Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-20-2008, 09:48 PM #1
Ion6666

Marqs?

Alrighty, im getting a little bored with my shocker nxt, and i decided i wanted to make a custom marker. Im kinda new to bob long, but i really like the look of the marq 6s. Now would this be a upgrade from my nxt? I have 1500 dollars i need to waste and i really like the look of marqs. I also kinda want a nice milling(smooth) so i can anodize it with a picture of my friend who passed away. also, is it pretty good out of the box? I got halos and 68/4500 tank w/ maxflo so im good to go. Looking into getting a bob long gun so make any sudgestions (marqs, rapper) on what to get.

Thanks,

Nick
Ion6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:58 PM #2
IgnoranceInABag

Annual Supporting Member
IgnoranceInABag plays in the PSP
IgnoranceInABag plays in the APPA D2 division
marq with pillow. you can get 4 eyes but it isnt REALLY necessary. and yes, it is a major upgrade from the shocker
Old 06-20-2008, 10:08 PM #3
JasonG
Serious Business

has been a member for 10 years
JasonG has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would get a rapper if you want a graphic anno they have a little smoother body line so it might look better. They are really good out of the box. If i had 1500 to spend I would go all out with a HE engine and Yakuza board other than that honestly theres not much to upgrade.
Just as iron sharpens iron, one man must sharpen the other. Proverbs 27:17

Paintball is Good
THE place to play in Alabama!
PM tim2thousand4 for all your Bob Long needs!
www.breakoutactionsports.com
JasonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:18 PM #4
Caff3in3

Okay, just my personal opinion - stock Marq 6 kills a stock Shocker NXT and the Marq 6 is cheaper.

Marq 6 has
  • Better bolt. The pillow bolt is now standard on all newer Marqs.
  • Better HPR. Easier to service.
  • Currently best feedneck to be found anywhere.
  • Better board. It's not the Tadao, but the Frenzy 3.0 > stock Shocker.
  • Compatible with the 4C eye upgrade.

Personally, I think the 4C is unnecessary, but it's extra tech bling if you're into that stuff.

1500 to waste? Okay, well why not go for the Closer? It's the top of the line Marq and comes with the 2 piece barrel, Tadao board (Musashi 8 software), and the 4C eye system.

If I had 1500, well I'd waste it this way.
  • Marq Rapper - Same as the 6 and 7 internally. I just like the milling better on the Rapper.
  • Tadao Yakuza OLED board.
  • Still lots of money leftover for other upgrades
Caff3in3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:38 PM #5
TcJayLee
Don't Judge Me Monkey....

This is a big jump. Pretty much as the same difference as black and white. If you have 1500 dollars to waste, I would go with a Closer, or a Russian. And 4ceyes should be necessary when buying a marq. These two already come equipped with 4ceyes along with a few other goodies like asa, pillow bolt, and tadao board. The milling on both of these guns are pretty sleek and sexy if you ask me.

Hey Ignorance in a bag, I actually posted something that has to do with the post!
Zach Long Fan #1
Oakland Blast Fan #30
www.BobLongDirect.com
Big Ups to Delta Paintball, Concord CA (925) 685-7141
www.Deltapaintball.net
TcJayLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:46 PM #6
Ion6666

that helps alot, but why is there such a wierd long range price between them all if there very similar? besides the board
Ion6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:56 PM #7
IgnoranceInABag

Annual Supporting Member
im so proud of you lee but the RL marq isnt exactly smooth.... it is comparable to the DARQ. and bob made less of the more expensive ones.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:15 AM #8
SpeedyTugboat

id just get a marq 6 have it custom milled, so its real smooth and light, and get your buddy tatooed on to it, after you get it annoed of course

i would buy the engine with pillow bolt, a violent series trigger, yakuza board, and your personal favorite barrel/barrel kit for a start
SpeedyTugboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:32 AM #9
TcJayLee
Don't Judge Me Monkey....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion6666 View Post
that helps alot, but why is there such a wierd long range price between them all if there very similar? besides the board
Time, year made, and upgrades. Upgrades such as asa's, mother boards, lever necks, little extras that kinda make the marker a little better. But you know your not gonna pay the same if a new version comes out. thats just business. The marq 6, 7, and the edge are damn near identical, only difference is millings and production amounts. your not going to pay the same amount for each gun because each are specific in their own way. The closer, russian, are like and enhanced version with all new technologies and that little extra that they put in to make a better version of the marqs.
Zach Long Fan #1
Oakland Blast Fan #30
www.BobLongDirect.com
Big Ups to Delta Paintball, Concord CA (925) 685-7141
www.Deltapaintball.net

Last edited by TcJayLee : 06-21-2008 at 12:34 AM.
TcJayLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:50 AM #10
IgnoranceInABag

Annual Supporting Member
forgot the rapper with the 6 7 and edge, they all came bone stock (no pillow, no 4 eyes)
Old 06-21-2008, 01:58 AM #11
OrionOmen (Banned)
Evil Omen- My First Gun

I love my Rapper. I personally like the Rapper milling better than any of the others. The Closer is my second favorite. Definitely get a Marq. I promise you'll love it.
OrionOmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:27 PM #12
boblongguru
SiKwItIt

lol just buy mine.

OringMonkey, Almost Famous, 1904 Photography, APX Paint, RazaLife.com, PosoPaintball

Dye Navy/Blk Ultralite pants M/Large
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4039468
boblongguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:37 AM #13
daworm
Ducks.

daworm is for the Gunfight
marq is a definite upgrade from a shocker
if you have the money the best marq in the series is the closer, it comes with a ruijin board and other upgrades
daworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:40 PM #14
the_pb_pirate
Dustin

the_pb_pirate is an NCPA player
I came from an nxt shocker to a marq7 and i couldn't be happier. Whatever marq you get you won't be dissapionted. With that said i would definatly get a closer in your situation because it comes with all the upgrades stock and once broken in you can run the dwel lower than the other marqs.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:30 PM #15
FTW PAINTBALL

The shop team, Takeover, uses NXT's, Rappers, and LUXE. The LUXE is cool enough but for outright owning kids you have to go with the Rapper. All the guns are good if maintained and cared for.

If you are going to get a custom anodized job do not buy any finished gun.
I have purchased unfinished guns (unassembled) to have custom annos. The price is the same as the finished product but it produces a better anno job.
Either email me or go to your local Bob Long Dealer to order a Rapper unfinished.

Large 300 piece o-ring kits available
FTW PAINTBALL is offline   Reply With Quote