PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-13-2008, 08:39 PM #1
Silence
BLUAWAGABA

has been a member for 10 years
ION 08 - Thanks from the Allied General to his players

I figured I'd give this its own thread so as not to have it get bogged down in the usual post game back and forth. Please respect this as a thank you from me to my players, and keep the smack and such to the other zones. Thanks.

--

I just wanted to thank all of you for coming out and playing for me. I was very impressed with the way you guys played out there, and they way you never gave up. The Germans won the game, and deserve all credit possible for the win, but Sunday was our day from whistle to whistle. It was great to see everyone come out there with a vengeance and push things as close as they came.

I've typed up my awards ceremony notes below, and if any of you have any comments about the game (the way I ran it, the way Skirmish ran it, anything at all), please send them to me. It was an honor to play with you all.

XOs:
Wally Adcox, better known as Eldon Tyrell
Paul Dinunno from Yankee Division

Base Defense:
Team Delaware
Applause to these guys for handling the dirtiest job in the game and handling it well. They all screamed themselves hoarse holding the base when the Germans got in close and I can't give them enough praise and thanks for doing this job.

HQ Gopher:
Jon aka "Battery", who tirelessly handed out missions and handled random jobs.

Recon:
Something Wicked and Travis Stitt were my eyes, ears, and occasionally hands out there, keeping me informed and flipping the remote flags.

Company Commanders:
A - Help Nelson: These guys are nuts but they do it with style. They pushed hard on the beach and never gave up.
B - DROP: A big thanks to Roger and his for all the pre-game help getting things organized. They printed out all those small maps and helped in numerous other ways. They worked hard during the game and were great on the radios.
C - Capital Offense: These guys own the night, and they were stomping Germans all day as well. Thanks for coming up again, guys.
D - Desert Edge: DE came all the way from Utah (the state, not the boat) to kick Germans around all game and that's exactly what they did. Big thanks for making the haul up here.
E - TSSOC: Dino and his guys were flipping flags like mad all Sunday morning, which not only kept us in the game but came damn close to winning it.
F - Ambush Alpha: Working with the Professor is always great. He kept his company together and crunching Germans all game.
J - Spetznas: These guys saved our butts on Saturday evening when the Germans came within spitting distance of our base. They swung their group down behind us and took pressure off just as we started getting big reinsertions.
T - Mad Kow: He certainly is a mad kow, and kept pushing throughout the game. The only man I've ever seen in a cow suit at a paintball game.
W - Larry Kramer: Larry and his crew ended up taking a lot of the dirty jobs we had and I can't thank them enough for getting out there and doing them nonetheless.
Y - Red Hawks: Tank killing machines who just would not quit or go down.

MVP: Kent from Team Boxer, who along with his team ran our company commander net from the CP. He and his crew were incredibly professional and absolutely essential to keeping things running. A true MVP.

MVT: Red Hawks, who, aside from destroying tank after tank and refusing to die, managed to take and hold the hardest territory we could give them. There was a while in there where we in the HQ kept assuming they were down and out due to their location on the field and the jobs we were giving them, but they kept on reporting in. A well earned MVT, and a definite up and coming team.

That's it for me guys. It was a pleasure to play with you and I hope to have it again in the future!

- Phil
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2008, 08:44 PM #2
Hopton
Brace Yoself!

phil, it was an honor to play under you and to have you as our general. i was in the 101st under the merry band of brothers and we fought until we had nothing left to get a victory. even though it didnt reflect it on the scoreboard, it was a moral victory for me and many others that went through this. i will be seeing you again next year as i guarentee WE WILL WIN.

CPT. Nick "Ducky" Hopton

P.S. i wanna extend my vote for mvp of our team to Baby Boy from bravo i believe. guy is one hell of a C.O and a great guy at that. met up with him throughout the fight and he was always getting good amounts of points whenever i saw him and his crew. props guys

Im Gunnin For Your You

Last edited by Hopton : 07-13-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:46 PM #3
CertifiedPaintballer

I had a great time fighting for the allies. I had a ton of fun, and I will be back next year. At the end there, the gingerbread men pretty much got us somewhat onto the beach when they charged up there and everyone followed. They should get an award, lol.

