Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-20-2008, 08:00 PM #43
Sauerkraut
Molōn labe!

Last year was a lot different for the Axis forces. We adjusted well and I have not heard of anyone bugging out due to inclement weather. Mother nature was kind to us all this year. We (officers) are aware of the negatives and will address them with the appropriate people at the appropriate times. Lets remember this event for what it was, one hell of a good time. In the grand scheme, and it is grand when you field ~4000 players on 900 acres, the game play went well and the battles were epic. I hope every year can be as balanced and well played as this one.

Everyone who attended this event deserves recognition. We all played well and had an outstanding time doing it. See you all again next year.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2008, 12:00 AM #44
BattleTested_Ryan

We had a blast playing utah beach, ICECREAM !!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 02:20 PM #45
paublo25

Well I was right in the middle of Colleville as we (Germans) sent man after man after man all getting hit and getting pulled out (my brother was the 2nd to last person who ran) they would make it to the flag get about 1-2 pulls of the flag and then just get destroyed and the refs would tackle them and get them out of there. Now the last guy(and I remember staring at him and wondering as to why he wasn't getting hit) and he ran up to the flag and pulled the red up, now he did have some orange on his shirt but it was all rubbed in like it would have been old paint, but Im not saying that he might have not gotten hit but I couldn't see it and I was right next to him. Now I know that there was some shady things going on on both sides (like ppl re-inserting in the wrong areas) but when you have a game of 4000 its hard to have a ref catch everything, I thought they did a great job and I can't wait to go again next year.
And whitney1, no offense but the 101st didn't storm into caen at all. They actually got re-inserted there (which was kind of unfair to us germans), but our group (Brandenburg Kommandos) destroyed the 101st within minutes of the game and they got to walk into caen where they were re-inserted and we had barely anyone there and it was taken easily.

Last edited by paublo25 : 06-22-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:12 AM #46
dave40sw
Paintball Journalist

has been a member for 10 years
Speaking of refs in the thick of things doing tough jobs, major kudos and recognition to the refs on the Atlantic Wall behind Omaha Beach. Some guy twisted his ankle, and from the look and sound of him, his injury was a lot worse than it turned out to be. I timed the refs' reaction, because I'm a journalist and it's what I do. They had a fully enforced cease-fire on the entire hillside and an ATV medic to the guy in under 1 minute. I'm impressed--as much with the players who spread the cease-fire (and honored it) as with the quick ref response. Thick fire, intense action...and still, help is there and I watched people keep their cool. Fantastic

http://cgi.ebay.com/501-Paintball-Ti...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 06-26-2008, 06:08 PM #47
custar

I will try to make this as neutral as possible with the disclaimer I played German. Congratulations to the Allies for a VERY hard fought game, one that was just as close or closer than the final points tally indicates. The final score on objectives was 2,050 Germans vs. 1,500 for Allies. Germans came out a little ahead on tank kills but a small margin behind on sniper kills.

The day started with a strong push from the Allies for the south end of the field. There was a SNAFU in the Allied reinsertion at 0930 near Caen, but the Allies rolled up that end of the field efficiently. In the center, the MEK (Germans) bulldozed through the Free French at SME. All beaches were hotly contested. Sword in the southern end fell to the Allies mid-morning, and the Germans pulled back to a defensive line near Pegasus where the Allied drive stalled for a while. Meanwhile, the remaining beaches (Omaha and Utah) were bloodbaths with each side having some degree of success. The German forces in the valley seemed to fare better than their Allied opponents.

Eventually, the Allies were able to push the Germans south of Colleville back to Colleville itself. The woods to the south of Brecourt Manor and west of Colleville saw numerous skirmishes throughout the afternoon as the Allies sent forces into those woods to either provide flanking fire against Colleville or to take Brecourt and attack Colleville from there. The Germans held most of the objectives in the valley for points, but possession of Colleville swung back and forth like a flag in the wind. For some reason, I saw very little Allied activity directed against the Airfield where I wound up after one afternoon reinsertion.

