NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
My Review

Let me start by saying, YES... I am a sponsored player by Save Phace... But this post WILL include any and all pros AND cons of my SP mask.

Pics will be uploaded asap as well.

The mask I purchased was the So Phat Series (with the predator graphic) I believe the item number is BC7 (if you'd like to see EXACTLY which mask package I got)

It came within 5 days of being notified that they ARE shipping (I pre-ordered this mask, so I knew it would take a little while) shipped via UPS in a nice display box.

I opened the box to find the mask, and I feel its a very cool looking mask... so I try it on. WOW its tiny... I feel as if im wearing hard 1st run invisions... but the biggest issue for me so far, was the head guard, so that had to go.

I broke down the entire mask, the lense system is a very safe way about doing it (very much like the Grill lense system), but I felt that the clips/lense compatibility was a bit off. When I snapped the clips back into the lense, it sounded as if something cracked because it was so tight.

they include a small screw driver, which I had NO CLUE what it was for at first... until I wanted to pull off the head guard, where i noticed... its screwed into the mask. the screw driver is way to small to be of any real use, and one of the screws was cross threaded, making it take about 20 mins to get the head guard off (the visor that comes with it attaches the same way)

thats 2 problems so far, and I didn't even get to play in this yet.

Now, I've been wearing it for a bit now, and im typing this as im wearing it. One thing I notice, is that if you wear it like a normal mask, it exposes A LOT. But, if you wear it as SavePhace tells you to, it protects most of those areas, but it feels like its causing too much pressure on my nose (making it heard to breathe though my nose)

The shape of the mask is different as well, the jaw line actually swoops inward a bit than out to the chin. So if you have chubby cheeks, there may be an issue with it there.

The graphics are cool, but something about them doesn't seem "finished" for lack of a better word. From 5 feet or so away, they look great, but get up close, and there are parts that seem as if they were cut out of a template and scanned, so everything doesnt line up (graphic to mask wise) like they should.

the strap, would've been nice if they had the silicone injected straps. no big deal though.

the post below will have pictures and the post below that will have playing reviews.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2008, 01:03 PM #2
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

COMPARISON THREAD

Mask:

Last edited by NoelyDeezNutz : 06-18-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:03 PM #3
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Playing Review :
Date played with : July 13th
Where: Skirmish I.O.N. 2008

So, I get to skirmish, and bring a bunch of masks to hand out as loaners if needed, and to use whatever is comfy (grillz and proflexes) and the save phace mask... I place it on, walk out to the field to play, and i had to turn around and walk back to the car and trade them for a different mask...

I couldnt breathe correctly in this mask due to it being restrictive on my nasal passage, which caused me to breathe through my mouth (for those that dont know, this causes condensation in the mask)

The foam kept coming off anytime anyone tried it on

the mask did NOT cover most people who tried it on (it only properly covered the younger kids who were with our group)

so now, i feel as if i wasted $$$ on a mask that i will NEVER wear again due to it just not being comfy and feeling "cheap" for lack of a better word...

I WILL try out their next version... but this one will take a place on my wall of unused gear.

Last edited by NoelyDeezNutz : 07-15-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:17 PM #4
Eliangonzalez

WOW, you wear your mask while typing.....Thats hardcore. Seriously though, great review.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:41 PM #5
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

comparison link edited in as well as pics.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:21 AM #6
gun456 (Banned)
Vlocity Mafia Founder

ya
Old 06-19-2008, 12:46 AM #7
kunglao

What do you mean by the wear it normally and the way Save Phace tells you to?
Old 06-19-2008, 12:54 AM #8
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunglao View Post
What do you mean by the wear it normally and the way Save Phace tells you to?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2674727

read the first post.

Most people wear their masks a bit higher up on their face, as it seems like its the most natural position/most comfy...

SavePhace recommends that you wear it slightly lower than you would normally wear a mask.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:36 AM #9
"T-MAC"
({})

"T-MAC" is playing at Living Legends III
"T-MAC" supports Bob Gurnsey
^^he means wear it lower on the face. farther down the bridge of the nose
Old 06-22-2008, 06:59 PM #10
paintman161

has been a member for 10 years
have you worn this mask out on the field yet? Have you worn it in the humid weather yet? How does it perform? Do you get sweat dripping on the inside of the lense or any fogging up?

