Community Focus

ReplyGold Ups

Old 07-01-2008, 07:28 AM #1
agurish
War Machine

agurish has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Mask Fans - Check this out!

Dear PBNationers... Here's what I'm offering:

I have developed a way to attach "off the shelf" fans from a supplier I am familiar with that move more air, and work better than most of your run of the mill mask fans that you can buy from the major manufacturers. I am offering my services to install these fans in the mask of your choice, or to sell the plans of how to do it yourself for a set price. Please either pm me or post in this thread if you are interested in my offer. The prices are as follows:

If you'd like just the information on how to do it, plus links to the fan manufacturer's website, etc, the price is $15. Doing it yourself will cost around 20$, and you must be able to use a soldering iron, and know a fair amount about electronics. (I did all the hard work already though, and I know my design works. Check the following pictures out:

*note - better pictures coming soon*

If you'd like me to install 1 fan into the mask of your choice, the cost is $25 plus shipping of your mask back to you. (You'd have to pay to ship your mask to me, unless you live locally in the Harrisburg, PA area).

If you'd like me to install 2 fans into your mask, the cost is $30 plus the same shipping terms as above.

If you'd like 3 fans or more (or more custom work done, like a remote battery source, or something else like this), the cost can be negotiated at the time of the request.

Please either post in this thread, or PM me for more information or to arrange a deal.

I monitor all my threads, and will attempt to respond within 18 hours of your post.

Sincerely,

-AGURISH
PBNation ID: "agurish"
PBReview ID: "agurish"
SpecOps ID: "agurish"

Team: The Exiled Souls #42
Death Before Dishonor #117
My Feedback
agurish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2008, 07:52 AM #2
agurish
War Machine

I am still watching this thread. Please post here, and then PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!

-AGURISH

My Feedback
Old 08-15-2008, 11:01 AM #3
agurish
War Machine

I will modify the design as per your specification (this is a custom mod, so you what you want is what you get, if it's within my power to provide).

I am negotiable on prices as well... I will only charge you what it costs me to produce the item plus a flat fee of $5.00 for my time. You pay only the actual shipping costs (no extra "handling" fees)

-AGURISH

My Feedback
Old 09-18-2008, 12:14 PM #4
agurish
War Machine

I have since modded my original mask to now use an external battery pack (still using 9 volts, but they are no longer inside the mask itself!). I have yet to field-test the design change, but I have a strong feeling that this design will be still-better than my previous one (being sturdier, and better put together, and more resistant to impacts). If you are interested in seeing the prototype "in action", please visit my "Sou'Cen PA Ballers" forum also here on PBNation for details as to where/when I will be playing.

Thanks for reading!

-AGURISH

My Feedback
Old 10-20-2008, 06:21 AM #5
agurish
War Machine

Well.... I was able to test my most recent mod of my mask this weekend, and let me tell you, it was a true test! Weather was "nice" in the sense that it wasn't raining, but it was cool-to-cold (low temp on Saturday was 39 degrees F, high temp was about 73 degrees F). First, the mask had to defeat fog created by my breath condensing on the inside of the mask... which it did handily. Then, as the day progressed, it had to combat the *normal* fogging that happens during rushes, and heavy breathing on the field. I took numerous hits, and the fans did too, but kept working... The external power pack made taking the mask off very easy, as I didn't have to worry about the batteries, and switches being in the way of my glasses when wearing the mask, nor did I have to worry about electrical shock, or anything like that as all wiring/etc is routed outside of the facial area, and then ultimately onto the outside of the mask. My current design uses 2 12-volt fans (in series), each rated at .05 amps, which is 50 milliamps (very low power draw). I use two 9 volt batteries (in series), to power the fans, and they are regular alkaline batteries rated at 150 mAh (milli-ampere-hours). At full draw 24v > 18v, the batteries should last 100+ hours, and they appeared to do so easily. Both fans ran at full rpm all day, with very low noise. Speech with people in normal tones while wearing the mask was very easy, and because the on/off switch is easy to reach, hearing players stalking up on you was easy as well. Again, I can mod nearly any mask with similar fans for roughly 25 to 35 dollars depending on what size fan, and how many you would like. The external power supply box is high-impact plastic, with a removeable cover. All electronics mount directly to the box itself (power jack & power switch), and I can make the external power supply hold more batteries as well (either 1, 2, 3, or even 4 batteries will fit easily inside, theoretically giving you the potential for 1 X 36 volts of electricity (in series) or 2 X 18 volts (in parallel). Please let me know if you are interested by dropping me a PM here on PBNation.

-AGURISH

My Feedback
Old 11-17-2008, 06:38 AM #6
agurish
War Machine

Well... It's officially the "off-season" here in PA. If anyone is interested in getting a mask modded, please either PM me here or email me (I'll give you my address via a PM).

Sincerely,

-AGURISH

My Feedback
Old 01-15-2009, 11:58 AM #7
agurish
War Machine

I'm still here, and I still mod masks! Winter is the perfect time to get your gear ready for next spring! I know I am! Either PM or email me if you're interested in having your mask modded with a couple of fans!

