Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-17-2010, 06:26 PM #1
SundownBruh

Ion Cleaning D:

Ok, I've had my ion for about a month and had my friend clean it little did i know that after yesterday pb'ing i came home and was like...****, I DONT KNOW HOW TO CLEAN THIS MARKER!

So i looked on videos online and was helpful but this one idiot broke the eyes and battier cords and bunch of wires and now i have a fear of doing soo.

So if anyone has a way of doing this but not have to break wires and then skull **** myself then that would be cool.
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2010, 06:32 PM #2
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

Be gentle?
Old 03-17-2010, 06:33 PM #3
zade08
Mr. Murknasti

Be gentle with it. I just got mine a few weeks ago and Iv had it apart about 10x adding all the upgrades. First off. Disconect the regulator hose and unscrew it. Next take off the grip. Carefully unplug the battery. Then take off the barrel. Now your going to have 3 screws to take out. One under the trigger housing, another at the back of the gun and the last near where the barrel screws in on top. After youv dont that. Gently push up on the board while holding the gun breach. Slide it up about one inch. The use an allen key and undo the banjo fitting from the frame. Finish sliding the board the rest of the way out of the trigger frame. Then undo the other two banjo fittings from the breach and unplug the eyes. Slide the body off and now you can go ahead and unscrew your breach from the firing canister to clean the bolt and everything. Just leave the eyes in the breach and DONT WET IT.

Hope that helps man. Good luck.

Last edited by zade08 : 03-17-2010 at 06:36 PM.
zade08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:34 PM #4
SundownBruh

I guess..but this dude just opened it and pow all this stuff snapped and i Laughed....hard

But now i have a phobia for cleaning my ****ing marker now...thanks
Old 03-17-2010, 06:35 PM #5
SundownBruh

Ok thanks zade ill try and do it right now...god help me.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:36 PM #6
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

Push up on the bottom of the board when you remove it, and after that unplug the eyes, everything else from then on is child's play.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:38 PM #7
zade08
Mr. Murknasti

I actually broke my power lead loose from the board last night and spent a good half hour soldering the bastard back on with a crappy pen solderer. Lol. In other words be super careful with the board.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:45 PM #8
SundownBruh

Ok sweet, nothing broke and i got the gun cleaned and lubed...
Thanks again guys

hey and btw zane i saw you thread on you ion and saw the pic...sexy

I got a new body kit and a 48ci/4500 hpa tank coming in so its gonna be a super light gun..and light tank so it'll be easier to move around
Old 03-17-2010, 06:51 PM #9
zade08
Mr. Murknasti

Thanks man. I actually picked up a mint all stock black ion and a crossfire 68/3000 tank with dye cover for 150 on craigslist. I think I got a pretty good deal. Im in love with this gone now tho. lol I almost bought a stock invert mini until I found this one. Im a big guy (6'1") so I like a little bit of weight to my gun.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:48 AM #10
cbomber220

cbomber220 helped look for balloons
in the future be careful of the battery wires, don't let them get caught between the board and frame when you are putting it back together. i've seen it happen numerous times. also be careful of the eye wires......other then that its like any other gun, just take your time till you get the hang of it. and don't be afraid to just take it apart for the fun of it.....its honestly the best way to learn to maintain markers.

Utica Coalition
Henrietta Headshot Milita

Gearbag Sale, Lots of Random stuff you don't want....you need!
cbomber220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:41 PM #11
Anthrax85
They call me Stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zade08 View Post
I actually broke my power lead loose from the board last night and spent a good half hour soldering the bastard back on with a crappy pen solderer. Lol. In other words be super careful with the board.
My power connector on the Virtue board breaks every time I change the battery.. =p

ASE certified auto technician. Honda motorcycle certified. Ford certified. Currently a custom motorcycle tech.
Anthrax85 is offline   Reply With Quote