Community Focus

Old 07-09-2008, 12:56 AM #1
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Magno shootdown

The Good
It's smoother and quieter for sure. Efficiency is significantly improved and my A1 wasn't bad to start. I should be able to get 1200-1300 balls off a full 4500 fill with my 45 ci tank. That's consistent with the advertised 1800+ on a 68 ci from APS. I'll double check my settings tomorrow at practice but I believe I'm running LPR 56 psi and dwell of 5.5 ms.

The Bad
I've encountered a problem with shootdown at very high rates of fire (well over 20 bps). With old 15 bps PSP ramping, the balls are all right on top of each other and consistency is excellent. When I really rail on it hard with uncapped semi or use uncapped ramping, a ball will occasionally "poop" out the barrel mid-stream. I was actually getting some interesting mid-air collisions from the balls at normal velocity hitting the odd ones travelling at sub 100 fps.

The Solution?
Not sure what is causing the problem. I only saw this problem with the gen 2 internals when my LPR was set too low (sub 55 psi). This problem occured with the magno internals with my LPR set at both 56 and 60 psi. I don't really want to up my LPR pressure above 60 psi though...

I guess I could try upping my dwell. Perhaps the new ram needs to break in. I only have about 600 balls through the new internals. Didn't APS up the suggested dwell from 5.5 ms to 6.0 or 6.5 ms?

I could cap my max ROF at 20 bps or something to avoid this problem but I'd prefer not. I love blasting a really quick burst when snapping

Any suggestions? Battery is fairly fresh BTW and at around 9V.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2008, 01:06 AM #2
Jocasta (Banned)
Captain Strobe

Up the dwell to 6.5 until the ram breaks in a little more. Then you can see if 5.5 is workable.
Jocasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:14 AM #3
paintball3r12 (Banned)

You snap shoot 20 BPS?
paintball3r12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:34 AM #4
poopresearch
Dr Nick

I'll try upping the dwell a bit jocasta. I should be putting 3-5 cases through it this week so that will help break her in.

Quote:
You snap shoot 20 BPS?
Yes, over 20 bps and people hate it It's actually not hard to get a short bust that fast with practice. I can't sustain that kind of ROF though.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:50 AM #5
iday10
Insane in the Membrane

I had a similar shootdown issue, I upped the dwell to 6, shot off a hopper, grabbed a full tank, lowered dwell back down and the problem was gone. I can now go un-capped ramping with zero shootdown and perfect consistency. The weird thing is that with the magno internals, my marker cycles signifigantly faster than it did before, listening to it on demo is positively orgasmic.

Huzzah for Epic MD Mod Thread!

Macdev Militia
iday10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:16 PM #6
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
I'm hoping my HPR will be able to go low enough to chrono legal with the magnos. I think it goes down to 130 psi with my tank, crossing my fingers that I'll still be able to go down to 220 fps for reball.
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:54 PM #7
poopresearch
Dr Nick

I just wanted to post an update. I took Jocasta's advice and upped my dwell to 6.5 ms and the shootdown appear to be all but gone. I put a hopper through her using uncapped ramping and it was ball on ball except for one ball.

I'm not sure if it the dwell itself fixed the problem or the fact that upping the dwell slows the ROF a tad. It can be a bit hard to estimate such high rates of fire but I'd guess the marker was in the low 20's with 6.5 ms dwell and easily the mid 20's with 5.5 ms dwell. That's obscenely fast either way considering I'm running a paint setting of fragile 4.

No breaks or chops and it was nice and smooth. I'm happy now. After I put a few cases through I'll try dropping my dwell to 6.0 and then eventually 5.5. Looks like a dwell of 6.5 during break in is the way to go though.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:59 PM #8
Jocasta (Banned)
Captain Strobe

Jocasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:46 AM #9
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
I positively love my Magno'd Rage right now, favorite gun I own by far! Last night at practice I was using it and shooting very smooth and accurate as it's been since I got the kit. My teammate's ego7 goes down and he asks me for my back-up, which last night happened to be my Ironmen DM6 (favorite gun up to this point), so I grabbed it and took it to the field. We're all shooting the same FPO diablo, and the DM's accurate and consistent over the chrono as usual, but the A1 is just waay more accurate, even my other teammates noticed and made comments about it... and for the first time ever with any gun, I've got 3 shots over the chrono at 285 in a row!!! efficiency's improved too, so right now, given the choice, A1 all the way!!

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Luigi Speed 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:05 AM #10
MHSG
Big Man Killer

Me and Trigga Got the internals Last night instaled by Ken, we test both Guns ,they work great!!!!!!! knocking on wood, hoping they will stay that way.