Community Focus

Old 07-17-2008, 02:23 PM #22
schuby

schuby owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
schuby is an NCPA player
schuby plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
the ONLY mask that wasnt condensing on me, was proflexes... my grillz did it, my profilers did it, my invisions did it, my flex 8's did it, my proteus did it, my save phace did it...

the foam was snapped in correctly...

you can see my pictures above, i know how to wear the mask, and i also showed the people there how to wear it, and everyone it DIDNT fit correctly, complained about the nose issue. The younger kids who tried it on, said it felt comfy, but cheap...

I set out to make an unbiased review... this review is completely unbiased... i wanted to give them a real chance, and ill even have it at NPPL buffalo this weekend to let people try it out... but i get the feeling from some of you guys as well as some of the SP reps... that im somehow in the wrong by posting an honest review of my experience with a SavePhace mask.
I looked at your pics, and you may still be wearing it a bit high on your face. I mean, it really does go down pretty far. Maybe I'm wrong, but the thing is I had the same problem when I first put it on. My nose was constricted. Then my team captain told me to move it down an inch or two, and it was a lot better. I don't know, I'm not trying to get into an argument here, but it does look like its a little high from the pics.

Also, I have a few thoughts on your review, and our response to it. I think that maybe the reason we are questioning your review(and I know I am too) is that, if you read a lot of the reviews on the SP masks, they are very good. I know for a fact my experience has been excellent, and I have had zero problems with the mask. So for me, the reason I am asking questions(which is probably why you feel that we feel you're in the "wrong") is because my experience was so different from yours. I really am not trying to attack you, just trying to help your problems so that you can get some good playing in with this mask.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:49 PM #23
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
Like I said, I'm open to try different things... but it doesnt change the original review... as of right now, im dropping SavePhace as a sponsor, because I cannot support an item that did not perform well, if at all...

If you have a GOOD review and experience with them, thats great! im not disputing anyones good reviews or experiences... im simply offering mine.

its also funny to notice that no one had a bad thing to say from the initial review... but once i drop SavePhace from the sponsor line in my sig, and post the playing review, everyone comes out of the woodworks to defend it.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:44 PM #24
Eliangonzalez

Quote:
Like I said, I'm open to try different things... but it doesnt change the original review... as of right now, im dropping SavePhace as a sponsor, because I cannot support an item that did not perform well, if at all...

If you have a GOOD review and experience with them, thats great! im not disputing anyones good reviews or experiences... im simply offering mine.

its also funny to notice that no one had a bad thing to say from the initial review... but once i drop SavePhace from the sponsor line in my sig, and post the playing review, everyone comes out of the woodworks to defend it.
Hell yeah.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:50 PM #25
schuby

schuby is an NCPA player
Quote:

Well, as I said...thats cause in the initial review, all the people who gave the masks good reviews agreed with you, because thats what they thought when they first got their masks. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "comes out of the woodworks." All the people that responded after you posted your playing review are sponsored Save Phace players, who post plenty in these forums, who obviously would want to make sure you were doing everything possible to wear the mask right and have a good experience with it.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:02 PM #26
Grip-n-Rip
Save Phace Rep

Perfect example on how NOT to handle Sponsorships...

1st of all I really appreciate your honest unbiased opinion...

As I've said before our mask is designed to fit 96% of the world's population. So it will fit most, but not all. Also, before we designed our mask we looked through hundreds of magazines and we kept hearing; "we want a low profile mask". We asked over 600 Ballers, "what about your jaw line and ear lobes?". Their answers were; "the mask we wear now barely if at all cover the lower jaw line and ear lobes. For example the August issue of PB2X Mag and on pages; 11-the guys ear is exposed, 53 the far right side, his entire jaw line is exposed, pg 65-dido, pg 71-bottom right hand pic-OMG you can see his jaw line, ear and the bottom 1" of his mouth, pg. 85 another great pic of his jaw line and ear lobe being exposed... So we designed our mask to give you a low profile and if you wear it correctly, it gives you just as much protection as others,,, but with a lower profile...