Great game guys.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:56 PM #4
enfimis

i was in the yankee division led by the redhawks. they were great leaders in the way they handled things. it was my 3rd time there n i never did missions but they made it enjoyable and things were always a challenge by what things theyd make us do. id definalty be in there division again
Old 07-14-2008, 09:22 AM #5
officer J
"TAP"

Had a great time, I was Wulfenkow team leader, and I know my guys had a great time. This just wasnt our year, the Germans did a good job holding the beach and the game just wouldnt be the same if one side won it year after year. Thought we may have had a chance to pull it off by our gains on Sunday. Only 364 days til ION 2009
Old 07-14-2008, 10:42 AM #6
foreverpsycotic
Gun Whore in training

foreverpsycotic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I was more than happy to keep you safe in your little hut, along with the props in the "secret spot". A big thank you goes out to Capital Offense from me, thanks for keeping the base secure, and thanks for getting the hood back.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:03 AM #7
The Glitch
Myrmidon's Web Monkey

anyone need a cold fresh towel?

Proud to be apart of the Strategy Plus Family.
For top quality scenario play at a modest price, there's no better choice!

Fueled by EMPIRE Paintball
Old 07-14-2008, 11:11 AM #8
foreverpsycotic
Gun Whore in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
anyone need a cold fresh towel?

You played your role well, too bad you found out what 30+BPS felt like close range.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:27 AM #9
The Glitch
Myrmidon's Web Monkey

you think I would bum rush through 20 base defenders if I didn't already know what that felt like? That was a massage compared to what I went through last year.

you guys didn't make it easy for me though, you had the base pretty locked down and I had to do everything to avoid a few base defenders who were really on their game.

and great idea with the props, that spot made it nearly impossible for me to extract them on my own.

gg guys hopefully there are no hard feelings.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:55 AM #10
foreverpsycotic
Gun Whore in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
you think I would bum rush through 20 base defenders if I didn't already know what that felt like? That was a massage compared to what I went through last year.

you guys didn't make it easy for me though, you had the base pretty locked down and I had to do everything to avoid a few base defenders who were really on their game.

and great idea with the props, that spot made it nearly impossible for me to extract them on my own.

gg guys hopefully there are no hard feelings.
The funny thing was, that I had 800psi left in my tank, and nothing but a couple of rounds in my hopper. It was more about the threat of force, than the actual force
Old 07-14-2008, 12:19 PM #11
The Glitch
Myrmidon's Web Monkey

lol I was wondering why I heard 50 shots and only had 6 hits on my back. I thought I had a pulp fiction moment.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:35 PM #12
Silence
BLUAWAGABA

I have to give props to foreverpsychotic as well. The man screamed himself to no voice holding the base when you guys were at our doorstep and then stood in front of the door for the rest of the game using hand signals to communicate.

Glitch, my one piece of advice is to ditch the arm guards. Without those on I never would have recognized you at the end there. I'll never forget Wally on the phone:

"Yeah, I need my GPS... RUNNER RUNNER GET HIM SHOOT HIM"

Good job man. Sorry I didn't see the second one to make a call, but I was a bit busy at the moment :p
Old 07-14-2008, 12:55 PM #13
The Glitch
Myrmidon's Web Monkey

yeah I was running out of wardrobe options at that point.

it's funny that I had more difficulty getting into the base in costume then I did when I was fully decked out in my myrmidon gear lacrosse stick and all, just chillin for 30 minutes on a log 2 feet from the security tape.

and there was no way in hell I was getting that sniper paint on you. I never once saw you leave your humble abode.

gg phil, see u at the next one.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:14 PM #14
Ruger the E Rider
GIGGITY

To Silence and the rest of the Allies.. Great game. Thank you for putting up a great fight, and even though you didn't win you were honorable to the end. I look forward to fighting you again.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:19 PM #15
foreverpsycotic
Gun Whore in training

Silence, you were talking about Steve, I was the one watching the props over in the secret area, waiting for them to leave the field (I was wearing the old school Smart Parts jersey with the target in the front.

BTW, glitch, thx for the cig
Old 07-14-2008, 04:18 PM #16
Silence
BLUAWAGABA

Oh, my bad. Then props to Steve for screaming himself near to death and props to you for guarding the props
Old 07-15-2008, 07:35 AM #17
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silence View Post
MVP: Kent from Team Boxer, who along with his team ran our company commander net from the CP. He and his crew were incredibly professional and absolutely essential to keeping things running. A true MVP.

- Phil
First let me say Boxer had a great time working with Phil, his command staff and all the company commanders.

