Old 06-14-2008, 10:06 PM #3
vaporxxx
Boss

high
vaporxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:04 AM #4
Fish

has been a member for 10 years
Here's a rule of thumb. If the gun you are using has no regulator, then it's pretty much gotta be high pressure. That's because your unregulated Co2 tank (there'e no other kind) is putting out about 800psi at room temperature (that psi changes according to its temperature). Most nitrogen tanks are preset to put out 800psi, although there are exceptions specifically sold with a lowered output pressure.

Without a regulator, your gun is then operating straight off that 800psi (on average), and in paintball we would define that as a high pressure gun. If your gun was designed and sold without a regulator, it probably needs all that pressure to function reliably.

However, if you have a regulator (usually in the form of a foreward grip although sometimes it's built into the bottomline asa) then the gun is operating on something less than whatever your tank happens to be putting out.

If it's a "deluxe" version of a gun that the manufacturer sells without a regulator in a different model, then your gun is still a high pressure gun, but it's maybe running at 600psi (gotta check your manual to know what it operates at) or something like that.

My point? Not every gun with a regulator is a "low pressure" gun.

Even more confusing, there is no single definition of high vs low pressure gun. No industry or government body that issued a requirement for high vs low.

We tend to think of high pressure as 600-900psi

and low pressure as 100-300psi.

You know. About every six months I return to PBnation trading forums, get yanked around by people with no cash, who propose trades they don't want to follow through on and generally waste my time. I get frustrated and go back to Ebay, then about six months later I forget about why I quit trading on PBnation and come back. And the cycle continues.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:16 AM #5
seansexyundies
I hate my username

seansexyundies owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
why buy a tank that cost more then the gun?
that doesn't make any since
Old 06-17-2008, 11:14 AM #6
Fish

has been a member for 10 years
Starting to veer off the subject, but....

Around the turn of the century electropneumatic guns that required a nitrogen system were mostly around the $1000 range. At that price, purchasing a $200-300 nitrogen system was not, proportionate to the price of the gun, a ludicrous proposition. Especially since the kind of person buying a $1000 gun was clearly not a particularly price sensitive shopper.

Since then, manufacturers of the entry level guns have figured out how to adapt the electronic trigger technology to their guns while still keeping the price level of their guns down in the $100-$300 level.

Unfortunately, no advancement has been made on getting the cost of a carbon fiber wrapped nitrogen system significantly cheaper. With the exception of the all aluminum systems, paintball players are still having to spend about $200 (give or take) on a carbon fiber wrapped system.

So the guns that need nitrogen (for the most part) have gotten incredibly cheaper, the gas systems have not.

Trying to make cheaper nitrogen systems, THAT ARE SAFE , is no easy task. Tank manufacturers can't wing it. They have their products tested and regulated by the federal government, so cutting corners is not a particularly good idea.

Imagine if automobile manufacturers could get the price of a car down to $100. But, gas prices stay at $4 a gallon. Instead of praising how cheap cars had gotten, the consumer would be mad that they spend as much on 2 tanks of gas as they did on their car.

You know. About every six months I return to PBnation trading forums, get yanked around by people with no cash, who propose trades they don't want to follow through on and generally waste my time. I get frustrated and go back to Ebay, then about six months later I forget about why I quit trading on PBnation and come back. And the cycle continues.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:03 PM #7
clorox12

high. the gun needs something like 850psi to run.

06 infamous timmy, evil pipe kit, internal ups. virtue!
dxs 45 45
TORQUE!!!
hyperdrived vlocity
clorox12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:50 PM #8
Ionballer1023

dude i hear its medium pressure!
like it takes both.
iono

just what i heard.
Ionballer1023 is offline   Reply With Quote