At the end of the day, most forces on both sides were concentrated in or around Colleville. There were problems with the flag pulls at Colleville on both sides. However, if anyone remembers back to the orientation tape, objectives can be scored based on actual possession rather than the color of the flag. Hopefully, this can be addressed at the Summer Staff Meeting. In any event, the game came down to intense fighting for Colleville for the last hour of the game. I was shot out the last time about 1640 leading a charge from the woods to the west of Colleville into Colleville. I made it to the west side berm, and took cover to allow others to catch up. As I jumped up and cleared the berm, I was lit up like a Christmas tree with peach and pink paint. Ultimately, the Allies were not able to force the Germans out of Colleville. However, with the point differential, that last scoring would not have changed the outcome, but it would have narrowed the gap for sure.

This year was one of the best so far. The Allies brought their A game, and so did the Germans. Congratulations to both sides for gutting it out to the bitter end in the face of the usual heat, high humidity, and fatigue from running the field all day. To me, the new (enormous) Cathedral outside Colleville makes that area play significantly differently. I want to see what it is like when it is completely finished along with other changes we may see in the field.

See you there next year.

custar
Sgt Major, OK D-Day German Army '08

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
Old 06-27-2008, 05:42 PM #48
SpecialK79
Kevin-Osborn

gr8 job D-Day Staff & Refs

See everyone next year

Jolly Green tournament & scenario team
OK D-Day German 709
Old 07-09-2008, 08:44 PM #49
blackmagic71

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanLoring View Post
Dang, wish i could have gone. but had no money and work all week long. but as for gas its not bad at all for me i live just 30 mins away from there
Lol, how could you not go when you're that close, you have a whole year to plan.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:32 AM #50
WELT_Mag

One of our guys went to D-Day and played with 82nd. He posted a video blog about it in the latest issue of WELT actually.

Issue #9 OUT NOW!
Old 07-11-2008, 06:48 AM #51
tesguy
I am the Queen of France!

tesguy helped look for balloons
tesguy is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by WELT_Mag View Post
One of our guys went to D-Day and played with 82nd. He posted a video blog about it in the latest issue of WELT actually.
make sure he goes axis next time

IF IT DOESN'T HAVE TITS, A TRIGGER OR A THROTTLE, I'M NOT INTERESTED
Old 07-11-2008, 06:51 AM #52
WELT_Mag

Haha, we dunno, he seemed pretty dedicated to airbourne!

Linky:

http://cde.cerosmedia.com/1T486cfa58...12.cde/page/12

Issue #9 OUT NOW!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:06 AM #53
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WELT_Mag View Post
Haha, we dunno, he seemed pretty dedicated to airbourne!

Linky:

http://cde.cerosmedia.com/1T486cfa58...12.cde/page/12
We Germans have our own airborne, the 6th Fallschrimjagers, who have a new CO '09. If you or your friend are interested in joining up, contact me by PM. Thanks for the link, BTW.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
Old 07-11-2008, 09:09 AM #54
Thompsonshooter
Maker of fine custom guns

Thompsonshooter works for a Paintball manufacturer
Thompsonshooter supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
We Germans have our own airborne, the 6th Fallschrimjagers, who have a new CO '09. If you or your friend are interested in joining up, contact me by PM. Thanks for the link, BTW.

custar

And the 101st is also a great Airborne unit to join.
Making Custom Paintball Guns Since 1999
http://www.englerpaintballguns.com
Old 07-25-2008, 10:30 AM #55
Sauerkraut
Molōn labe!

The AB units at OK DDay are tough, but the toughest, best run paratrooper unit is the German 6th Fallschirmjager. As a matter of fact, the Axis SOGs are the best led, toughest paintballers you will have the privilege of slinging paint with. We have to be...the Axis, by design and as is historically so, are outnumbered. Heavily. We rely on our players being better trained, better prepared and able to stay on the field the entire day. Leaving the field further reduces our fighting strength and can affect the army's ability to take and/or hold objectives.

We must fight hard, fight well and fight all day to win.

Yes, the esteemed Thompson Shooter of 101st AAB fame, is correct. They are a great unit. But the Fallschirmjager are better. We have proven it two years in a row and we will continue to prove it in 2009 and every year thereafter.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:31 PM #56
Thompsonshooter
Maker of fine custom guns

Thompsonshooter works for a Paintball manufacturer
Thompsonshooter supports Bob Gurnsey
I'd be willing to put the 101st up against the 6th any day...
Making Custom Paintball Guns Since 1999
http://www.englerpaintballguns.com