My point is and my advice to anyone out there that ever wants to get a Sponsorship; IF you ever become a "Sponsored" Player, before you go off on your Sponsor on a Public Forum it is always a good idea and mostly the PROFESSIONAL way to handle it is to call your Sponsor, not drop your Sponsorship on a public forum... This is just unprofessional and not something that any Manufacturer wants to see or hear about on a Public forum.

You did a good job on the review, but did a very unprofessional way of handling it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I nor my V.P nor Customer Service Reps never heard from you or talked to you. In the future, you might call your Sponsor and talk to them... This will only help your Rep and improve your chance of getting more sponsors, instead of scaring them away.

For the record, again, some people LOVE our mask and some people don't. That is ok with us, we are in 39 Countries now... and the V2 will blow your minds...
Old 07-18-2008, 04:25 PM #27
paintman161

has been a member for 10 years
I agree with NoelyDeezNutz, he tried a product and it didn't work for him correctly the first time, there shoudn't be a science to wearing a mask, they only need to do three thing, 1. protect your face and eyeballs, 2. never fog or blur your vision, 3. feel comfortable. Just because the guy has the balls to come out and say what he was thinking, without calling the company just to complain about it to them he is telling the people who actually buy the products, we need more honest and down to earth opinions like this one!

Old 07-18-2008, 05:25 PM #28
schuby

schuby is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman161 View Post
I agree with NoelyDeezNutz, he tried a product and it didn't work for him correctly the first time, there shoudn't be a science to wearing a mask, they only need to do three thing, 1. protect your face and eyeballs, 2. never fog or blur your vision, 3. feel comfortable. Just because the guy has the balls to come out and say what he was thinking, without calling the company just to complain about it to them he is telling the people who actually buy the products, we need more honest and down to earth opinions like this one!
I love how no one ever believes that a good review is honest and unbiased. Go read mine, its completely truthful. I mean, you didn't post this in my review thread. Why not?

And I agree with Grip...not handled very professionally Noely. As I said about six times in my posts...use a phone. Tell them your problems. Its not nearly as difficult as posting on here five or six times.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:08 PM #29
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

has been a member for 10 years
My response was a mix of my experiences and a way to help with the nose issue. Honestly I didn't even notice that you took SP off of your sig. How you treated Save Phace and your previous sponsorship with them is between you and them....
Old 07-19-2008, 12:18 AM #30
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

I play paintball at the level I do, without many sponsors... because I can afford it, and the gear I use is the gear I CHOOSE to use... I was offered a mask sponsorship through SavePhace, and figured "Hey, why not? I can get a discount on a new mask, give the best review I can, and its another name to add to the list of sponsors"

Now, calling the company would not have changed my views on the mask... because the company isn't the issue here... The mask is.

4 people out of 20 who tried it on so far, felt it was not constrictive, comfy, doesn't expose too much.
That's not a 96% "success" rate (granted, its small scale, but it is still valid)

As for being unprofessional, save phace has 0 room to speak about being unprofessional, when the owner of the company openly uses foul language as well as bad mouthing other companies in various conference calls.

Like I stated, I have a gear sponsor as well as a finacial backer for myself as a player and my teams that I play with... so my sponsorships that I do have, actually mean something... I am actively promoting their stores/products because I support them and use them... not because I got good deals on them...or because they offered a sponsorship... but because it truly is a 2 way road...

We help each other out, which is the whole point of sponsorships... for BOTH parties to benefit from it...

SavePhace did very little (if any at all) promoting of myself/my team, or any other team for that matter...
$20 off a mask that won't ever get used in my arsenal of gear, and no promotion... looks like a 1 way street.

Jerry, before you come onto a forum and bash a player for giving an honest review and dropping you as a sponsor, publicly... think about how your posts make people view YOU and YOUR company.

I can survive without a SavePhace sponsorship... but a bad review can hurt you guys a lot more.

Enjoy!

Last edited by NoelyDeezNutz : 07-20-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:47 AM #31
s3sixshot
Team Nefarious

The warlord mask is very comfortable to me our team just got sponsored by save phace
Old 07-20-2008, 08:25 PM #32
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Glad you enjoy it!

