Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-18-2008, 06:13 PM #274
starkc
ver d.3.1.0

Because the german government would like everyone to forget it happened. So Ironically, they police information and knowledge of the Nazi regime.

Mister, We Deal in Lead
Team Ragnarok
The thing that makes a man into a professional is the software.
"Here is my personal advice; be a man. Don't come down here expecting **** for free, don't feel it is your right to be treated well, and exercise some freaking integrity."
TSgt B. Murray
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2008, 06:18 PM #275
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
Well, this was my first year at ION playing for the allies. The beach assault was amazing for my first time in it, even if we got crushed there. The Allied plan for the pushes was very sloppy (attack left, then right, then up the middle?... why not focus on one side. The German plan was solid.

Everyone was expecting the opening the 101st would give us, but it never came, well done for the Germans taking them out.

The germans were better organized, better lead, and they kicked our butts this year. Hopefully the allies will learn from it and be better for next year. Either way I had a lot of fun.

As for the cheating.

1) I HATE the 'gun hits, lower leg hits, and lower arm hits don't count' rule. Way too much gray area, way too many people saying 'oh, yeah I wiped that off, but it was below my elbow, not above like you thought'... Ugh, it encourages cheating. Remove that crap and cheating will go down.

2) I was there for the reballs, and actually got hit with one (nice bruise on my shoulder). I don't blame any german generals, just the one ******* or idiot who brought them on the field. I'd even guess it wasn't on purpose, they were just digging in their bag and for some reason brought a pod of reballs. I can't see someone throwing that much money away.

3) Cheating is NOT okay in speedball. If you say it is, you're ruining that 'side' of our great sport by promoting it. Lame in the extreme is anyone who wipes, regardless of where it is. Yes I have played in many tournaments. No, I have not wiped nor as any member of my team to my knowledge.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:07 PM #276
lilmatt87

The other side of the coin

[quote=pcpcaptn27;49598608]
i do not understand why skirmish did not pause the game to allow time and safety in the care of those who were hurt, if it were my call that would have been the first thing done, also every player should have been checked. i do not care how difficult or how much time that would have taken, some type of effort to catch who did this should have been taken. the way injuries were handled personally gives me the impression that skirmish was more interested in keeping the game going and the players happy rather then the safety of those hurt.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Moving 2900 players does not happen just because you would like it to it has to be planned and nor can you get a field with said players safe in a short time. It took at least 15 mins to get players to stop shooting at the end of the game and they knew it was game over. It is safer and faster to place a wedge of judges between the player that needs help and the rest of the field as well as the shielded judges and the players that took the time to help. (By the way stand up move that )

2. a large amount of effort went into chasing down every rumor of Reballs or Marbles being shot. If you thought we were looking for paint every time think again .

3. Sorry you feel this way but as far as i saw Nixx,Rich and Paul made every effort to give a safe and exciting Event.

If you feel that strongly I,d be glad to lay down a challage to you. Come back next year play the weekend and if it didn,t get better i,ll flip for your entry is that a fair enough deal?

Proudly Sponsored by Tuthilltown Spirits. See more @ www.Tuthilltown.com
Old 07-18-2008, 07:09 PM #277
Capt. Malone
WANT SOME? COME GET SOME!

Capt. Malone is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthdoug View Post
Well, this was my first year at ION playing for the allies. The beach assault was amazing for my first time in it, even if we got crushed there. The Allied plan for the pushes was very sloppy (attack left, then right, then up the middle?... why not focus on one side. The German plan was solid.

Everyone was expecting the opening the 101st would give us, but it never came, well done for the Germans taking them out.

The germans were better organized, better lead, and they kicked our butts this year. Hopefully the allies will learn from it and be better for next year. Either way I had a lot of fun.

As for the cheating.

1) I HATE the 'gun hits, lower leg hits, and lower arm hits don't count' rule. Way too much gray area, way too many people saying 'oh, yeah I wiped that off, but it was below my elbow, not above like you thought'... Ugh, it encourages cheating. Remove that crap and cheating will go down.

2) I was there for the reballs, and actually got hit with one (nice bruise on my shoulder). I don't blame any german generals, just the one ******* or idiot who brought them on the field. I'd even guess it wasn't on purpose, they were just digging in their bag and for some reason brought a pod of reballs. I can't see someone throwing that much money away.

3) Cheating is NOT okay in speedball. If you say it is, you're ruining that 'side' of our great sport by promoting it. Lame in the extreme is anyone who wipes, regardless of where it is. Yes I have played in many tournaments. No, I have not wiped nor as any member of my team to my knowledge.
DING DING, We have a WINNER!!!
The smartest post in a while.
Find me at a game so I can shake your hand!!!
WOW, just when I thought it was all for nothing...
Old 07-18-2008, 07:27 PM #278
Splattttt

Not sure if it was reball or marble or what....but I got hit with something that wasn't a paintball twice in the same area on Sunday.And I was playing german.But I will say I saw the refs searching high and low and they were checking more hoppers than I 've ever seen them do.In fact they shut down a whole area by the german camp and searched everyone before they were allowed to leave.It sucks they have to go to such extreme measures at a "for fun" game.But let it be known there were allies shooting weird stuff also.Damn shame a couple ******** have to cause so much trouble.As for the german plan....this was the 1st year I was included in the "insiders" meeting and came away impressed by how serious these guys were.The "wall" we built at the beach was genious....and they knew excatly which props at the right time were gonna win the game for us.The beach asault?????and failure to take the beach at all was just gravy for these guys....I seriously think we've won even without those points.I know which side I'll play for from now on.It's no longer taboo to want to be a german at ION......

Pittsfiled,MA
Old 07-18-2008, 07:46 PM #279
Capt. Malone
WANT SOME? COME GET SOME!

Capt. Malone is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splattttt View Post
It sucks they have to go to such extreme measures at a "for fun" game.
HAHA, nice Pun...
But really, as much as "for fun" games can be, there are many teams that Play for more than that. This team does just that. Extreme Measures is getting to the field days before a game, being on the field first and the last to walk off while earning as many point as we can for a WIN.
Cheating is Cheating and is not a part of any game, no matter how accepted it may have become. When cheating becomes accepted at this game, I am DONE.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:16 AM #280
Team Predator
predator

Team Predator donated to help Peyton Trent
Team Predator is playing at Living Legends III
Team Predator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
To the german General,As i have said before, it was a pleasure doing battle with you guys.Just wanted to let you know, I am getting a list of Predators together to defend our win in the fall.Hopefully we can be as effective as we were at ion.We have also received an offer of immunity from war crimes if we take to the field with the allied forces in the fall.We have always and will always be fighters for the 3rd Reich.Will get back to you when i have an idea of how many will attend. (Captain of TEAM PREDATOR)