PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-12-2008, 09:50 AM #1
brando123
has a dick like jesus

brando123 helped look for balloons
another legend problem

i have never dealt with a legend and it keeps breaking so i have no idea what to do!
when i pull my trigger it will not fire. but if you push the trigger in really hard it fires. i figured out that it was the little metal thing that actually pushes something to fire, and that metal thing is really lose. so i was basically wondering if there was a spring that fell out or something that helps push the button or whatever? i know this might not make too much sense but any help will be appreciated. i will post a video and pics if no one helps me in 2-3 days. also is there a way to just send in my gun to infinity? and will that cost a large amount of money?
thanks,
Branden
Old 06-12-2008, 10:41 AM #2
R_ion
tang na mo

R_ion posts videos on PbNation
maybe adjust the trigger screws, start there. Check the manual on how to adjust it.
Just give infinity a call and they will give u all the info on how and where to send it. I believe u just pay for shipping.
R_ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:09 AM #3
brando123
has a dick like jesus

ok well its not the trigger screws cause it worked for like 3 months and then one day it didnt. but thanks anyway. ill give them a call thanks you very much.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:40 PM #4
t3h_s0ld13.-

t3h_s0ld13.- plays in the PSP
t3h_s0ld13.- is an NCPA National Champion
t3h_s0ld13.- plays in the APPA D5 division
it could be that you had your trigger stop is set to far out so that after thousands of trigger pulls with nothing to stop the trigger but the microswitch that the screws holding the microswitch in place broke or the switch itself broke.

could use more info, like have you opened up your grips and looked where the microswitch is while pulling the trigger? does it wiggle around, or does it just not shoot?

if it wiggles around when you pull the trigger then you probably just need a new screw to refasten it, and if it just doesnt shoot, then i'd check two things:

1. if you have taken your frame off recently, check that the noid wires aren't broken. (if you haven't taken the frame off, then I highly recommend that you continue not to unless you really need to)

2. check to make sure you have a fresh battery in the gun, actually.. this should probably be number 1
t3h_s0ld13.- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:43 PM #5
brando123
has a dick like jesus

^ its not the battery or noid cause it fires if i press the trigger hard enough.. i think it is the microswitch screws or something. i have taken my grips off but could not get to the switch thing, i just didnt wanna break anything else. the metal switch is loose wiggle around so idk what to do. i will call infinity tomorrow and send it out, but i would rather fix it at home.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:50 PM #6
asdffdsaasdf
Smasher of Keyboards

the microswitch will always be a little wiggly

try this

take your grips off and put your ear next to the board ... now pull the trigger .... you should hear what sounds like a little mouse click

if you dont then your trigger isnt pushing on the microswitch enough

theres a little set screw in the front of your trigger ... actually two ... but you want the one that goes into the grip frame ... not the one that goes up against it (youll know what im talking about)

turn it in (clockwise) half a turn at a time until you hear that little mouseclick

Infinity Legend Parts Swap
asdffdsaasdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:43 PM #7
brando123
has a dick like jesus

^^ i tried to do the screw thing earlier and that didnt help. right now my trigger resembles that of a tippman 98. i can only get one pull on it and i have to really push the trigger hard. and the microswitch is extremely loose, like if you hold the gun barrel down it goes forward and if you hold it barrel up it goes all the way back, like there is nothing holding it.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:36 PM #8
asdffdsaasdf
Smasher of Keyboards

the microswitch is like that

try clicking it with your finger ... push the little metal piece down

Old 06-12-2008, 06:22 PM #9
Blackrain7557
Most negative person ever

Blackrain7557 supports Team VICIOUS
Blackrain7557 is for the Gunfight
Blackrain7557 plays in the APPA beginner division
that metal sheet activates the micro switch, it has to be pushed flat against the back of the switch to activate it,

the actual micro switch is the little white part that sticks out by the metal piece, that is what has to be activated for the gun to fire
Blackrain7557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:38 PM #10
niceCOCKer!
take a bong toke!

have you checked the wires to your microswitch to make sure the didnt get un-soldered/pinched or if its a loose plug that connects to the board??
!!Fueled by OG Kush!!
PINOYBALLASOCIETY
HKarmy Supporter
niceCOCKer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:11 AM #11
asdffdsaasdf
Smasher of Keyboards

well if you cant hear the click ... then your not even hitting it

Old 06-13-2008, 09:19 AM #12
brando123
has a dick like jesus

its clicking and if i press hard enough it is shooting... so the wires are fine and the metal piece is loose, im not sure how the button is... could it be pushed in too far? cause my friend used my gun for a day and when he gave it back it was broken... he told me he took the trigger out and then tried to put it back in but jammed it in too far.... this may have broken it? but im not sure what exactly is broken. thanks for the help guys.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:21 PM #13
asdffdsaasdf
Smasher of Keyboards

if you shove down on the microswitch too hard you can damage it

that sounds like what happened

out of curiosity .... why did your friend take the trigger off

Old 06-13-2008, 04:34 PM #14
R_ion
tang na mo

R_ion posts videos on PbNation
wondering the same also. and when u said its not the trigger screws coz it worked for the last 3 months.. did u mean 3 months ago ur friend took the trigger appart?
It really does sound like the trigger screws the one that goes to the noid. i did the same thing when i adjusted it. u have to press hard to shoot. i just losen it a tiny bit until it shoots properly.

Edit: Try backing up the screw that hits the frame also. if middle screw isnt reaching the microswitch, the frame screw could be holding it back and not pushing too far.

I opened the frame last nite when i was sodering the noid wires and that switch that makes that clicking noise is lose also. but i think its built that way.

Last edited by R_ion : 06-13-2008 at 04:40 PM.
R_ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:28 PM #15
yellowsnow44

from what ive read im not sure if anyone's covered this yet but.. there should be two pins that hold the micro switch in place inside the grip. if one of those pins is missing the switch will flop around and possibly not activate. if your missing one of the two silver pins that could be your problem.

altho as previously stated if your friend did in fact have to force the trigger back into place he may have bent or damaged the micro switch.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:40 PM #16
asdffdsaasdf
Smasher of Keyboards

good picture yellowsnow

the small metal strip thats on the micro is supposed to be loose

microswitches are used for countless things and thats how they all are

Old 06-14-2008, 03:19 PM #17
yellowsnow44

eh its a camera phone pic best i could do while at work lol