Old 06-22-2008, 09:56 PM #11
Octagon (Banned)

You know, I just got hit with a thought. This mask, with the graphic design, as well as the Goggleskinz to give it the look of Ironman, metallic red and gold. That would actually look pretty nice if you could pull that off.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:35 PM #12
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman161 View Post
have you worn this mask out on the field yet? Have you worn it in the humid weather yet? How does it perform? Do you get sweat dripping on the inside of the lense or any fogging up?
I havent played in them yet, i have worn them to work out (to simulate heavy breathing/sweating) no fog... i've worn them with the hot water going on the shower, nothing... this really is a great mask in terms of fog resistant quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octagon View Post
You know, I just got hit with a thought. This mask, with the graphic design, as well as the Goggleskinz to give it the look of Ironman, metallic red and gold. That would actually look pretty nice if you could pull that off.
yes, that would look pretty cool
Old 06-23-2008, 03:21 PM #13
wgpballer5
Cannabis Corpse

wgpballer5 supports Team VICIOUS
Nice to see an unbiased and honest review
Old 06-23-2008, 03:35 PM #14
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

I would like to just say... that im thankful that no one is flaming this at all... and I truly believe it is because it IS unbiased and honest.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:41 PM #15
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

updated 3rd post with playing review
Old 07-16-2008, 09:12 PM #16
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
I couldnt breathe correctly in this mask due to it being restrictive on my nasal passage, which caused me to breathe through my mouth (for those that dont know, this causes condensation in the mask)
I have a big nose and when I breath thru my mouth my Save Phace mask does not fog up at all.

What I did to relieve the pressure of the foam on my nose was to cut about a half inch section on either side of the foam that contacts the top part of my nose. Worked perfect. No more pressure on my nose. I've also never had the foam come off while putting the mask on, I wonder if it was not snapped in correctly.

Last edited by Txvman : 07-16-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:00 PM #17
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Ill try cutting it.

never said it fogged... i said it causes condensation in the mask... which it does...

foam is snapped in correctly.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:24 PM #18
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Do you have thermal lenses? A few people on my team had condensation issues. It was alleviated by either using the thermal lenses or removing the head piece from the mask.

Not to say this will or will not help you out at all.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:29 AM #19
schuby

schuby owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
schuby is an NCPA player
schuby plays in the APPA D5 division
I(and my team) had a very long discussion at D-Day with Jerry about the condensation. Now I don't know why you are condensing so much, but the condensation is what the lense/mask is supposed to do. Instead of fogging, it condenses, because the moisture can't just disappear. I know that isn't a completely satisfactory explanation, so I'll add to it a little. A couple of my team mates had some problems at D-Day with extreme condensation, to the point where they couldn't see. We think its because our masks had been in the rain the day before, and they were still wet. So the humidity was in the mask, and instead of fogging(which shows how good the anti fog is) it condensed, like its supposed to. I would contact Save Phace for a better explanation. But, I will say this: I've never breathed through my nose while paintballing, and in about 25-30 hours of play in this mask its never fogged OR condensed on me. And I didn't have thermals...I had plain jane smoked lenses. And for the foam not snapping in, how do you know its snapped in correctly? It sometimes takes a little while to get it firmly seated. But unless its been stretched somehow(and I mean widthwise, not lengthwise) I highly doubt its just "coming off." You may have gotten a defective mask, I guess. Call Save Phace and ask for a replacement.

Oh, and my head is massive(you want a picture I'll show you one) and I have no problems with coverage...so the people who tried it either have waaay bigger heads than me(not very likely) or were wearing it too high on their nose. Sorry, but thats the truth.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:57 AM #20
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

the ONLY mask that wasnt condensing on me, was proflexes... my grillz did it, my profilers did it, my invisions did it, my flex 8's did it, my proteus did it, my save phace did it...

the foam was snapped in correctly...

you can see my pictures above, i know how to wear the mask, and i also showed the people there how to wear it, and everyone it DIDNT fit correctly, complained about the nose issue. The younger kids who tried it on, said it felt comfy, but cheap...

I set out to make an unbiased review... this review is completely unbiased... i wanted to give them a real chance, and ill even have it at NPPL buffalo this weekend to let people try it out... but i get the feeling from some of you guys as well as some of the SP reps... that im somehow in the wrong by posting an honest review of my experience with a SavePhace mask.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:08 PM #21
kunglao

Good job Noely. Keep it real.

I have my own review and opinion after playing with it. Post opinion up shortly.