PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2008, 09:12 PM #1
FE4R
Ya i ball

Goining the club

was wondering, why does it seem that angles are not as popular as they used to be. i just got back into paintball when i came home from iraq. so i bought a 05 speed for real good price, thing shoots soo fast. but now its like there junk, all these $1800+ ego's and DM's ect.... those were not nothing, i come from when the shocker 4x4 was BAAADD!!!! then the angels with the LCD IR3, and the 12V Revolution Hopper was teh fastest one out there. whats with it these days, some people say there still good guns, just not an avg kid/person can not afford the parts for them ie. bolts,eyes,boards,volumizer, and all of that. So with all this going on i bought a new Mini, Stuck a virtue board in it a custom tuned it myself, in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5t3cL7mhqA

there is also a video of me ripping my angel, which appears to be just as fast, and it is completely bone stock other than the Barrel. so why angel brothers?? what has WDP done to let DM/PM/EGO/Luxe(never heard of)/MINI/MINION/ION take the market today, and it isnt because the DM's and EGO's are more affordable oh no, i would not pay $1400 for a ego or DM even though i wouldnt mind having one, but then again you know its not the gun, its the player. i do pop fools like this

with my Angel while there using there $2k ego or whatever, you know. i guesss all this mindless rambeling means i just wish i saw more angel stuff around these days, cuz back then there was NOTHING better than having a sweet Dark Angel, Scorpion Angel, whatever else there was i dont remember... just us as angel owners shouldnt let some punk try and talk us into giving them a Angel Speed AND my Virtue Mini for a Piece of Junk NXT schocker thats all i guess im tryin to say..
FE4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2008, 09:15 PM #2
sonny7
Animals are ok

sonny7 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simply because we aren't agg in the minds of hk kids.
My Nova Build

"Originally posted by sikk50: 3 years, then she cheated on me with a co-worker. We broke up, I ****ed her best friend. They're no longer friends. I don't talk to either of them. They've both gotten fat. And shes had a baby with guy she cheated on me with. He dumped her. I feel I won."
sonny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:21 PM #3
HarleyR62

Quote:
Originally Posted by FE4R View Post
was wondering, why does it seem that angles are not as popular as they used to be. i just got back into paintball when i came home from iraq. so i bought a 05 speed for real good price, thing shoots soo fast. but now its like there junk, all these $1800+ ego's and DM's ect.... those were not nothing, i come from when the shocker 4x4 was BAAADD!!!! then the angels with the LCD IR3, and the 12V Revolution Hopper was teh fastest one out there. whats with it these days, some people say there still good guns, just not an avg kid/person can not afford the parts for them ie. bolts,eyes,boards,volumizer, and all of that. So with all this going on i bought a new Mini, Stuck a virtue board in it a custom tuned it myself, in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5t3cL7mhqA

there is also a video of me ripping my angel, which appears to be just as fast, and it is completely bone stock other than the Barrel. so why angel brothers?? what has WDP done to let DM/PM/EGO/Luxe(never heard of)/MINI/MINION/ION take the market today, and it isnt because the DM's and EGO's are more affordable oh no, i would not pay $1400 for a ego or DM even though i wouldnt mind having one, but then again you know its not the gun, its the player. i do pop fools like this

with my Angel while there using there $2k ego or whatever, you know. i guesss all this mindless rambeling means i just wish i saw more angel stuff around these days, cuz back then there was NOTHING better than having a sweet Dark Angel, Scorpion Angel, whatever else there was i dont remember... just us as angel owners shouldnt let some punk try and talk us into giving them a Angel Speed AND my Virtue Mini for a Piece of Junk NXT schocker thats all i guess im tryin to say..
Im in the same boat as you.. I started playing in 93 with a SL68 2 and when I quit in 2001 I was shooting a 4x4 and bought an 05 Speed when I started playing again... But have acquired a 4X4 Turbo,A1 Angel, Eclipse cocker, Centerfire mini Mag...
HarleyR62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:22 PM #4
rghbsn
Save a tree, eat a beaver

I like it better this way...

Though I would like some more options for tshirts and stuff...the "English" sense of style doesn't really fit for me...houndstooth? Really? on a T shirt?
Larry Motes Fan Club #3
feedback Me Proper Villains PV Myspace
Planet Eclipse GZ Paintball PaintballX3.com Paintball Central
Compulsive Paintball Animal Paintball Batteries Plus Southwest Paintball
Tarheel Open & Carolina Classic Champions!
rghbsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:25 PM #5
FE4R
Ya i ball

haha true.and again 4x4 turbos were bad back then lol now there ancient.. they dont have much for the americans, i just wonder if angel is popular in the UK, heck there made there right...
Old 07-10-2008, 09:29 PM #6
PMR4LIFE
idk