Everyone has different experiences... and if you have a good one, great, if not, too bad... either way, post up a review and share your experiences...
Old 08-01-2008, 12:36 AM #33
ninjawithmini

mine fits good but i think they do look cheap up close and cheaply made to but my grillz is better
Old 08-07-2008, 06:12 PM #34
akara13
South West PB

akara13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
akara13 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
akara13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Noely I think you did a good review, the fact that you let others try on the mask and get their opinion is great. I have had the breathing issue and had to adjust my mask on the field, just simply moved it around a bit. I have had others try it on and got their opinion, similar results a few did not like the hard plastic cause they worried about the "bounce", understandable. I have not had anyone say that they could not breathe through their nose though I have had that problem. Never had a fog issue but have had condensation on the outside of the lens, we were playing at night and it was very humid, just wiped the lens with a micro cloth and carried on. overall good unbiased review.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:07 AM #35
trainerKEN

trainerKEN owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
a quick question regarding save phace masks.... the actual mask... is it pretty flexible? or firm? the reason why I ask is... I walked into a store today, not knowing that they only carry airsoft stuff... but noticed that they also sell masks... I've never actually seen a Save Phace mask in person before... but saw some there (at this airsoft store) that look exactly like them... but when I held it, the mask wasn't very flexible like... say a profiler or grillz... Here's the kicker... they're selling them for $40!!! One of the mask was a bit scuffed and the guy told me that he'd knock $5-$10 off if I wanted it... I asked him what brand it was, and he didn't know So, I'm just wondering because if they are indeed Save Phace masks... I'm going back to get it tomorrow... I can care less if that one is a little scuffed up... it's going to happen sooner or later anyway....
Old 08-09-2008, 12:43 AM #36
schuby

schuby is an NCPA player
No, its not flexible at all. Its a hard shelled mask. So it could have been a Save Phace mask. Look on their website, look at all the designs, and see if one looks familiar.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:00 AM #37
trainerKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuby View Post
No, its not flexible at all. Its a hard shelled mask. So it could have been a Save Phace mask. Look on their website, look at all the designs, and see if one looks familiar.
I looked at the pictures in the website and it's exactly the same even down to the color coordination of the ACU pattern, BUT... the way you insert the lens into the mask is different... was there ever an older version with different inserts? perhaps they improved it? and the store was carrying the older version?

Last edited by trainerKEN : 08-09-2008 at 03:09 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:09 AM #38
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

there is the paintball version, and there is their boating version. (which is NOT made to play paintball AT ALL!!!)
Old 08-09-2008, 12:13 PM #39
trainerKEN

Quote:
there is the paintball version, and there is their boating version. (which is NOT made to play paintball AT ALL!!!)
Oh.... okay, thanks...
Old 08-11-2008, 08:53 AM #40
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainerKEN View Post
I looked at the pictures in the website and it's exactly the same even down to the color coordination of the ACU pattern, BUT... the way you insert the lens into the mask is different... was there ever an older version with different inserts? perhaps they improved it? and the store was carrying the older version?
How did the lens insert in this mask?? How was it different? What is the name of the retailer?
Old 08-12-2008, 02:35 AM #41
trainerKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Boss View Post
How did the lens insert in this mask?? How was it different? What is the name of the retailer?

okay, ya know how the ones on Save Phace's site... you can see there's something you press (on the side) to release or take the lens off? Well, instead of that button or tab, it's a screw... it looked like you would need a flathead screwdriver to losen. other than that... the masks they had at this airsoft store were ALL exactly the same as Save Phace's... again down to the various different camo pattern... the way it comes up over your forehead etc. etc.... EVERYTHING. The store is call Toylet (I know, what a name, huh?), literally half the store is Anime stuff, and the other half is airsoft... I went to their website, but it's ALL Anime.

I just don't see why a mask could be acceptable for Airsoft and not for paintballing
Old 08-12-2008, 08:06 AM #42
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

because the things being shot at them are FAR different.