Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:17 AM #64
gigante
in your face space coyote

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dan View Post
There are a LOT better guitars out there for a LOT cheaper than Gibsons. Playing a Gibson is the mark of a fool duped by fancy marketing, insubstantial hype, and a brand name.
um, the robot is a robot, so suck it.

You kept a distance out of fear you'd break, but what good's a single windchime hanging quiet all alone? The music our collisions would make is the sound that turns "the road that leads us back home" into "home."

flickr
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2008, 12:32 AM #65
mossdabomb
Its Aggafagnaificent!

mossdabomb is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigante View Post
um, the robot is a robot, so suck it.

lol wtf les pauls ftl

dont spend your money on another guitar max

ST:Anything short of excellence is failure.
"Originally posted by Dake: I'd never buy snap-on anyway because every time I see it I read "strap-on," which makes me miss my ex"
Old 06-19-2008, 12:37 AM #66
maddermaxx
Das ist nicht Hitler.

It's funny.. I can't even play that well (ask Larry, he knows.. If he was listening) I just hate having sub-par equipment in stuff I do, probably because I've grown up around spoiled kids that there mommy and daddy get them the best of everything there whole lives without lifting a finger, so I figure if I'm paying for something I want the best.. Ha.

"Originally posted by infinital: nah dude as long as im not too ****ed i can type. just usually when i post here i am at that too ****ed point"
Old 06-19-2008, 12:40 AM #67
MC_chicken (Banned)
Doint what meatchubs does

thats funny when i pay for something i want the worst possible i can get for the most amount of money
Old 06-19-2008, 12:41 AM #68
mossdabomb
Its Aggafagnaificent!

mossdabomb is a Supporting Member
well i guess your sig holds true still

ST:Anything short of excellence is failure.
"Originally posted by Dake: I'd never buy snap-on anyway because every time I see it I read "strap-on," which makes me miss my ex"
Old 06-19-2008, 12:49 AM #69
Desert Dan (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddermaxx View Post
It's funny.. I can't even play that well (ask Larry, he knows.. If he was listening) I just hate having sub-par equipment in stuff I do, probably because I've grown up around spoiled kids that there mommy and daddy get them the best of everything there whole lives without lifting a finger, so I figure if I'm paying for something I want the best.. Ha.
I already told you what you need to do if you want a guitar. Absolutely do not buy one off the internet.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:51 AM #70
maddermaxx
Das ist nicht Hitler.

Yea, but an electric guitar is a wee bit different than an acoustic..

And, I don't have enough confidence in my playing to go in a store and play several guitars to decide which one I want..

Unless they don't mind me playing Stairway to Heaven and Wipeout a bazilion times.

"Originally posted by infinital: nah dude as long as im not too ****ed i can type. just usually when i post here i am at that too ****ed point"
Old 06-19-2008, 01:26 AM #71
Striker9

so uh.... Boredom took over, and some gels came in.. soo....

sorry about the size on these

Speaking of geetars....

and no, thats not how i usually look.

But on a serious note... Why is noise occuring in my shots (similar to the ones above). Im shooting at around 300 ISO, and there should be plenty of light.

Last edited by Striker9 : 06-19-2008 at 01:37 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:27 AM #72
Army_of_Orr
OG PhotoMob

Army_of_Orr is a Paintball photographer
You must have been bored...
Old 06-19-2008, 01:37 AM #73
maddermaxx
Das ist nicht Hitler.

I think it would have looked better without the red...

Old 06-19-2008, 01:39 AM #74
MC_chicken (Banned)

um nudity odd
Old 06-19-2008, 01:39 AM #75
gigante
in your face space coyote

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dan View Post
There are a LOT better guitars out there for a LOT cheaper than Gibsons. Playing a Gibson is the mark of a fool duped by fancy marketing, insubstantial hype, and a brand name.
I'm re-quoting this because I have an actual point to make now. My gibson acoustic is effing epic, and I bought it scratch and dent (returned to the store, but nothing actually wrong with it) for $650. It really is a beautiful instrument.

