolina? im on vacation and we have cable but i cant find it
chrom3penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:56 PM #34
Team.Infected
Beast Coast

yeah well thats basically what i was saying, they need cameramen on the tapes, i want to be able to hear the communication, guns blazing and streams of paint. when you watch mixes for huntington beach, chitown, wherever they are good and intense, even the full uncut footage
Old 07-21-2008, 05:14 PM #35
FHS JewFro
black AND white

I thought it was ok. I mean its the College Championships they should have gone somewhere with turf to slide on
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:14 PM #36
physcowhiteboy
I Love It

the show was pretty good, I also think that nppl coverage is better as stated above, but that's just my oppinion
physcowhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:20 PM #37
maddog91
I hate this name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team.Infected View Post
yeah well thats basically what i was saying, they need cameramen on the tapes, i want to be able to hear the communication, guns blazing and streams of paint. when you watch mixes for huntington beach, chitown, wherever they are good and intense, even the full uncut footage
I hate to say it. but derder captures amazing bunker and people getting lit up footage...I personally hate derder and would burn them down..But if a small paintball company can do it..Why cant a multi million dollar production team do it...Give the people what they want, not what you think....Take 1/8th of the technology used in football and apply it to a PB match and you will have wonders..

I understand its to fast of a game sometimes and there are way to many variables..But seriously in person you can control what you watch..On TV you control what we watch so you can get away with alot more...Get sky cams and position them behind the baler..Get ref's who are willing to take a hit get in good spots..On the floor..BEHIND players...There are alot of things...Also I would still like to see a live match...All we see is recorded..And I know why but paintball,face the facts, will never get on TV and be what we want it to be the way its going..

Its not TV friendly..We need people who can capture our stories and boradcast them, LIVE, for atleast 60 and do it good...The only show that has ever left me as confused as a paintball match is "deadliest catch"..For ****ing sakes every episode is a new season. but then they go back another season, next they take you to last year seasons..Jesus Christ its so ****ing confusing I just sit there and wait to see death..I know im ****ed up but we are all waiting for the same thing.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:39 PM #38
Chewinmatches

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS JewFro View Post
I thought it was ok. I mean its the College Championships they should have gone somewhere with turf to slide on
you mean slip on? The grass was awesome at the event, and i'd take grass over turf any day.
Chewinmatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:23 PM #39
dymium
Joe R.

Annual Supporting Member
dymium is a Supporting Member
dymium plays in the PSP
dymium is an NCPA player
dymium plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
I understand its to fast of a game sometimes and there are way to many variables..But seriously in person you can control what you watch..On TV you control what we watch so you can get away with alot more...Get sky cams and position them behind the baler..Get ref's who are willing to take a hit get in good spots..On the floor..BEHIND players...There are alot of things...Also I would still like to see a live match...All we see is recorded..And I know why but paintball,face the facts, will never get on TV and be what we want it to be the way its going..

Its not TV friendly..We need people who can capture our stories and boradcast them, LIVE, for atleast 60 and do it good...
What you are talking about here has not as much to do with FCS's presentation of paintball but an issue with the format itself. It's been beaten to death already, but every other pro sport has a single focal point in the match. The football, the basketball, etc. Paintball's formats right now don't allow for that single focal point. You could put 3 cameras on each player and ref and STILL not be able to show all the action on the field. So don't start bashing this broadcast solely based on that.

Having gotten that out of the way, I thought that FCS did a good job editing and presenting the match in a tasteful way. I do wish their broadcast wasn't all messed up though; I also noticed a lot of noise/shaking that made my eyes hurt a bit. I'm thinking about bucking up for the College sports package so I can catch the encore showings.
dymium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:32 PM #40
bobide
That's No Zaku Boy

bobide supports Cereal Killerz 2
bobide is an NCPA player
bobide plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by overshot01 View Post
totally disagree lol, best presentation of paintball to date.

Chris:
I was talking to a non paintball friend who came over to watch it and they said that the hardest thing was that they didnt know when or where the people were getting shot. Suggestion was to show a field walk before hand so that you can see the most obvious angles. Also said that they did NOT like the behind the team view, really enjoyed the side view though. Other than that, they said it was a ton of fun to watch.
Even I had trouble keeping an idea of where people where and how many were on the field. I kept pausing and rewinding I remember when the NPPL was on awhile ago, I think they had a good way to let you know how many guys were on the field. However that required a lot of video editing.

I really would have liked a field walk with matty marshall talking about lanes and angles, I think that would have really made it make a lot of sense to people.
bobide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:53 PM #41
qwarnon
Midwest/Mizzou

qwarnon helped look for balloons
qwarnon is playing at Living Legends III
qwarnon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i didnt get to watch the begining but i agree a field walk with some explanations could help the "non-paintball" crowd. possibly and explantion of some of the aspects of tournament paintball in general (this may have been there in the beginning i didnt get to see it)

i did like the NPPL coverages way of showing live players that was fairly nice. a radar type display in the corner of the screen could possibly work too. like a mini field layout with dots or x's and o's to represent players. but that could get confusing.

Last edited by qwarnon : 07-21-2008 at 10:55 PM.
qwarnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:22 PM #42
IGotAEpiphany
UNACTIVE

LOL UCI did horrible at the end -.- so ghetto but i was going for ISU