PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-06-2008, 06:14 PM #1
jaxx.22

improve the scene

so as we all know that the scene around here is ..... bad. but i was thinking , what could we do to make it better???
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2008, 07:38 PM #2
xryanxneveragainx
Sieg Heil! internet nazis

i been trying for about 6 years, i try my best to shop local to keep stores going. the good ones cannot stay in business there just isn't a high end paintball market here it's all woodsball.

at this point(for me anyways) it is down to ONE free paintball place and it is an hour from where i live, i have been ran out of everywhere else
xryanxneveragainx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:59 PM #3
Jester Oz

I'm in the same boat, except I'm a woodsballer myself. Our local shops are all focusing on the high end game when its just not existent in Utah. The problem is not only do we not really have a high end game our woodsball is slowly going away too due to new developments and stupid local laws.
Jester Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:13 AM #4
fossilhead
Don't need a helmet

has been a member for 10 years
Well, more fields would be a start. Unfortunately I don't know if Utah really has the scene to support it. Seems like the indoor fields are doing ok. Not great but ok.

And the outdoor fields are only open on Saturdays.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:34 AM #5
Naughty_Dog077
Semper Fidelis (3/1)

bring some friends in with you the next time you go, I haven't seen one person so far that I've introduced to paintball that hasn't gotten addicted to it.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:54 PM #6
Jester Oz

I've got all my friends playing but that's just not enough. We all have work so sometimes we just can't get out. There just needs to be more advertising. How often do you actually see an ad. for paintball in Utah??
Jester Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:40 PM #7
ThePlato

I'm starting a club at UVU, I'm hoping that I can hold a bi annual event to take interested high schoolers out for a free day. I'm thinking the more people whom get a taste, the more who will come. Who knows it might work...
ThePlato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:39 AM #8
Shermanator

The only way to fix the scene here and to get things off the ground is take your friends, If fields offered a refer-a-friend bonus of some type, like bring a new friend play for free today, or something like that it would give us the motivation to bring our friends, and if those friends get addicted then they bring their friends so on and so forth, however everyone I talk to in Utah is all about the woodsball (BOOORING!!) not that I have a problem with woodsballers, they're people too, but I would like to see the speedball/Xball scene grow we have a team or two but I can only think of 2 teams that actually play in the PSP and NPPL tourney's
Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups