Old 06-16-2008, 01:10 AM #22
Kansas Kaos
Fresh Crow served daily

Kansas Kaos is a Supporting Member
Kansas Kaos is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballskaguy View Post
you don't wanna start that argument my friend.........
If done in a mature fashion it would merely be one persons view of an event rather than the beginning of an argument. And if you were there at that time you could share your view as well, thus giving those that didn't see it a varied perspective. I've been to many scenarios and I've witnessed stranger things than what psyco_fade described.
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2008, 01:15 AM #23
psyco_fade (Banned)

psyco_fade has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
psyco_fade has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
it was a great fight, much better then last year when the allies pushed the germans all the way back to the airfield. But there was just sooo much paint flying through colleville....
Old 06-16-2008, 05:45 AM #24
JESTERTLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Kaos View Post
If done in a mature fashion it would merely be one persons view of an event rather than the beginning of an argument. And if you were there at that time you could share your view as well, thus giving those that didn't see it a varied perspective. I've been to many scenarios and I've witnessed stranger things than what psyco_fade described.

Agreed. But can people disagree in a civil way? Some of us can, and then some cant. Some people take this game too seriously and cant not take any disagreement in the way they saw the events. Dont start down that path. This game is meant to be fun. Not taken seriously. Its not some thing to get bent over.

At any rate guys, if it happened that way, it sucks. But you are gonna have some bad apples in a large game. Dont dwell on the idiots that are not honorable. I am sure there were some on the allied side that didnt play by the rules as well. Dont dwell on the negative, or before you know it this thread will be a bash fest, and your memory of the game will sour with all the venom that gets spewd.

I am glad that most people enjoyed them selves.

Last edited by JESTERTLS : 06-16-2008 at 05:49 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:48 AM #25
paintballskaguy
Quiet Bear

paintballskaguy supports Cereal Killerz 2
paintballskaguy donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by JESTERTLS View Post
Agreed. But can people disagree in a civil way? Some of us can, and then some cant. Some people take this game too seriously and cant not take any disagreement in the way they saw the events. Dont start down that path. This game is meant to be fun. Not taken seriously. Its not some thing to get bent over.

At any rate guys, if it happened that way, it sucks. But you are gonna have some bad apples in a large game. Dont dwell on the idiots that are not honorable. I am sure there were some on the allied side that didnt play by the rules as well. Dont dwell on the negative, or before you know it this thread will be a bash fest, and your memory of the game will sour with all the venom that gets spewd.

I am glad that most people enjoyed them selves.

Very well said. I'm sure there will be plenty of other threads that will be bash fests, let's keep this one positive.

I did like the night game with the lights in it. Gave it a whole new element that made it a lot more fun.

Feedback
Old 06-16-2008, 10:38 AM #26
whitney1

Well, I was on the allied side and I saw what he saw about the flag. One second it was blue and then it went red after a shot player jumped and grabbed the rope. He was hit before he grabbed it on his way up and pulled it red on his way down and the ref left it.

Simple as that. Was it the players fault? No. was it the ref's fault for leaving it? No. The ref was looking at the player, not the flag. He made the right call to get the guy out of there, but the damage was done.

I do think they should have pulled the tanks from the field at that point because it gave too much of an advantage for either side. But that's a minor gripe.

But I will say this....the 101st did what we were supposed to do. We stormed into Caen and met up with the 82nd and the Commonwealth, we stormed over Pegasus and Sword along with the commonwealth, we were at the forefront of the first assault on Colleville, we were at the lead with our pathfinders in taking the church for the first time ever and we helped capture St. Laurent. I cannot be prouder of our division.

We may have lost, but it was hard fought on both sides and one of the best games I have ever been to.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:56 AM #27
drnez

I agree with what was said regarding the dead german tanks in colleville. I was there on the allied side and saw the whole thing. During the finial 20 minutes or so, we rolled the assassin nation tank around the back side of the city. The germans didnt even notice that we were still in play. I was able to take out about 15-20 germans before they realized we were there, and hit us with some AT paint.

Either way, it was a hard fought game on both sides, definitely one for the scrap book. Hope to see all of you again next year.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:47 PM #28
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force

Buckfrenzy plays in the PSP
...none of what you said actually happened. You guys threw your normal insane amounts of smoke, and our guy pulled the flag. You fail. Get over it. He had ZERO hits on him. I was laying on a mound directly next to him as he did it. He did not get hit. None of the German tanks were out of bounds. Learn the rules.

Also, the flags don't even matter according to the reffing staff. We held Utah past time, but were told we didn't get the points due to the Allies holding "most of the beach". I was laying in Coleville with about 10 minutes left and was told by a ref that the flag didn't matter, and that if we just stayed where we were the Germans would get the points.

Last edited by Buckfrenzy : 06-16-2008 at 05:51 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-16-2008, 06:18 PM #29
whitney1

I only said what I saw. I saw the guy who got the flag with orange hits on his chest as he went up and jumped for the rope, but he was in mid-air when he got it. That was when it turned red. Someone else pulled it all the way to the top and that I didn't see. I am not going to discredit your win over a lousy thing like this. No one is at fault, the player did nothing wrong and the refs were spot on. Either way you guys would have gotten that flag I'm sure. And yes, the flags did matter. Maybe there were judgement calls made on the field, but in Colleville at the end of the game, as was explained to me by a purple shirt ref, the flag is what mattered. But you guys had it. Oh well, we lost. It's nothing to argue over.

This year's game came down to a series of 5 minutes time slots over flags and that included us taking down Omaha. Had there not had been a medical call that put us over time for the last points on Omaha the score would have been much closer. We were itching to take it too...we begged for those extra minutes back. Weather or not we could have gotten it is another story.

It was a great game and nothing can take that away from us. Win or lose, I had a great time.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:19 PM #30
1lsuguy1
DDAY-OK...FREE FRENCH

anyone play french? that looks like a good group but what exactly did y'all do and who did y'all face?
Dynasty Fanclub #431
Home Field www.splatz.com

If your parents dont pay for your paintball stuff put this in your sig.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2%that has some sense of honor add this to your sig.

LSU TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:40 PM #31
scadragon1234

The French were light on numbers and had some last-minute changes (Friday nite) in their starting positions and job.
The price of gas I think kinda hit some of the smaller teams badas far as numbers.
I think they got put in with 4th ID and another light unit someplace on the north end. They played their hearts out right up till 5:00. Very few of them quit the day early. I wish I could have been with them , but my blood pressure and other health related issues pretty much have ended my more active participation in ANYTHING out on the field.
That's ok, I'll support my team with maps and satchel packs! And I'll happliy tell the younguns all the dirty tricks!

---Jim "Pierre Gasconde" Grunst
Old 06-16-2008, 07:42 PM #32
binkley
608paintball.com

binkley supports Team VICIOUS
MEK attacked and took over the city were the french were in 48 seconds

MEK LEADS THE WAY!

Sponsored by: The Edge Paintball Experience, Empire, RPS, BT, HK, Challenge Park Extreme and Pandaramic Studio

CE Coach
Old 06-16-2008, 10:25 PM #33
Schmidty3

I was with the 352 infantry,

I didnt see the whole thing about the guy and the flag but its apparently common, at one of the mini scenarios the allies did the same thing, i was at the southeast of colleville, and about 10 allies charged the flag, i was almost out of paint but the jolly green guy lit um up with his ego, then the allied guy jumped up and tried to grab the rope and just about pulled the flag pole to the ground, i'm just glad Mr. Jolly Green was there.

At the end at colleville i was on the left allies' left flank, german's right, in the woods, those tanks confused me on the southeast corner of colleville they werent doing anything and i was standing in the open and it shot at me, luckily it bounced, but you cant complain about the german tanks because you guys had three tanks down there that could have done something, but eventually were taken out by the AT guy (He had a heck of a shot hit the kill plate at like 60-70 yards) I was watching the clock and waited until it was clear and moved up to the southeast corner of colleville, had the allies still had the flag my group could have easily captured the flag,

Im not sure if this is a fact do to my limited point of view, but I believed i eliminated the last few of the allies from my position. At the last ditch reinsertion/charge to the two towers on the southeast corner of colleville, from my perch i slaughtered them.

first time going it was awesome.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:36 PM #34
whitney1

I'm not surprised the same thing happened earlier in the week. The way that flag was put, you had to jump up to get a good handle on the rope to change it. It wasn't easy to get to under fire for either side. I tried 3 times to charge that damn thing and have got massive swelling from the hits I took to prove it.

We had the numbers to take it at the end, but no supplies to do it with. We just ran out.

The only thing bad I can say about the day was the paint. It was swelling so bad all you could get were bounces. My jersey is spotless even after taking multiple chest hits. They all just bounced off and caused massive swelling and really nice welts. But I can't blame Draxxus for that, with the amount of humidity caused by the storm on Friday they really didn't have a chance. Nothing could have prevented the paint form turning so rubbery in those conditions.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:06 AM #35
Staticline

Annual Supporting Member
Staticline is playing at Living Legends V
Staticline owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Staticline has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Staticline is attending Decay of Nations VI
We can argue Coville all day since it seemed like the battle there lasted ALL DAY. Tank play was problematic all day. The Germans even had an Allied tank run into the JU. But, with everyone wanting to get into the action and having so many tanks on the field, things are bound to happen.

There were issues on both sides, but if we dwell on them, we forget that this was an extremely close game and hard fought all day. D-Day is a strategic game that is scored based upon objectives. If the Commanders understand the scoring periods, and can get their troops at the right spot at the right time, the points fall in their favor. This year, the German Commanders did a better job in managing the game dynamics.

Congratulations to all the players in the German Special Operations Group )(i.e., GSOG)....(PJ, GJ, 6th FJR, MEK, Kommandos). These players were in the forefront of many battles and their leadership helped carry the day for the Germans. On to 2009.
Hellions Scenario Paintball Team, ODA 163
http://www.hellions.net/
Old 06-17-2008, 10:29 AM #36
Schmidty3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney1 View Post
I'm not surprised the same thing happened earlier in the week. The way that flag was put, you had to jump up to get a good handle on the rope to change it. It wasn't easy to get to under fire for either side. I tried 3 times to charge that damn thing and have got massive swelling from the hits I took to prove it.

We had the numbers to take it at the end, but no supplies to do it with. We just ran out.

The only thing bad I can say about the day was the paint. It was swelling so bad all you could get were bounces. My jersey is spotless even after taking multiple chest hits. They all just bounced off and caused massive swelling and really nice welts. But I can't blame Draxxus for that, with the amount of humidity caused by the storm on Friday they really didn't have a chance. Nothing could have prevented the paint form turning so rubbery in those conditions.
My uncle crawled up to one of the mounds about 20 yards from the flag and said he was mowing down the waves.

The paint did seem to bounce at the end but overall i was pleased, it seemed pretty good quality, on my last reinsertion i had two bounces off my hopper
I also think it would have been better if it were a brighter color, i kept losing the balls at distance
Old 06-17-2008, 10:48 AM #37
Schmidty3

Im glad i went it was an awesome experience

I felt like i improved at speedball

My Grandpa won the oldest player award

but I think one of the best events was the invasion bowl, awesome,
25 on 25 speedball
Old 06-17-2008, 11:43 AM #38
Grimlandm
Diamond Paintball FTW

i was up in collville during the last couple min. that was hell.

DIAMOND DOG
Old 06-17-2008, 05:01 PM #39
Wakewarrior7
Now in Technicolor

I will agree about the paint sucking. About halfway through, my halo wouldn't work anymore and it turned out that my paint had swelled and was sometime getting jammed. Threw out the rest of that crap and got some new cool stuff that shot better.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:09 AM #40
Thompsonshooter
Maker of fine custom guns

Thompsonshooter works for a Paintball manufacturer
Thompsonshooter supports Bob Gurnsey
remember the D-Day rules guys. The flag does not decide who controls an area.

The video tells us that the refs in the area make the call on who is in control at points time. The Germans got the points and rightly so.

Hard fought all day long and a great day for everyone. Win or loose it was hard not to have a great time.

Well deserved victory for the Germans, but a great game for the Allies.
Making Custom Paintball Guns Since 1999
http://www.englerpaintballguns.com
Old 06-20-2008, 02:50 PM #41
SpecialK79
Kevin-Osborn

bad paint...good paint..red flag..blue flag.......WE ALL STILL HAD A BLAST!!!!

D-DAY 09 start the count down!

Jolly Green tournament & scenario team
OK D-Day German 709
Old 06-20-2008, 05:18 PM #42
Aquariuzz

I was with the 899th (Black Cats) Allied at Utah and I saw some weak play from both sides. Mostly involving the flag.

1. Allied guy using a piece of plywood to shield himself and move up to change the flag to Blue. I thought that was wrong. I would rather we had earned that flag.
2. German guy grabbed the flag then pulled the entire pole over into the trench where no one could hit him while he changed the flag over, then held it there for about 5 minutes.
3. Allies then did the same thing, pulled flag pole over.

Obviously they need a new flag pole on Utah. Some of the objectives are worthless. Does ANYONE fight for the Causeway?

It was an awesome game, glad we were successful in taking Utah again, but it was a hell of a lot harder this year than it was last year. We had it in under 30 minutes last year.

I did not like having to wade through a thigh deep stream to get into the woods. It's miserable having wet feet all day. I hope they build us a bridge over that next year.

And the rain sucked too. Got my car stuck in the mud trying to get out of there.

The paint did suck too. Had a shot bounce off my head from less than 20 feet away. Hurt like hell. I'm wondering if Draxxus made them a special paint for use with their snapball stuff. I played BHD there also and the paint was the same. Everyone was getting chronoed but it was the paint that hurt so much.

Last edited by Aquariuzz : 06-20-2008 at 05:21 PM.