Phil was by far one of the best general's I have ever worked with. Managing that many people and teams is no joke. It was an eye opener for me!

Since we spent more than 90% of our time in the command tent we did not get to play much but from what we could hear on the radios the game was very exciting.

There's a ton of stuff I'd like to say and people I'd like to talk about but I'll put that in my blog, "Dog Days".

I'll update this later with the link.

But before I say anything else let me say this, the MVP is great but it should have been an MVT.

The MVP is only a reflection of the UNBELIEVABLE team work that flowed between our noble Team Captain (Runaway), SeoulBro and I! The MVT was all about US working the CP as a team; The map situation boards, the radios, keeping Phil and the command staff updated.

All that tooks a team effort of which I was just one part.

The MVT is a validation of the Boxer philosophy and all the long conversations Runaway and I have had about tactical philosophy and our approach to paintball. As you say Run, two minds are better than one, and when we put ours together good things happen.

To our friends Capital Offense, all I can say is thanks for the invite and making us feel a part of your team… Dave I hope you don’t mind when I say that CO and Boxer are developing a very special relationship. I truly hope we continue to grow the bond that is forming between our 2 teams.

X-Man
Team Boxer XO

Oh, if there are any teams who made ION who are planning on making Fulda Gap at Command Decisions (North Carolina) please let me know. I will ge generaling the Warsaw Pact side.

I saw a bunch of great teams at ION and we sure could use some of you!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:52 AM #18
X-Man

The Link To My Blog - Dog Days

I will be writting a more detailed run down on the game from the CP's perspective on my blog Dog Days.

http://teamboxerblog.blogspot.com/
Old 07-15-2008, 12:34 PM #19
gaussian88
Roger Roger

Thanks to Silence, his command staff, to all the company commanders, our Allied troops and most of all to Skirmish for making this one of the best DDay/IONs ever!!!

Bravo Company ==> You rock!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:08 AM #20
captain 60
Team Underground

Thanks to Silence and all the Allie players we gave it our best with what we had. Mark started his own post now, and to this day still thinks it was a fair game. Well from my opinon and my team it was far from fair, and that netting was insane no wonder we could never get off the beach. So whos the boob now
Old 07-16-2008, 11:23 AM #21
Eldon Tyrell

My thanks.

My deepest thanks to all the Allied players who stood together for this game. It is truly an honor to share such a good fight with folks who refuse to quit.

I would particularly like to thank General Silence for the opportunity to be a part of this effort. It was nice to have a straight fight against an enemy that needed shooting.

My special thanks to XO Paul Dinunno for putting up with me this weekend. He took care of a lot of things behind the scenes and kept us all reasonably sane during the weekend.

The Tyrell Corporation came heavy for this game. The teams that fought as part of our core group this year were:

Executive Outcomes - Special Operations/Logistics
Cromagnum - Intelligence Operations/Armor Support
Spooks - Special Operations/GPS
Wulfenkow - Tango Company/Dairy Support
Dead Ringers - Intelligence/Role-play
Team Nighthawk - Special Operations/Armor Support (Lady Liberty with a mini-gun)

My heartfelt thanks to Sgt. Alan “Cold” Steel who led the Armored Division with such distinction. You also have my apologies for the damage to the landscape caused by his “vigorous” tank operations. We honestly thought he would be less dangerous with a tank than a briefcase. Oops. Special note: The source of the maniacal laughter coming from the dune buggy tank on Sunday was my twelve-year old son in the gunner position. It comes from his mother’s side of the family. Really.

In closing, let me say that all the Allied force needs to be proud to have fought in this battle. The German command asked me if we ever had any trouble getting players to get in the landing crafts. I was able to smile and simply say “no”. We never had a problem with courage, determination, or sheer fighting spirit. There is no greater privilege than leading players in a tough fight. Your performance in this game left all of us feeling extremely grateful and humble.

Remember this: Until a player has watched that ramp drop with the rounds hitting the other side; until they have watched the streams of fire coming from the woods seeking their lives; until they have crawled under ropes of paint going inches overhead; they have not earned the right to say a word to you. You have stood together on St. Crispin’s Day. No one can ever take that away from you.
www.eviltyrellcorporation.com
Facebook
Semi-proudly sponsored by Pasadena Paintball Park and Paintball Sports and Supply in Maryland and
Commissioned Credentials