Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-28-2013, 08:27 PM #1
Invertkid44

Invertkid44 supports Team VICIOUS
V1 Vic Supercharged Issue

Hey guys so I have a supercharged V1 Vic with Tadao OLED and some other ups.

I am running a Ninja Pro Reg at 550 output (1 shim) and when I air it up all seals fine, but when you pull the trigger the bolt cycles but a lot slower then it should be. I have a pressure tester coming in the mail to check the input pressures of the LPR and HPR.

The previous owner told me he was running mid/high pressure with it with no issues. I looked up the manual online and followed the steps how to reset pressures to factory without a tester or at least close enough.

Degased the gun, set HPR to flush with reg. then turn LPR in until you feel some resistance. Then back the LPR out 1 1/2 turns. Then air it up and turn HPR in until air flows to the reg, followed by one more complete turn. And then from here you would chrono to the desired FPS need be.

After doing so the gun fired a few shots at what seemed like a faster cycle that would actually shoot paint. But when going to turn the HPR in to up the pressure (mind you 1/16 of a turn at a time) it went back to half speed or so and balls just roll out the barrel.

Looking for suggestions on what else this can be and I will be setting pressures once I receive my tester this week or early next.

I do not know Bob longs well so please bare with me and I will do my best to understand any suggestions.

EDIT

Forgot to add I have cleaned the engine, relubed and also tried a fresh battery
Invertkid44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:31 PM #2
specopsdeath2
(ノ_)ノ_

Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 plays in the APPA D3 division
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Take all the shims out of the ninja reg. Vics need LP. Doesnt matter what the old owner was doing, he is lucky he did not blow any seals. Many people have been able to run HP, true, but I would not run the risk myself.

Glad you are getting a pressure tester, thatll set you straight for sure. What you are experiencing is the pressures being completely off, so the gun is not performing at all. There is a sweetspotting method for marqs...granted it is not very accurate comparing it to the Timmy sweetspotting. I wouldnt mess with it too much until you get your tester. If you can borrow one real quick before yours comes in, that would be extremely beneficial.
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:33 PM #3
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Wait for your tester then set them to 70/180. That should ball park you.

The way the marq engine works it can be hard to sweet spot.

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:07 PM #4
Invertkid44

Thanks guys, will do. Also wanted to ask, it has what I believe is a Tadao OLED and I'm pretty sure the eyes are not working properly but when I turn them off to fire and walk the trigger a bit when I had it cycling more up to par when i let go of the trigger it would continue to shoot until I pulled it again. I assume this is just a badly setup trigger because it's only on higher speeds it's being pulled so in PSP it would almost surely be no issue but just want to chime in.

One more thing there is a small black ring inside the bolt face, for some reason I think it's called a doughnut but again I don't know much about Bob Longs. It's chipped and definitely beat up, will this affect the shot in any way you may know or will I have to fire it to test it out?

I will run no shims also when I take it to the field to get it set properly and will be reading the stickies on how to sweet spot it best I can. Never really been much of a tinkerer with tuning and such but I would like to have her shooting ropes so I can get a couple more bucks out of it then I'm asking and on the plus side it's always easier to sell a shooting marker.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:20 PM #5
p8ntballr68059
SOG Leprechaun Post Whore

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invertkid44 View Post
Thanks guys, will do. Also wanted to ask, it has what I believe is a Tadao OLED and I'm pretty sure the eyes are not working properly but when I turn them off to fire and walk the trigger a bit when I had it cycling more up to par when i let go of the trigger it would continue to shoot until I pulled it again. I assume this is just a badly setup trigger because it's only on higher speeds it's being pulled so in PSP it would almost surely be no issue but just want to chime in.

One more thing there is a small black ring inside the bolt face, for some reason I think it's called a doughnut but again I don't know much about Bob Longs. It's chipped and definitely beat up, will this affect the shot in any way you may know or will I have to fire it to test it out?

I will run no shims also when I take it to the field to get it set properly and will be reading the stickies on how to sweet spot it best I can. Never really been much of a tinkerer with tuning and such but I would like to have her shooting ropes so I can get a couple more bucks out of it then I'm asking and on the plus side it's always easier to sell a shooting marker.

Thanks guys.
There shouldn't be an oring inside the bolt that is a pillow for the bolt making it shoot brittle paint much better.
Did you heck the battery yet it can cause eyes to act funny as well as cycling issues
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Luxe,V1 Victory,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:23 AM #6
Invertkid44

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballr68059 View Post
There shouldn't be an oring inside the bolt that is a pillow for the bolt making it shoot brittle paint much better.
Did you heck the battery yet it can cause eyes to act funny as well as cycling issues
Yes I mentioned it in the original post in my edit. Thanks though I will keep you guys updated thanks for all your help!

Also I didn't mean oring in the bolt I just wasn't sure what to call it but the pillow makes sense considering it's a pillow bolt. Sorry for the confusion. The pillow is damaged though will it play a major factor in the shot or will I have to wait until I shoot it to find out

Last edited by Invertkid44 : 10-30-2013 at 08:28 AM.