Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2001, 01:41 PM #1
SHockdaddy

SHockdaddy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Question

iyo what is more reliable between a bushmaster lcd and impulse? What is a better buy? Do bushmasters or impulses break down alot?

Please dont be biased

thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2001, 04:12 PM #2
SHockdaddy

SHockdaddy is a Supporting Member
please help people!!!
Old 05-20-2001, 04:52 PM #3
sstruckguy
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
sstruckguy is an Administrator
sstruckguy is a Supporting Member
sstruckguy is a founding member
sstruckguy donated to help Peyton Trent
sstruckguy supports Sherwood Forest
Cool My Imp..

has been flawless..following all directions in manual, and all that hoopla...has performed flawlessly!!

Later,
Old 05-20-2001, 05:35 PM #4
sschroeter

on field i'm a vision (impulse) user, and a buddy is using a new bushy.
they perform the same, flawlessly. The imp seems a little more gas-pressure steady as I'm running CO2 and once set up, have never needed to re-adjust, while his seems to me (and this could be nothing really) to require just a light touch to set occasionally.
the lcd feature in my opinion is worthless (on the bushy)
the ACE on the impulse making it a Vision (ask if you don't know) is also worthless, the gun is so well designed you will not outshoot a 12V revolution.
at this level/quality of marker, range and accuracy and noise are all the same. I like the CO2 option.
steve
Impulse Vision (silver) #5926
Old 05-20-2001, 10:34 PM #5
the.68king
Ancient Member

yea, bull**** the ACE isn't needed, my impulse works awesome but i'd love ot have a vision, so far i've only broken 3 balls the entire time i've owned my gun, and they were all chops, anyway, impulse all the way, jstu as fast, simpler, cheaper
Old 05-23-2001, 04:57 PM #6
handyjoe

i would say vision impulse... they are around the same price as a bushy and i would say the anti chop eye is better then LCD. IMHO i think multi fire modes are useless... anti chop eye on the other hand is definatly something to get.. impulses can shoot VERY fast... with a simple adjustment of the ROF pot u can outshoot a 12vlt revy easily....
i say go vision.. they are actually worth the money
cya
Old 06-12-2001, 05:21 PM #7
dierwulfBL
Capt. Team BLOODLUST

MO

bushies beat the ever living snot outta Imps.....my friend could never get his imp to work but after 1-3 hours of messing with dips and etc etc he would get it working all the while im playing every game with my bushy no problems, he sold his Imp for a bushy cause bushies are better....the new style ACE will whip the pants off the vision also(ACE w/o sun prob)
68ci conquest 4.5k KAPP chrome DF
Old 06-12-2001, 05:52 PM #8
Bocephus
Impulse #2948

You can go on and on about why or why not each one is better than the other blah blah blah blah blah. If you know how to adjust your gun it will work flawlessly for you if you have a Bushy or Impulse. However, if you don't really know what your doing your gun will give you problems. Your marker is like a kid and you have to take care of it. I would say try each gun and pick the one that you like the most. I personally would get a Vision Impulse, but that's just me.

-Bocephus
-Impulse #2948
-Acid Blue Wash Phantom
-Picture
Old 06-13-2001, 04:18 AM #9
lordofchaos
Modernator

from my experiances, the Impulse is much better, less kick, quiter, and FASTER. the B2k is limited to 13bps, I've hit much higher then that. Here's the problem though, next year all SF boards will be unusable in the NPPL, and LCD B2Ks have select fire modes, so it will cost you more money to get a semi only board. I can outshoot my revvy easily, and chop paint because of it, I'd kill for a vision Impulse.

There both great guns, the Impulse vision is more useful then an LCD bushy though.

-Wes
Old 06-13-2001, 01:42 PM #10
dierwulfBL
Capt. Team BLOODLUST

comparing a vision impulse would be more "correct" to comepare it with a ACE and chaos maxx2.........even then the bm2k costs less then a vision the LCD was a flop and everyone knows it....buy a DV8 they are way better, with an ACE and DV8 your aproaching the vision costor so i think lemme go check the price on those real quick.....ok so your over the price so back to the maxx2 which brings it to about thew sam price.....vision shoots 13bps(PBgear says that at the bottom) and the ACE shoots unlimited bps......hmmm and from my experiences with the imp i'd say go bushy....better yet go with an angel hehe
Old 06-13-2001, 03:51 PM #11
Reklats

Lets see... the vision eye is adjustable so it never has light problems.

Quote:
my friend could never get his imp to work but after 1-3 hours of messing with dips and etc etc he would get it working
Last time I checked, my imp didn't have dip switches and only had one thing (the dwell) to adjust. The impulse is hella less complicated than a bushy. Especially without an lpr to break.

Quote:
vision shoots 13bps(PBgear says that at the bottom) and the ACE shoots unlimited bps
You use pbgear as a reference source? That should say a lot about your posts.

