beater of angels

beater of angels plays in the APPA beginner division
beater of angels has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
beater of angels has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
beater of angels has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Winnary:

Old 07-14-2008, 08:49 PM #25
Ben.haK (Banned)

So the lube discussion in the promaster forum made me realize how much I <3 not having to take care of my vice. True ease of maintenance FTW.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:54 PM #26
xXIsolatioNXx
Pandas are Pretty Chill.

Back for a bit today - some of the fools I went camping with forgot like half our supplies, so we came back to town for a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobide View Post
Anybody got some bright ideas on how to get the top off a ICD hpr? It's been 2+ years since I got this gun and I've never lubed it. The consistency is finally getting really bad. I don't have a vice grip, the one down here is broken.....yea.
After owning my third ICD gun, I *FINALLY* figured out why it is that the top third of the stock HPR's never want to come out- the gauge is screwed too far in on a lot of stock ICD markers, and is literally pressing against the reg threads in a way that it's incredibly difficult to remove.

Unscrew your HPR gauge and it'll come off easily. Unfortunetely I didn't find that out until I ruined 2 regs. oh well. When taking the gauge off just be careful/go slow and you won't ruin it.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:31 PM #27
Prea

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXIsolatioNXx View Post

After owning my third ICD gun, I *FINALLY* figured out why it is that the top third of the stock HPR's never want to come out- the gauge is screwed too far in on a lot of stock ICD markers, and is literally pressing against the reg threads in a way that it's incredibly difficult to remove.

Unscrew your HPR gauge and it'll come off easily. Unfortunetely I didn't find that out until I ruined 2 regs. oh well. When taking the gauge off just be careful/go slow and you won't ruin it.

Wtf are you talking about. That doesn't make any sense.....at all. The gauge is on the asa, it doesn't come in contact with the reg at all, even when it's screwed onto the gun.

If you're talking about the screw that blocks the gauge port on the reg itself, that also does not come in contact at all with any threading, it's below any threading.

EDIT: actually, i guess the screw that blocks the gauge port could be screwed in too far, and press against the little rod part in the top reg piece.

Last edited by Prea : 07-14-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:40 PM #28
bobide
That's No Zaku Boy

has been a member for 10 years
bobide supports Cereal Killerz 2
bobide is an NCPA player
bobide plays in the APPA D5 division
I can detach the reg from the gun easily. The issue is still the top. My large belt strap wrench slips as well or can't get tight enough.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:42 PM #29
Prea

Try taking out both the screw that blocks the one gauge port, along with the macroline elbow.

Then take a blowdryer and heat it up.

Then try using two strap wrenches. One to grip the top. And one to grip the main body, and twist them in opposite directions.

If all that doesn't work, i'd say there's probably no chance that it's coming off.

But your strap wrench really shouldnt be slipping. If it is then it must not be getting a tight enough grip, and i'd say you should try getting a smaller strap wrench, because yours might not be small enough to get a good grip.

Last edited by Prea : 07-14-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:55 PM #30
xXIsolatioNXx
Pandas are Pretty Chill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prea View Post

Wtf are you talking about. That doesn't make any sense.....at all. The gauge is on the asa, it doesn't come in contact with the reg at all, even when it's screwed onto the gun.

If you're talking about the screw that blocks the gauge port on the reg itself, that also does not come in contact at all with any threading, it's below any threading.

EDIT: actually, i guess the screw that blocks the gauge port could be screwed in too far, and press against the little rod part in the top reg piece.
When the reg is screwed onto the marker, the HPR gauge can lock it in place - or at least it did on my ProMaster, Bushmaster and most recently FS8. I could not get the reg off the marker for the life of me until I unscrewed the HPR gauge a bit and then the HPR came off, easy as pie.

Quote:
I can detach the reg from the gun easily. The issue is still the top. My large belt strap wrench slips as well or can't get tight enough.
My bad, misinterpreted the issue. I can't help you much there since I have the same issue - I just keep trying until I get the sucker off. It helps if you can find something about the size of the opening in the top of the reg, and just stick it in and turn.

Strap wrenches are useless, they've always broken/worked like **** for me.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:09 PM #31
bobide
That's No Zaku Boy

bobide is an NCPA player
I think the issue for me is its just on really tight and a strap wrench doesn't have enough to grab with just the treads or that bottom lip of the top.