PMR4LIFE helped look for balloons
PMR4LIFE is reppin' sidebar 4 life
PMR4LIFE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
if angel isnt popular in the UK then new york pizza isnt from new york. thats all people shoot over there. angel is glorified so much in england.
Hobbes The Tiger: "Touch ourselves? Experiment with our sexuality? Duct tape DMC to the ceiling? Make PMR burn his Stamkos spank bank? Make demonic look at Kovy pr0nz? Make Burrows live in a house that's under 200k?"
New York Yankees Pittsburgh Steelers Tampa Bay Lightning UCF Knights
:daveface:
PMR4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:32 PM #7
FE4R
Ya i ball

humm....got in contact with someone who works for wdp i just had to buy a set of eyes for my red angel.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:33 PM #8
rghbsn
Save a tree, eat a beaver

Quote:
haha true.and again 4x4 turbos were bad back then lol now there ancient.. they dont have much for the americans, i just wonder if angel is popular in the UK, heck there made there right...
Yep. But so is Planet Eclipse...Egos
Larry Motes Fan Club #3
feedback Me Proper Villains PV Myspace
Planet Eclipse GZ Paintball PaintballX3.com Paintball Central
Compulsive Paintball Animal Paintball Batteries Plus Southwest Paintball
Tarheel Open & Carolina Classic Champions!
rghbsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:37 PM #9
FE4R
Ya i ball

i didnt know Ego was made in the UK... thought bout getting one of those too, but meh, i like my guns, i would however like a DM6 or so.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:09 AM #10
scoobytgi
UK Asylum Killer

Last year it was rare to see Angel shooting teams over here - it was all Ego, apart from where I play as the field's owned by APS, so all the staff and regulars shoot angel. Start of this year though it just went nuts - Angel picked up London Tigers and South coast Stealers, two of the top 5 UK teams (I guess) and now more and more players are coming back to Angel. Its like a Renassance.
scoobytgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:46 PM #11
Di96

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
but then again you know its not the gun, its the player

The actually newer players do not know this. I laugh a little inside every time I hear a (know it all) player telling someone 'hey you take that bunker you have the nicer gun'.

and I still rock my Shocker 4x4 every now and then with everyone asking what is that? she's heavy but packs a punch as big as any of my guns.

Last edited by Di96 : 07-11-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Di96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:57 PM #12
cyrus-the-virus90
Yes you like mr bunny

cyrus-the-virus90 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Not anymore, they moved production to china with the A1 generation.
cyrus-the-virus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:59 PM #13
JackintheBack
What would RaptorJesus do

WTB... your wall of gats.

I love the 4x4 man. That's so hot.

Yeah, the last time I played I was rocking an impulse and people thought it was this amazing thing.

I remember always wanting an Angel but never could afford one.
I quit for 5 years, and come back. I start by picking up a 5peed. I think they're the hottest marker tbh. I don't care for this whole half block crap.
"LT. Lynch: My friend drives the MormonMobile. We always joke around with him and say "How many wives does it take to drive the MormonMobile? The correct answer is 4. One to drive and the other three to fornicate on the bed."

Angel Army
Old Trust!
BlackBerry Certified BB PIN: 206DEA0B
JackintheBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:15 PM #14
meliketopaintball
$Social Disease$

I dropped my sft shocker and dm5 got got an 05 speed and g7 cobra.
meliketopaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:45 PM #15
Purkel

Purkel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i think part of it is marketing... hardly any US teams are shooting A1's. Most kids see teams winning with Egos and DMs and think those are automatically the best guns. Planet Eclipse has thrown a ton of money at sponsorships and tons of pro-teams shoot egos. Sure angel has Joy who have been faithful to angel for a long time... but Joy doesnt seem to have a huge fan base in the US. In Europe tho, I imagine Joy has a huge following.

then theres the maintenance issue. angels are perceived to be hard to work on. people see they need to buy special pressure guages to tune their marker and i think it just scares people off.

I dont think angels are hard to work on... but Egos and DMs are definitely easier to work on than an angel. Im not an ego fanboi, but ill admit its probably the most solid and reliable gun ive ever owned.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:49 PM #16
D.C.

has been a member for 10 years
**I will refer to APS as WDP because the name change to offendes me**

The problem occurs when people remember the "glory days" of WDP, when they had Dynasty, Joy, Ironmen, Avalanche etc in the fold. You either shot an angel or just another gun (I know people will blast me about how good cockers shockers and mags were, owned them all and would take my dye's over them any day)
Gone are those days, there are just too many quality electronic alternatives to the angel now. Also as Purkel said the U.S. got flooded with Shockers and Egos and as a result the pro teams had a good amount of options for gun deals. WDP can't pay them all. Now your average player does not identify with a pro team that uses a WDP product, I mean really how many Young kids know who the clean up crew was? They all shot angels just like the greater majority of older pro players used to.
Just my opinion.