Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-23-2008, 10:53 PM #1
kngai

Dummy 12g CO2 on Zeus G2+ without having to drill/cut the gun?

I'm looking for a dummy 12g CO2 that fits into the Zeus G2+ AND DOES NOT requires me to cut the gun or drill any holes to feed a macro line through. Is there such a dummy CO2 where a macroline can be fed through where the side holes are?

Reason I'm asking is because I don't like the bulky bottom-line for the gun as:
1.) I can't easily slide the gun into my holster (without unvelcro-ing the strap to allow the bottom line to pass through). I use an Ariakon Holster if you're wondering.
2.) Adding a bottom line to a pistol doesn't make it look like a pistol.

My mod idea is to run a macroline from where the dummy CO2 is, along the side of the gun, connected to an ASA held by a scope ring (attached on the side as well), and then run a remote line through that. I actually made a homemade dummy 12g CO2 using parts found from your local hardware store, but it leaks where my home-made dummy connects to the puncture pin of the gun so I gave up on it. Here is what I mean, similar to this picture, except where the line runs along the side and the ASA is also attached to the side of the gun:
http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=1058339

I adopted this idea from AgentSmith in the Warsensor forums. He runs a macroline from his dummy (homemade dummy) and to an ASA just below it (held by a scope ring). He then attached a small 45gram CO2 tank.

Any ideas or input would be great.

Last edited by kngai : 06-09-2009 at 03:19 AM.
kngai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2008, 09:22 AM #2
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
What you have in the picture there is actually a more complicated version of the standard bottomline setup.

The Dummy 12 grams are available on Palmer's website, which is probably where the one in that picture is from.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:29 PM #3
kngai

I actually am trying to mimic that complicated setup of the bottomline, except my ASA and macroline will run along the side of the gun, not to the bottom of the grip. I have all the right tools needed. All I'm missing is the right fitting of a dummy 12gram.

The female hole on that Palmers 12g dummy is actually a little too short on a Zeus G2+ (unless I'm wrong), so it would be concealed within the 12g chamber of the gun.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:07 AM #4
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
If you call them and ask for one to be made for a G2, or to move the hole a little bit, they will probably help you out.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:45 PM #5
kngai

Thanks. I just emailed them about making a custom dummy 12gram. Hopefully they can make it, especially with my effort of making this diagram for better understanding

Old 07-02-2008, 05:34 PM #6
pizzaluvr

Put a scope ring on the side rails, then put a duckbill in said scope ring. Or if there was a dovetail rail somewhere you could just put a dovetail ASA on it. You could probably find another mounting place and just put a male QD on that as well.
pizzaluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:12 PM #7
AUTOMAGOMATIC

5 minute on the lathe and i'll have one..lol
AUTOMAGOMATIC is offline   Reply With Quote