PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-12-2008, 08:56 AM #43
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainerKEN View Post
okay, ya know how the ones on Save Phace's site... you can see there's something you press (on the side) to release or take the lens off? Well, instead of that button or tab, it's a screw... it looked like you would need a flathead screwdriver to losen. other than that... the masks they had at this airsoft store were ALL exactly the same as Save Phace's... again down to the various different camo pattern... the way it comes up over your forehead etc. etc.... EVERYTHING. The store is call Toylet (I know, what a name, huh?), literally half the store is Anime stuff, and the other half is airsoft... I went to their website, but it's ALL Anime.

I just don't see why a mask could be acceptable for Airsoft and not for paintballing
This mask you are describing is NOT a Save Phace Mask and the reason that it can not be used for paintball is probably because it has not passed the safety standards of ASTM for paintball. We've heard about this mask and it is not safe for paintball as the lenses crack very easily. It is basically a knock off of our SUM (sport utility mask) with screws to hold the lens in.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2008, 08:52 PM #44
SFC_V

I appreciate all of the advice on the condensation as I have had problems with it. It was upsetting as I had problems at D-day and one game since. I will try removing the headshield as I already tried ordering a thermal lense and still had condensation. I hope removing the headshield solves the problem as I never had a problem with my $30 Proto EL Switch mask with thermals, but have with a $65 mask, plus more money on thermals.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:11 PM #45
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

has been a member for 10 years
Everyone sweats differently and condensation is very hard to stop for some. I believe it's less the mask and more the person and outdoor conditions.

Water vapor will only condense onto another surface when the temperature of that surface is cooler than the temperature of the water vapor.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:04 PM #46
theBill

posting reviews

i have a generla question about posting reviews of the SP masks.

should i post here in this thread, or should i use the sposered team threads???

or, should i start a whole new thread for my "specific" review..???

hope i didnt highjack this thread, but not sure where i needed to post.

theBill
Old 09-03-2008, 08:57 PM #47
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
best to make your own thread.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:39 PM #48
theBill

okeydokey

thanks for the info, will do...
Old 09-08-2008, 04:11 PM #49
EZbunker

has been a member for 10 years
for those experiencing condensation and/or fogging in whatever mask they wear, there's a little thing called 'stick anti-perspirant.

Buy some. Not a deoderant - anti-perspirant. Most folks use it on their underarms, you'll be putting some on your forehead, cheeks and across the bridge of your nose.

Make sure it's skin-safe first.

If that doesn't work for you, stop breathing out of your mouth...