Community Focus

Old 06-28-2008, 08:07 PM #1
protokid72
BURR

protokid72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
protokid72 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
protokid72 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i have a little problem

alright. my field has a policy that on the first goggle lift, its a warning. on the second, you sit a game. and on the third, youre done for the day. all the staff agree on this, but we dont enforce it, ill admitt that i dont either. every once in a while we will have someone that continually lifts. but the most we do is warn them. i really, REALLY dont want to have to make someone not play, but i really,REALLY dont want someone to get their eye/s shot out while i am reffing.

i know that if we start enforcing it in one day there will be a handfull of people sitting out, and that will lead to un happy customers. i just dont know what to do.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2008, 11:37 PM #2
MiLLz
NPPL Ground Ninja #2

MiLLz is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
MiLLz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MiLLz supports Team VICIOUS
You are actually doing a great disservice to your customers by not enforcing the safety rules! To know that safety is enforced gives rental players a sense of security that they will remember. They will also remember if you are NOT enforcing the rules. Sit those problem players out and if it is a handful, so be it. Everyone will respect your actions and hopefully will in the future help remind other players to keep their masks down. Customers that leave with vision intact are all possible repeat customers! If it ends up that they leave unhappy (unlikely), remember that at the very least, they have paid already.

Last edited by MiLLz : 06-28-2008 at 11:39 PM.
MiLLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:50 PM #3
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

You gotta sit them down, they're a safety risk.

We're even more strict at our field, once and you sit, twice and you're done. We very rarely get people lifting their mask, but once they do, 95% of the time they never do it again. I've only seen like three people have to sit out for the entire day.

It sucks making someone have to sit down, but it needs to be done.

Think of it like this, if they're dumb enough to keep on lifting their mask you're doing them a favor by allowing them to keep their eye sight. Definitely don't tell them that though, haha.

Last edited by Milky Spore : 06-28-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Milky Spore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:51 AM #4
lamorte
mod a la mode

Annual Supporting Member
lamorte is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
lamorte donated to help Peyton Trent
lamorte supports our troops
Arrow

why even bother to make rules if you don't enforce them? sounds like you've let the laxed enforcement trickle in to the point where you feel guilty if you actually enforce the rules because someone might roll their eyes at you. think of it this way, would you feel worse if someone lost their vision or rolled their eyes at you? at least the second choice they still have eyes to roll.

✩☾ habitually nocturnal ☾✩
lamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:07 AM #5
protokid72
BURR

protokid72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
protokid72 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
protokid72 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
alright thanks guys i will definatly start enforcing this rule.

im sure you guys are like"well this ref is a *******"

well come to think of it in the situation, yes, i was. the bad thing is that few refs at my field do. i mean if someone is constantly lifting, yeah im gonna sit them.

thanks though.