You kept a distance out of fear you'd break, but what good's a single windchime hanging quiet all alone? The music our collisions would make is the sound that turns "the road that leads us back home" into "home."

flickr
Old 06-19-2008, 02:13 AM #76
maddermaxx
Das ist nicht Hitler.

I've always liked the look of Les Pauls, and I figure if I'm going to get one, I'm going to get a Gibson.. Just like if you want a Strat-body chances are you go to Fender.

I'd kill to have a vintage Tweed Fender amp, omg..

I love my "little" tube amp. (20W)

Old 06-19-2008, 02:21 AM #77
Desert Dan (Banned)

Quote:
Yea, but an electric guitar is a wee bit different than an acoustic..

And, I don't have enough confidence in my playing to go in a store and play several guitars to decide which one I want..
Here is the difference between acoustic guitars and electric guitars:

After the $1,000 mark, electric guitars cease to be worth their money. You should literally never pay more than that for an electric guitar. I've heard $500 electrics from small companies outplay the **** out of $4,000+ guitars. Unless you like paying for a name that starts with a "G" and/or gold plated tuning knobs, you'll have no problem finding your dream guitar for less than a grand. Less than $600, even.

Acoustic guitars are more of a "get what you pay for" deal, the reason being that the best tone woods simply cost more. My guitar was about $2,000 but when I was shopping for it, I found some really good acoustics in the $400-700 range, but nothing really quite sounded like my Taylor.

Another thing to remember is that you can get your electric guitar to sound like anything with the right amp/pedals/etc. If you want to find your favorite electric guitar, plug it into the amp you're planning on buying, play it clean (without any distortion), and see if it FEELS good. Purchasing an electric guitar is more centered around a guitar that feels good in your hands, standing up, sitting down, has a good action, and has a good neck. Everything else can be changed.

This isn't just my opinion either. I know some top-tier guitar builders who verify the same thing. What is the most famous guitar of all time? The Gibson Les Paul. And it sounds/plays like ****. Price doesn't mean jack **** when it comes to electric guitars. Save your money for a good amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigante View Post
I'm re-quoting this because I have an actual point to make now. My gibson acoustic is effing epic, and I bought it scratch and dent (returned to the store, but nothing actually wrong with it) for $650. It really is a beautiful instrument.
Gibson makes garbage acoustics. Sorry.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:36 AM #78
maddermaxx
Das ist nicht Hitler.

Yes, but Les Pauls are sexy..

And if I end up doing any guitar stuff, new pickups for mine and tubes for my amp. wee

Old 06-19-2008, 02:42 AM #79
Desert Dan (Banned)

Old 06-19-2008, 03:01 AM #80
maddermaxx
Das ist nicht Hitler.

That thing is ****ing hideous.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:06 AM #81
Desert Dan (Banned)

I'd rather have a matte black, simplistic guitar than something that looks like this
Quote:
and sounds like complete ****.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:18 AM #82
MC_chicken (Banned)

id rather...... oh wait i dont play musical instruments
Old 06-19-2008, 03:42 AM #83
Bayne
Trucks? Haha, 7/8/08

I need a new piano.
I took piano lessons for six years, and was getting rather good, but then I stopped as I no long have a piano, and keyboards arent my cup of tea.
I still remember everything with technique, and theory, and just about all of my key signatures, and tempos. Reason being, I did chorus for a bit, but... I cant read music for **** anymore... I suppose I could try and re-learn the staffs.

Has anyone else like, forgotten how to play an instrument before, and relearned? Not in one or two days, but seriously could not remember at all, and had to almost start over.

ST: Photo- Rimjobs and tummy rubs all around.
I am heaven sent, don't you dare forget.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:47 AM #84
maddermaxx
Das ist nicht Hitler.

Pfft, I'll go out and buy me a new Diatonic harmonica! (Yea, I play)... Whopping 20 bucks for pretty much the best you can get.

I can get a whole set (Every key on Diatonic scale) for less than it would cost me to put pickups on my geetar.

If I want to splurge I could get a Chromatic.. Like 50 bucks, lawl.

Last edited by maddermaxx : 06-19-2008 at 03:56 AM.
Closed Thread