Impulses are made by smart parts. You can trust them to make a gun that's built well. My friend had to go over every single wire connection in his bushy with a sodder gun to reinforce/fix them. The grip frame, body, and feed tube are all anodized a different shade of yellow. Thats real Indian Springs made in vietnam quality for you.
Old 06-13-2001, 06:11 PM #12
dierwulfBL
Capt. Team BLOODLUST

vietnam? hahaha more like united states of america.....unless troops started making them back when we were fighting over there, which technically they could say made in USA not really, anyways yes that dwell thing is what i was refferring too by dip switch...i dunno we had to tweak it like perfectly, maybe since we didnt get it perfect, thats prolly why his ram broke, about the bushy havign to go throuigh a solder wires??? WTF whatta loser he seriously didnt have to do that ive had experience with 7 or so bushies and have never heard of THAT problem, your friend in smokin crack or he thought itd be funny toi cut his wires. but the cr8er of this post should post in the bushy forum and see what replies he gets there. Of course your gonna get biased answers here. But in the bushy forum we already know which is betetr so we compare the bm2k against shockers and matrices, angels, timmys and other high class guns, unless they made a huge improvement in the imp i would never buy one EVER, its a low quality bushy
Old 06-13-2001, 09:23 PM #13
abott
Bombtrack

dierwolf-
shut your mouth, you know nothing.
Old 06-13-2001, 10:30 PM #14
the.68king
Ancient Member

he is a moron isn't he
Old 06-13-2001, 11:08 PM #15
Reklats

Well, I think it's obvious that dierwulfBL has never actually seen an impulse. Too bad. He doesn't know what he's missing. At least smart parts anodized my gun all the same color. If I wanted to, I could take my grip frame off, and hang it from the top half by the wires connected to my solenoid. If you did that with a bushy, the wires would break, then the gripframe would hit the ground and probably break in half. What about the bushy stock regulator? Is that thing a POS or what? I think that's what you guys are really talking about in the bushy forum. Whether to replace the sucky stock barrel (impulse progressive barrel is awesome) or to replace the sucky stock reg. (Impulse-maxflow. THE BEST reg in paintball, comes stock)

I wouldn't take your shrub tackler if you gave it to me.
Old 06-14-2001, 12:16 AM #16
dierwulfBL
Capt. Team BLOODLUST

i think my point has been made on how if you post this topic in an Imp forum your gonna get HELLA biased answers, i've played games with both guns and i can tell you which is better....yes i can let my body dangle from my wires ive done it my accident but why would you need to ahve it dangle, anyways this is an Imp forum so my point has been clearly made......funny thing is, we let this newbie try out both guns and we asked which one was better and he pointed to the bushy( he played two games with each) maybe its that half inch long trigger pull that makes the imp feel low quality we may never know
Old 06-14-2001, 12:26 AM #17
dierwulfBL
Capt. Team BLOODLUST

oh yea i have seen an Imp ive played about 10 games with one(thats how i know they suck) and the original question was which is more reliable.......bushies are BY FAR more reliable. They don't have a *** dwell setting to screw with they have easily layed out dip switches.....shockers use dip switches why didnt the Imp use em? oh i nkow cause they were in a hurry and wanted to produce a gun that would be low cost so they took out all the stuff you need for a flawless design and got rid of it so theyre pile of cash rolling in was twice as good but the gun sucked twice as much. Oh yea the Imp i played/friend had was a serial number in the 2000s maybe that makes a difference oh well his RAM snapped in half because SP forgot to put a LPR on the Imp, they shoulda learned from ICDs mistakes but now theyre mistakes are costing them. Anyways the bushy is far more reliable then an Imp
Old 06-14-2001, 01:04 AM #18
Reklats

Quote:
They don't have a *** dwell setting to screw with
It's called "timing". They do have a dwell setting, you just don't use it as much.

Quote:
shockers use dip switches why didnt the Imp use em?
All the shockers made after '99 don't use dipswitches. You dipswitch.

You don't know what your talking about. Well, whatever. 75% of clueless newbies prefer the bushmaster. Until it breaks.
Old 06-14-2001, 01:53 PM #19
Exilict

Exilict is a Supporting Member
Exilict is a founding member
Exilict donated to help Peyton Trent
Exilict plays in the APPA D5 division
"What actually makes a gun better"

Now I wasnt going to stick my nose into this conversation because I find it totally pointless, however it seems like its just going to go on and on and on. So maybe I can put a simple end to it.

Does How fast the gun shoot make it better?

A: No, it dosn't. Accuracy by volume is said kiddingly, yet still seems to work. I hear people claiming their 20-50 balls a second and just laugh. Face if, if you have a new 12v Your getting hit with the delay, and your NOT shooting a constant 10 balls a second.

Wich gun goes down more?

A: To be honest, my gun went down, I shoot an imp. I know alot of peoples who guns went down, from spyders to stingrays to cockers to angels. Luckly for me all I do is drive up the road to Smart Parts and they fix whatever is wrong with it. So to *ME* the impulse is much eaiser to do major repairs on if something goes wrong.