Sincerely,

-AGURISH

My Feedback
Old 02-11-2009, 06:21 AM #8
agurish
War Machine

Still here - still modding - PM or email me if you are interested!

Sincerely,

-AGURISH

My Feedback
Old 03-12-2009, 02:55 PM #9
agurish
War Machine

I recently modded another mask to have just one fan, and I finished field-testing it over the weekend last weekend. It worked perfectly. If you'd like more information, or perhaps would like to make the purchase of a mask-fan setup, please contact me via PM or by email. Thanks!

-AGURISH

My Feedback
Old 04-08-2009, 09:17 AM #10
agurish
War Machine

Ladies & Gents,

I still mod masks - I will be at Linglestown Paintball on 4/18 and 4/19, and EMR Paintball Park (Spring Castle Conquest) the last weekend in April. See you there!

-AGURISH

My Feedback
Old 04-28-2009, 02:41 PM #11
agurish
War Machine

Well, my mask-fan design held up excellently during the 4 hours of play (as a defender) in this years Spring Castle Conquest, up at EMR Paintball Park. If you'd like to have me mod your mask (after seeing/hearing mine up there) please either PM or email me. My current prices are as follows: 25$ plus shipping for 1 fan & power supply (installed), $35 plus shipping for 2.

Sincerely

Aaron "Huey" Gurish
Targets Of Unusual Size
2009 Castle Conquest Defenders

My Feedback
Old 05-13-2009, 07:51 AM #12
agurish
War Machine

To anyone actually interested in this item/service - this is a one-off, made-to-order item, and as such you will tend to get a higher quality, more durable finished product than you would if you purchased something retail. Also, I can change every aspect of the design to fit a specific application you'd like... For example, I'm currently working on a pair of goggles for someone that is into AirSoft, instead of paintball. The entire setup would be powered by a 9 volt battery that rides in a clip-on pack that attaches to the goggle-strap. If you are interested, but the above design doesn't fit your needs, please feel free to ask away... The worst thing I can say is that I can't do it.

Sincerely,

-AGURISH

My Feedback
Old 06-23-2009, 11:11 AM #13
agurish
War Machine

Everyone,

I'm still doing this for anyone that is interested. Please PM me for my contact information.

Thank you!

-AGURISH

My Feedback
Old 04-12-2010, 02:39 PM #14
agurish
War Machine

I still mod masks with my current design (which has now been heavily, and repeatedly tested) of fans. Please PM me for more information or to initiate commerce. Thanks!

-AGURISH

My Feedback
Old 04-14-2010, 05:23 AM #15
no1lowr

YOU STILL HAVENT POSTED ANY PICTURES OF YOUR mods SO TRY THAT, MAYBE SOMEONE WILL POST IN YOUR THREAD BESIDES YOU LOL
Old 04-14-2010, 02:44 PM #16
agurish
War Machine

Workin' on it - sorry....

Dear "no1lowr",

I'm sorry I'm not fast enough to post some pictures - but I mean... c'mon - how hard is it to picture this for yourself in your mind's eye? All you actually see of my current design is a black cord that looks like the one off your headphones sticking out of the bottom, or out of a vent in your mask. This cord even has the same kind of 1/8ths inch "mini-din" style connector on the end! Everything else is mounted out of sight, normally. The power supply is "remote" and is carried either in a pocket or on your vest/pod-pack - so there's not too much to see there, either. It looks like a plastic box with a metal toggle switch sticking out of it, and a hole that looks like an audio jack in the top, next to the switch. The box next to the switch has a label saying "on" and "off" written in sharpie marker. The fans themselves are DC "muffin" fans that I order directly from the manufacturer. Other than that, I use normal wires, and heat-shrink tubing to protect the wire connections from wear & tear. I also use small zip-ties to cinch everything down tight, and to prevent the wires from getting caught, or from getting pulled out.

Ultimately, there's nothing new that a picture would tell you. Everyone's masks are different, and I offer the customization that you cannot get from the mask manufacturers... I'm willing to put fans anywhere on your mask you feel they'd work best. Drop me a PM if you'd like to know more.

-AGURISH

My Feedback
ReplyGold Ups

Rules for Buy/Sell/Trade Forums
  1. Buy/Sell/Trade here on PbNation at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for any part of any transaction. Never send money or product before a deal is agreed to by both sides and full contact information is exchanged and verified. Do not rely on PM's. If the other party is unwilling to share contact information, then don't deal with them. Please read more B/S/T tips here.
  2. If you feel that you could offer a better deal, then make a new thread in the correct forum with your ad. Never post your item in another user's thread and ruin their chances at selling their gear. Do not post negative comments about someone else's item for sale even about their price.
  3. No flaming at all. Please be polite to both the seller and potential buyers. If you donít like something being sold or the price the seller is asking, go to another thread and simply donít post in theirs. Sellers also have an obligation to be polite to users who post in the thread. If it is a scam or violates our rules, report the post and specify in detail what is improper.
  4. We recommend you always check for new and old PbN feedback as well as the Theft Report Forum before considering any deal here.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins section. Please read and follow the complete Terms of Service and the complete B/S/T Rules as well. Most B/S/T questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ.