PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-11-2008, 01:15 PM #1
Leatherbeck
What it is

Western Illinois University Team

hey just wondering if there is a team, whos on it, where you guys practice, any sponsorships, if theres tryouts or something. id say im probably at a d3 level, practiced with d2 but never played event due to expenses. Let me know if there is a thread that someone could write the link to, or if we should start one.
thanks
Leatherbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:51 PM #2
D.P.4life

Yooo im going there this fall semester. From what i've heard there is no team, the school wants nothing to do with paintball.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:12 PM #3
dark_angel_lcd
Amish

dark_angel_lcd plays in the PSP
dark_angel_lcd plays in the APPA D2 division
There isn't, contact Scott Kellum aka "Hero", he lives in macomb and goes to Western.

CIA | No Limit | CIA
dark_angel_lcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:18 PM #4
daniel t. crunch
tomwagz 2k1

daniel t. crunch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
daniel t. crunch supports Team VICIOUS
^thats what she said-

Heres the downlow on WIU paintball, as I remember it. Mind you this was a couple years, about a million beers, and many drugs ago.

Scott and Luigi tried starting up a team. Now, Western, wanted NOTHING to do with it. Basically all they would do is provide us with a room to have meetings. As far as funding, no way in hell.

They wouldnt provide a place to practice (even just to run drills, no live guns)

I think they heard paintball and thought commandoramboforestball.com

BUT--------->

its never gunna change unless you youngbucks step up to the plate. contact scott, (Hero - pbn) he will give u any detailed info u might need.

One downside is paradise, a field that was literally a 3minute drive from campus, is no mo'. I think the closest thing now is an hour+ and being a broke western college kid, gas can buttplug you.

good luck tho, would love to see it happen, lot of talent round cental il.

i luve you,
wags
Old 07-11-2008, 04:00 PM #5
PnTBm2k

has been a member for 10 years
PnTBm2k plays in the PSP
PnTBm2k helped look for balloons
PnTBm2k is an NCPA National Champion
im goin there in the fall aswell...let me know if anything starts up
Old 07-11-2008, 04:47 PM #6
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah

Hero is a founding member
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
I hate to be the downer, but until the perception of paintball becomes more mainstream...WIU won't want anything to do with it. WIU's recreation center and intramural department are full of nice people, but none of them can quite understand paintball yet.

As I offer to everyone that currently goes to school at WIU, I drive to SI every weekend for practice. Anyone that wants to play for the day can throw down $10 for gas and can ride along. It's a 2 hour drive to a legit field with full XBall.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:44 PM #7
Ratpulse19

Ratpulse19 is an NCPA player
Ratpulse19 is an NCPA National Champion
Ratpulse19 plays in the APPA D4 division
the school doesnt need to recognize you guys to play ncpa events. EIU has been passing us around from office to office for two years now but we still go out and play all the ncpa events we can and even won nationals in AA in our first year together.

jimbos goin there this fall as he already said....im sure he could help you guys get something going if theres interest....he was with us since the beginning.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:46 PM #8
Leatherbeck
What it is

thanks for everything, everyone whos going there this fall i will probably pm you, but thats a bummer about couple years ago their lack in the sport. the thing i am hoping to do is showing nationals maybe and getting people from isu to get there administrators who do sponsor them to maybe write the positives of sponsoring a legit competitive paintball team. bummer that they have oversized pink volleyball as a intramural but cant even look at paintballing lol. all we can do is be as annoying as possible, cant say no forever lol. thanks again everyone
Brian
Old 07-14-2008, 08:36 AM #9
daniel t. crunch
tomwagz 2k1

daniel t. crunch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
daniel t. crunch supports Team VICIOUS
I think the best way to do it may be to say screw the school for now, and try and win or place or something. colleges are always looking for plugs and recognition, and if all a sudden there is a WIU team on TV and in news articles and on the web, it may open thier eyes, or at least have them peek into it and see there is a legit sport, not woodsheads.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:31 PM #10
Leatherbeck
What it is

yeah i know some guys from isu that are on the team that won nationals and they practically run through the field and only have recognition from the school as a club pretty much. so im planning on just running primarily through the feild and finance wise just fundraisers, such as big games entry fee and what not.

everyone who is going to or currently attending WIU and are interested it would help if maybe you could write here or pm me some info, like level setup, where u staying that sort of stuff.
thanks Brian
Old 07-23-2008, 09:07 PM #11
ADietrich54

hey, i'll be a soph. at wiu this fall, i live in MD and my best friend helped start a paintball club at Winthrop Univ. in south carolina. i think with such a large law enforcment presence in macomb (i'm a leja major) it would be a little easier to start a team, or should be. as far as im concerned drugs and beer and the wrongful use of pb markers is far from what my goal would be for wiu's team and my future in the criminal justice field. if somone would just show some solid background and evidence of the teamwork and atheticism required ,as well as the fact that itll get wiu some street cred. i think we might change some minds. also i know several police officers who love pb so if we could perhaps involve local MPD or OPS i think we'd have a good shot.....
ADietrich54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:07 PM #12
ADietrich54

p.s. that was my first post so uh, be kind lol
Old 07-25-2008, 08:57 PM #13
Leatherbeck
What it is

yeah, those are some good ideas

i guess ill have to be the start up guy then, ill work on ****, and everyone whos interested i will let you guys know, if we get it started i think we could do pretty good. from what i know theres some good talent either there or going there so yeah.

See everyone in the fall
lol peace
Old 07-28-2008, 02:19 AM #14
Xcato
Midwest Hustla

Xcato supports Team VICIOUS
Xcato is for the Gunfight
CIA breeds talent.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:32 AM #15
D.P.4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcato View Post
CIA breeds talent.
It seems too, we played all the CIA teams it seemd like at Chicago.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:51 AM #16
ADietrich54

L-Beck leeme know if i can do anything to help. im in Maryland right now for the summer but ill be in peoria on the 16th of aug. even if we dont get wiu to fund us i think we can get at least a few local places too. isu has Budweiser for christ sakes, and id really just like to get a team goin......
Old 08-01-2008, 07:40 AM #17
MwKiddd

MwKiddd plays in the PSP
MwKiddd plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
I hate to be the downer, but until the perception of paintball becomes more mainstream...WIU won't want anything to do with it. WIU's recreation center and intramural department are full of nice people, but none of them can quite understand paintball yet.

As I offer to everyone that currently goes to school at WIU, I drive to SI every weekend for practice. Anyone that wants to play for the day can throw down $10 for gas and can ride along. It's a 2 hour drive to a legit field with full XBall.
excellent idea
MwKiddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:06 AM #18
SPYDER48

im going to be a freshman this year at WIU and i would appriciate any new info anyone has on getting a team through the school or even a club through the rec would be a decent start to get the school to recognize the sport and maybe help turn the school on to the idea of a team
SPYDER48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:05 PM #19
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah

Hero is a founding member
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
You must contact the Head of Intramural Sports in the Recreation Center
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:35 PM #20
PnTBm2k

PnTBm2k plays in the PSP
PnTBm2k helped look for balloons
PnTBm2k is an NCPA National Champion
does anyone that post here own a blue S10 thats parked in the Q-lot near henninger with "paintballtogo.com" decal on the back?

also, not sure if they can do any funding or anything, but the manager of The Forum played with me in Texas Open in 06 (psp) so maybe someone can try talkin to him, or i will but ya

Last edited by PnTBm2k : 08-27-2008 at 11:39 PM.
PnTBm2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:55 PM #21
D.P.4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnTBm2k View Post
does anyone that post here own a blue S10 thats parked in the Q-lot near henninger with "paintballtogo.com" decal on the back?

also, not sure if they can do any funding or anything, but the manager of The Forum played with be in Texas Open in 06 (psp) so maybe someone can try talkin to him, or i will but ya
I seen it too bro
ReplyRegional Ups