ACE vs LCD?

A: LCD = Liquid Crystal Display (I think) It is a DISPLAY! Now, I dunno about you guys but Im not usually looking at my gun while I am playing. Nor do I find the time to push any buttons to adjust the gun. ACE = Anti-Chop Eye, This is a VERY usefull feature on any gun. Lets face it, untill they can build a hopper fast enough we are going to chop paint. If your using a 12v, you are defentally chopping paint becaus of the poor design. YOU need to decide wich is more important to YOU
--------------------------------

Lets look at it this way. I remember about a month ago I showed up at the field bright and early like usuall. I saw a bunch of new faces, and along with the new faces alot of new guns. All of the guns were wallmart guns, for 40$ pumps to 200$ spyder imposters. They were all shooting brass eagle paint and were renting their masks, they obviously were new to this game.

I thought for sure this was going to be a easy win, the teams were umbalanced, 6 on 15, but there wasn't a whole lot of fear in my team. We were playing in the woods, center flag, and I more then anyone else knew I could make it down to the flag faster then they would move up to it. And I did just that, Grabbed the flag and my team ran down the right hand side to open the whole up for me. Some new kid went ALL of the way around our left side, came right up behind me, shot me ONE time with his talon RIGHT in the back. His cheap brass eagle paint REAKED when it broke. I dropped the flag, he picked it up and returned the same way he came through.

Here was me walking off the field, I was just some kids first kill, ME! Someone who has been playing for 8 years. *ME* the guy that plays 3 sometimes 4 days out of the week.

You should already know the moral to this story...

Make the decision for yourslef, go shoot the guns themselvs. You wouldnt buy a car or a pair of shoes w/o trying them out first would you???

-Chris

P.S. Sorry about the length
Old 06-14-2001, 11:41 PM #20
lordofchaos
Modernator

hmm, The ignorance in this post is smothering!
*points to dierwulfBL*

Ok, lets look at it this way...

Ease of disassembly.

This goes to the Impulse, by far, theres No LPR's to mess with, theres a quick disconnect between the board and the battery, and there are overall less peices.

Ease of use (out of the box)
With a bushy, you have to adjust the LPR, the input pressure, possibly the dwell settings (which are setup very stupidly, limiting the ROF of the gun and affecting the FPS at the same time) there and with older models, adjustable nitro was a MUST.

Imuplse, gas it up, set the pressure and adjust your dwell ONCE and your good to go, until you change one of the settings (ie Operationg pressure or dwell setting) So you could set the gun up once, and be good FOREVER.

ROF
The bm2k is stock limited to 13bps, The stock Impuls can reach BPS of up to 17, 19 with a vision board.

Has the most problems
The Bushy STILL breaks hammer rods, for whatever reason (user error, poor quality, etc) The triggers on Bm2k's have a tendancy to snap, because there shotty and too thin, The reg is a worthless POS, and the stock barrel is CRAP.

Impulse, Well, unless you break the dwell adjuster off, then you really wont have any problems with the new ones.

Yes, the earlier Impulses did have some problems, as did the 1st-3rd gen. Bm2k's, I cant think of a gun that doesnt.

This entire thread is stupid and pointless, and it's dierwulfBL's blatant idiocy thats got me posting this, because he's too stupid to understand things, and dosnt even know enough about his own gun (or atleast the gun he's defending) to provide an intellignet argument against it! Either you used that poor Impulse as a sex toy or a shover, or you just dont know how to work a good peice of equipment.

Thanks for playing, and better luck next time.

-Wes
Old 06-16-2001, 02:15 AM #21
dierwulfBL
Capt. Team BLOODLUST

someone is a stupid azz LORDOFCHAOS stupid focker ok first off......when you break down a bushy you DO NOT take out the LPR so theres a pretty stupid misconception you made. Second the dip switches DO NOT F.UCKING mess with the velocity. Stupid dip switch set-up no no no no matter what switches you have set the gun will fire flawlessly. that gaEy dwell setting on the imp can make your gun not fire at all WTF is up with that? oh and if you vapor your bushy you geta quick disconnect b/w the solenoid and board. when you get the gun you just connect an air source its all factory set so theres another misinformation you have given..... i hate newbies god theyre stupid i didnt have to set anything and i shot my gun for 6 months w/o touching anything my friend had to tweak his Imp everytime we played he missed the first 2 games of every day of play. Like i said he had serial 2000s so i dunno how much they changed. Oh and the dwell setting seemed to affect his BPS. bushy rams breaking still? last generation i heard of a ram breaking was a 2nd gen theyre up to 5th gens now if you dont know. but yes its all up to the person buying the gun to decide which they like...i would choose the bushy as would that newb we let shoot our guns for 2 games. any sensible person would choose the bushy. i mena hell i got 600 dollars i could buy an Imp but im not going to why? cause they arent worth much more then a rainmaker.
Closed Thread