protopb08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
protopb08 plays in the APPA D4 division
i live out in toano thought i might know you

i ball for BAD NEWS
protopb08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:28 PM #44
Zbomie
My own level.

oh ok. ive played bad news before. a long *** time ago, at bethel the team allied hitmen. yeah. way back when i was still complete garbage and didnt know what i was doing, i was with them.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:30 PM #45
protopb08
VA 757

protopb08 plays in the PSP
protopb08 helped look for balloons
you still play for AH? ive seen you guys out there a couple of times

i ball for BAD NEWS
Old 07-20-2008, 10:40 PM #46
Zbomie
My own level.

No that team is long gone. I'm trying to get a team of my own started for 5 man. Not sure what division yet, but as far as i know, I've got 5 bodies. Gonna get another, and might even have to drop one :/
Old 07-20-2008, 10:44 PM #47
protopb08
VA 757

protopb08 plays in the PSP
protopb08 helped look for balloons
yea i know thats gonna be tough if your tryin to pull people from the williamsburg area dedicated ballers are hard to come by in our area

i ball for BAD NEWS
Old 07-21-2008, 05:41 PM #48
00jay

00jay plays in the PSP
00jay donated to help Peyton Trent
00jay owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
00jay plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbomie View Post
True. A true xball field would be nice. Did they have the starting boxes up for just the cones again?

Hey, we tried forever to get this field. We had people completely abusing the old bunkers, you can't blame the field for it. Imagine you owning a field, and having random people completely abusing the bunkers when you get them. Honestly, would you put money into bunkers knowing they'd just get abused more? Hopefully we can keep people from ruining these.

The old bunkers where getting neglected, they where left out in the elements (rain, sleet, snow, over inflation, you name it).The starting boxes where cones, its just putting in the time to build some is the problem (cuz we only a couple of people that realy take care of the field - volenteers). Not to mention that this field came in on monday - layed the grid and set'um up on wednesday, then broke it back down till 9:30 PM / 10:00 PM so we could take some pics to show what we proudly have cuz it has been a long time since BETHEL had bunkers. Heres the run down on thing we know bout these imprefection, we are diligently doing as much as we can to have a field worth playing on for the people who do come out there or what ever the case my be. Sorry for any inconvience and if thats any cost to you we do notice all the feedback and tring to solve them in a timely manner

Thank You, Jay - VA STRONG - OUT!

Last edited by 00jay : 07-21-2008 at 05:43 PM.
00jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:46 PM #49
StopBANNINGmePLEASE

While the number and quality of bunkers and fields helps it doens't make the field. The management makes the field. It just seems to me that the field lacks upper management. There needs to be a seperate field for the younger ones. I'd say take all those nasty tires that are being used for mosquito breeding and set them up on the other end of the speedball field. And let them use the air bunkers when all the "pros" are takin' a break. I'd be more than happy to help but I'm leaving Langley in 20 days.
Don't get me wrong it's nice to have a field to play at and right now it's worth the money but it would just step it up a bit to have more organization and refs dedicated to each field for structured timely play. I'm not a big fan of waiting 30-45 min between each game.
StopBANNINGmePLEASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:52 PM #50
paintman11

has been a member for 10 years
Hey us noobs like to play with the "pros" sometimes too =D

Dale - Va.Strong - Out!
paintman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:57 PM #51
StopBANNINGmePLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman11 View Post
Hey us noobs like to play with the "pros" sometimes too =D

Dale - Va.Strong - Out!
Can't get any better if ya don't. I'd love to get my *** lit up on the speedball field but they seem to have their clicks pretty tight. Ya can't really get out there when the 'teams' are there.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:14 PM #52
00jay

00jay plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopBANNINGmePLEASE View Post
While the number and quality of bunkers and fields helps it doens't make the field. The management makes the field. It just seems to me that the field lacks upper management. There needs to be a seperate field for the younger ones. I'd say take all those nasty tires that are being used for mosquito breeding and set them up on the other end of the speedball field. And let them use the air bunkers when all the "pros" are takin' a break. I'd be more than happy to help but I'm leaving Langley in 20 days.
Don't get me wrong it's nice to have a field to play at and right now it's worth the money but it would just step it up a bit to have more organization and refs dedicated to each field for structured timely play. I'm not a big fan of waiting 30-45 min between each game.
look its owned by the military, you got go through congress to get things done -pre approved then get the approval approved - its like pulling a$$ hairs- see how long it took us to get these bunkers. Plus they are short handed thats why they look at there volenteers for help, which i don't mind helping, but when I wanna play - I wanna play - anyways speed ballers don't have to wait for a ref to start a game thats the way its always been. & the real noobs are to intimidated to step on the speed ball field - [I know sometime in your paintball world that you had stepped on a field & got your a$$ handed to you]- to me, play people who are better you get better if you learn what your doing wrong. And also I agree that it lack some manegment skills but they have a big job also with the campsites, RV's, playgrounds, fishing, boat rentals, trash, mowing, on top of paintball & ect.... trying to keep every 1 happy is impossible. I wish they never have got them stupid tires

JAY - VA STRONG - OUT

Last edited by 00jay : 07-21-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:29 PM #53
StopBANNINGmePLEASE