I have tried many times through out my ownership of this gun, never got it off. The last time it was lubed was the ICD factory when they sent me this new reg right when I got the gun. I'd like to keep this hpr as it has performed great for me in the past and I think it just needs a little upkeep.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:13 PM #32
Prea

I doubt this would work, but maybe try putting rubber bands on the threads, and then use a strap wrench over that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXIsolatioNXx View Post
Strap wrenches are useless, they've always broken/worked like **** for me.
Rofl, how you manage to break a strap wrench is beyond me. What were you using them for? lmao.

I have 2 strap wrenches that i got from lowes, and they've done nothing but worked great for me.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:14 PM #33
beater of angels

Cloth, vice grips, profit.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:21 PM #34
Prea

Quote:
Originally Posted by beater of angels View Post
Strap wrenches are definitely better, and i've had to use both things quite a lot.

Using vice grips, you risk needing them to be overly tight to get a good enough grip, and then that can cause it to deform/squish in whatever you're gripping.

And if your cloth isn't thick enough, you can go through it and scratch up whatever you're working with. However if it's too thick, it is tough to get a good grip.

Vice grips are only good for really small things, that are hard to get a good grip on with strap wrenches.

Last edited by Prea : 07-14-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:24 PM #35
bobide
That's No Zaku Boy

bobide is an NCPA player
Quote:
Vice grips are broke, yea . I was not pleased when I saw that. Maybe I'll just go home where I have good tools and give it a try then. Prea if I used vice grips I'd just grip the bottom lip of the top 3rd of the reg and not the threads.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:35 PM #36
Prea

My dog a few minutes ago, ha.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:42 PM #37
B2K4-SuperHonkey
Ive lost my pudding again

B2K4-SuperHonkey is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Grow a pair of balls, *****.

Best thing I can think of is a vice, heat, and the correct strap wrench or pliers/vice grips and something to keep it from scratching it.

So, I'm buying an '81 camaro project car for $500. Rebuilt 327, with gold caterpillar bolts, edelbrock hi-rise, holley 650 demon, aftermarket cam (don't know what it is yet), headers, and an engine paint job worthy of the showroom floor. Completely rebuilt 400 trans (auto, but i'll just disconnect the cable and shift it like a manual for badass effect). No rust whatsoever, the guy said he'd give me the car if i could find rust. I didn't get it for free. The entire frame has 3 excellent coats of undercoating on it.

Interior is trashed, entire front clip is off, and the engine and trans are out. that's good, since I have to run new wiring (he has a Painless kit or something of the like). But he has every single nut, bolt, and part for the car and doubles for some. The main thing is that the rust battle is won, the engine and trans are rebuilt, and since the front clip is already off, it's gonna make it ten times easier to get a lot of **** done, like all the factory ball joints. All in all, I'd pay 1k for this project car. I'm going all out, this could be a 2-3 year project. I want it to look this good or better:

Edit: the car I'm getting isn't a pimp-*** z28, but it's my first muscle car, I don't care.
"My goal this year is to prove natural selection on the show. It's gonna take a while, it's gonna be very hard to make it fascinating on film in the context of our narrative structure, but I figure screw it. The sky's the limit. Let's do natural selection. I'm sick of fifty percent of this country thinking creationism is reasonable. It's appalling."
Adam Savage of Mythbusters
I Am Goddam Metal Jesus

Last edited by B2K4-SuperHonkey : 07-14-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 PM #38
beater of angels

Noice.

Jim, your laptop looks like mine.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:41 PM #39
xXIsolatioNXx
Pandas are Pretty Chill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prea View Post
[/IMG]
I'd tap that.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:42 PM #40
Prea

Quote:
Noice.

Jim, your laptop looks like mine.
That's my dad's laptop.

My laptop looks like ****
Old 07-15-2008, 12:07 AM #41
JackedUp03
Anti-Smart Parts

Yay Bruce! My Camaro is a 1980 (same body style). to you.

Picture for reference:

I follow Metal Jesus
Old 07-15-2008, 12:10 AM #42
B2K4-SuperHonkey
Ive lost my pudding again

B2K4-SuperHonkey is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackedUp03 View Post
Yay Bruce! My Camaro is a 1980 (same body style). to you.

Picture for reference:
My camaro is gonna own your camaro, that is my new goal.
"My goal this year is to prove natural selection on the show. It's gonna take a while, it's gonna be very hard to make it fascinating on film in the context of our narrative structure, but I figure screw it. The sky's the limit. Let's do natural selection. I'm sick of fifty percent of this country thinking creationism is reasonable. It's appalling."
Adam Savage of Mythbusters
I Am Goddam Metal Jesus

Closed Thread