Don't get too defensive there bud. I know all to well about the military being assigned to 1CMS avionics maintenance and the resource (money) manager for our flight. It doesn't take a whole lot of money just a whole lot of time and effort. Like i said if i wasn't leaving and was gonna be here for another year my butt would be out there giving that field a face lift so that the local community could have an awesome field. That field has potential but all someone has to do is open another "field" (none of that indoor garbage) close by and bethel is out of business. The field's budget is pretty much held together by the inexperienced recreational players and not by the 5 man speedballers that play out there. Even though the speedballers help with their field. Anyway i'll leave my 2 cents out the business from now on. I'm probably not gonna get another chance to play there before i leave so you guys have fun out there. But just do me one favor and remember who keeps that field running. The rec/woodsballers. Help them have a good field and you'll have a great field. The more cash flow you get coming in from the non-regulars the more money you'll have for more bunkers and fields and netting and such. (a 4500psi compressor would be awesome) Peace out guys and it's been a pleasure playin' with ya'll.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:35 PM #54
00jay

00jay plays in the PSP
what i'm saying is we have been out there working our tail off for 2 1/2 yrs straight, got the woods ball field fixed up alittle for the woodsballers, the speedball still needs work [getting there]. the money before this new flight chief, was going every where but the field. before the old bunkers went down and now -$20,000 was the projection from the begining of this year. barbra is getting better at this, she should be getting approved for more bunkers i think she said in the 2nd quarter [jan-mar] something like that, hopefully more doritos cuz we ain't got any, and my bad for sounding like an a$$ sometime cuz bethel has been bashed teased and tossed under the bus. we are trying to make it better.

JAY - VA STRONG - OUT
Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 PM #55
StopBANNINGmePLEASE

Hey it wasn't bashing. If i was going to bash it I wouldn't play there. Just giving ideas. I'd say do somthing with them tires down there at the other end where the airsoft field used to be. That'll add more field while you wait for the other air bunkers. Jay? You the dude that was sellin' the mini?
Old 07-21-2008, 10:15 PM #56
1_viper

1_viper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
all in all the field is alot better than it was. now... it will take a effort on all our part to get it the way we would like it to be. the regulars help ref and run the field. they keep the games and play going. even thought those guys are not paid. they do what needs to be do to get the field up and running. they put the field up and (help) wash and take the bunkers down in the evening. if more people play there, you would understand that the field is a working project. help!!!!! if you can't then don't but do not sit back and give the field bad reviews just because of minor s**t. yea the field got great potential. gie it a little time... besides...they got good grass. where else here has that??? and they got the space for another field and plans for it. now keep this in mind

Viper
Old 07-21-2008, 10:25 PM #57
StopBANNINGmePLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_viper View Post
all in all the field is alot better than it was. now... it will take a effort on all our part to get it the way we would like it to be. the regulars help ref and run the field. they keep the games and play going. even thought those guys are not paid. they do what needs to be do to get the field up and running. they put the field up and (help) wash and take the bunkers down in the evening. if more people play there, you would understand that the field is a working project. help!!!!! if you can't then don't but do not sit back and give the field bad reviews just because of minor s**t. yea the field got great potential. gie it a little time... besides...they got good grass. where else here has that??? and they got the space for another field and plans for it. now keep this in mind

Viper
Got a point. I'll shut up i guess. I've done nothing but pay to play there and help anyone and everyone with gun problems that needed tools or assistance. Keep up the good work guys but always keep an ear out for advice.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:33 PM #58
1_viper

1_viper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
that is fine... i am the same way. i pay to play, ref, help anyway i can on and with the field through my advice and through people i know that can help. we are all paintballers. hell i love the sport very much. and i will do what i can to make ANY field better. better field,.... better play and players, better we all get
Old 07-22-2008, 04:22 AM #59
Cazort
Teh Cazca

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopBANNINGmePLEASE View Post
Got a point. I'll shut up i guess. I've done nothing but pay to play there and help anyone and everyone with gun problems that needed tools or assistance. Keep up the good work guys but always keep an ear out for advice.
Thank you for the feedback. We'll try to have the start boxes rdy by next weekend.

Go Dallas Cowboys
Cazort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:33 PM #60
$$MostWanted$$ (Banned)
The Revolution.

How much $ is it to play?
$$MostWanted$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:25 PM #61
00jay

00jay plays in the PSP
$20 - $10 for field - $10 for air - bring your own paint, but trying to get barbra to do some kinda team deal to bring teams out to scrimmage cuz now that we switched the field long ways you got a good run to the corners

Last edited by 00jay : 07-22-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:46 PM #62
weebldabob
The mexican assassin

hopefully ill get out there this weekend im usually out there some of yall might know me i bought jerome's ion im still a noob but im trying to get in some speedball games with bad news and va strong cuz i see yall out there i would have played with yall last saturday but my crappy paint kept blocking my egg and getting paint on the eye, but if i get paid ill deff be out there
weebldabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:46 PM #63
fong249

Is there anyone from the williamsburg area? I'm gonna be at W&M next year... this looks like the closest field. Would love a lift
fong249 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups