PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-10-2008, 06:51 AM #1
pbman657 (Banned)
dude

whats the total cost....

hey, im thinking of going next year. excluding travel expenses, whats the total cost of playing?

how much cases do you usually buy? How much is a case? just post what you usually pay for the game.

i already have my own gear
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2008, 09:53 AM #2
drnez

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbman657 View Post
hey, im thinking of going next year. excluding travel expenses, whats the total cost of playing?

how much cases do you usually buy? How much is a case? just post what you usually pay for the game.

i already have my own gear
$70 entry
$65/case
food
vender gear
etc

I plan on shooting at least 3 cases wednesday - saturday.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:37 PM #3
paintballskaguy
Quiet Bear

paintballskaguy supports Cereal Killerz 2
paintballskaguy donated to help Peyton Trent
Well.......
pre-register- $70
Paint - $65 a case (plan on shooting at least 2 cases saturday and a case for every mini game)
Food - hot dogs and water!
Gas to get there -$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Camping fees - $5 or Hotel - $65/night would be the cheapest.
Buying stuff from vendors -$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (You wanna get your new gear here, because it's a lot cheaper. ))

then bring some emergency cash for bad things, i.e. keys get lost or locked in car, gun goes down and you need to pay for it to be fixed, tent floods (this sucks) ect.

hope this helps some.

(I spent $450 dollars this year. I live an hour and 45 mins away. I shot 2 and a half cases through out the time I was there (wednesday night - Saturday) but I only played during the scenario games, not on the airball course. I ate hotdogs and drank water.)

Feedback
Old 06-16-2008, 01:13 AM #4
Kansas Kaos
Fresh Crow served daily

Kansas Kaos is a Supporting Member
Kansas Kaos is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballskaguy View Post
Well.......
pre-register- $70
Paint - $65 a case (plan on shooting at least 2 cases saturday and a case for every mini game)
Food - hot dogs and water!
Gas to get there -$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Camping fees - $5.................................
CAMPING FEES????
Old 06-16-2008, 09:51 AM #5
paintballskaguy
Quiet Bear

paintballskaguy supports Cereal Killerz 2
paintballskaguy donated to help Peyton Trent
yep. They use the fees to pay for the water, trash service and the port-a-bathroom service. That money has to come from somewhere.

Feedback
Old 06-16-2008, 11:04 AM #6
drnez

I thought the camping fee was rather BS. $5 to cover the cost of cleanup, etc... ok.. then what does the $70 cover?

Granted the field is great, and $75 for a week of paintball is still a good price.. I just think the $5 fee should have been waived for registered players. Thats an extra $20,000, not including spectators.. so you can probably double that number. They had MAYBE 100 portacrappers, not enough IMO. They also only had 30 ref's on the field.. Thats like 1 ref per 1000 players. They needed 10 times that.. With all the money that was charged, you'd think they would spend a bit more on the important things like that.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:17 AM #7
blackmagic71

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnez View Post
They had MAYBE 100 portacrappers, not enough IMO. They also only had 30 ref's on the field.. Thats like 1 ref per 1000 players. They needed 10 times that..
Lol, your math is seriously flawed. If thay had 1 ref per 1000 players they would have had 4 or 5. More refs would be nice but I dont think I was ever that far from any of them and the amount of refs worked for me. I do agree tho that more "portacrappers" are needed.

What did I spend this year? A TON... I think my wallet is still crying.

Gas----------------------------------- $125
3 cases------------------------------- $195
Food----------------------------------- $65
Vendor purchases (new v35 halo)-------- $85
T-shirts (4, also w/unit emblem)----------$80ish
Camping gear I had to buy (tarps etc..)---$40ish
Registration------------------------------$75

Total----------------------------------$665

Thats a heck of alot of money... But it was worth it and I plan on registering again ASAP when registration opens back up. Also in all fairness I didnt need the T-shirts, or the v35 Halo, and I wont need to buy new camping stuff for next year which would knowck off $200 or so.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:00 PM #8
Kansas Kaos
Fresh Crow served daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballskaguy View Post
yep. They use the fees to pay for the water, trash service and the port-a-bathroom service. That money has to come from somewhere.
*lol* that was the same reason given for raising the registration fee a few years back..... So I can assume RV spaces went up as well?
Old 06-17-2008, 12:35 AM #9
JESTERTLS

Dont know. But I heard the price of power hook up over at the Commonwealth camping area, and Wooo Boy! It was about the same as my monthly bill at the house.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:25 AM #10
drnez

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmagic71 View Post
Lol, your math is seriously flawed. If thay had 1 ref per 1000 players they would have had 4 or 5. More refs would be nice but I dont think I was ever that far from any of them and the amount of refs worked for me. I do agree tho that more "portacrappers" are needed.
Sorry, I meant to say 1 ref per 100 players. Hell, I'm still tired from the 13+ hour drive home.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:29 PM #11
Wuzup101
Penn State

Man... I would love to go out to D-day next year, but the travel costs would be killer (from pennsylvania). I would probably be down for going wed-sun or something like that (and camping out) if there were some people from the area to go with. I wish Skirmish would have something like this (as opposed to ION)... both skirmish and EMR are within a 2 hour (1 gas tank) drive from me (well skirmish is like 45min). It's so much easier when you can just drive and bring all the gear you need in the back of the van (food/plenty of water/parts/full tool box/etc...).

As far as prices go, from what I've seen the field is pretty damn nice... and $70 for the week isn't bad (it's a bit high if you are JUST going for saturday). $5 fee for camping is plenty fine to cover the cost of bathrooms/cleanup/and fresh water (props for providing fresh water).

I can deal with $65 per case... that's not bad at all. EMR is $80 (and still worth it because it's an awesome experience). I haven't been to a skirmish scenario in a while... but ****... their website lists paint at $100 a case. It'll be a cold day in hell before I'm happy about paying for that (not that I have anything against skirmish - that was the first field I ever played at 9-10 years ago).

Edit: Nevermind... I didn't look at the "scenario" rates for skirmish! Didn't realize that paint was discounted (73+tax at ION). That's much more reasonable than $100.

Last edited by Wuzup101 : 06-21-2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Info Mistake!
Old 06-22-2008, 12:08 PM #12
Kansas Kaos
Fresh Crow served daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzup101 View Post
$5 fee for camping is plenty fine to cover the cost of bathrooms/cleanup/and fresh water (props for providing fresh water).
Agreed.... that is why when it was done a couple years ago it was no big deal. But adding another 5 bux to the cost and saying it's for the same services again is just 'silly'. Why not just say it like it is.... they're raising it another $5 because they want to and they still think it's a good deal.
As for giving 'props' for fresh water, the thanks should be directed to several key PLAYERS for coming up with the idea a few years ago and getting it pushed thru.....
Old 06-22-2008, 06:05 PM #13
Wuzup101
Penn State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Kaos View Post
Agreed.... that is why when it was done a couple years ago it was no big deal. But adding another 5 bux to the cost and saying it's for the same services again is just 'silly'. Why not just say it like it is.... they're raising it another $5 because they want to and they still think it's a good deal.
As for giving 'props' for fresh water, the thanks should be directed to several key PLAYERS for coming up with the idea a few years ago and getting it pushed thru.....
Props to the players then... I can remember plenty of games/places where "fresh water" was at a premium. I still always bring a 10 gal jug in the back of my car... but it's nice to know that it's there if needed.

As far as the $5... I wasn't aware that it was added again (or whatnot). $70+5 still seams to be a damn good deal if you are going to go for more than just one day. Obviously, if you are just playing on saturday... then that's a pretty sizable chunk of money. But yeah, I don't know what the prices have been historically.... or what their operational costs are... so I can't really comment on that.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:49 PM #14
Sauerkraut
Molōn labe!

I drove from the Chicago area (~1200 miles round trip) with 3 others in the vehicle and a trailer in tow. We camped at the KOA in Joplin. This is an inexpensive alternative to staying at the field. Granted you miss some of the evening fun and the camaraderie of your friends etc, but the site is clean, they have clean showers, toilets, laundry facilities, a pool etc. Its worth the short drive each day.

We arrived Sunday the 8th and departed Sunday the 16th. It was a long, fun week. But, other than the team training we performed, we wouldnt have missed much if we arrived on Wednesday. I will do so next year. Most of teh vendors werent set up until Friday anyway. So you get a mini game Wednesday, 2 Thursday, the civil war battle Friday, the parade etc. Saturdays big game and everything in between. That plenty.

Cost for us for the week was ~900 bucks. We split the gas, food and camping costs. So for 4 people to have a week of kick *** paintball fun was not too expensive. DDay is incredible and this year may have been the best ever. What an awesome battle and no beefs from anyone. The games were well played by both sides and were well balanced (event the early week mini games where the Germans were hopelessly outnumbered and without armor support we great fun. The event cannot be properly described through words. Oklahoma DDay must be experienced in order to truly appreciate the event.

If you are considering it I highly encourage you to go. This is a great time to commit, begin planning and saving for the event. You have a year to make it happen. My son and I started a small lawn care business to cover our paintball habit :-) Not only have we been able to play several travel events each year but we have purchased a lot of great equipment and turned a little profit too. Paintball is an expensive sport, but if you love the game you can find a way to make it all happen.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:39 PM #15
pbman657 (Banned)
dude

wow! i just looked on the site for 2009 and found out that the actual game is only 2 days! well anyway, i thought it was like a full week....

whats are "mini-scenarios"?

also, would it be best to bring my 20oz tank for my tippmann or my 48/3k?

cuzz the 20oz will last longer but will take longer to refil

but the HPA will last maybe only 500 paintballs but will refill alot quicker...

Last edited by pbman657 : 06-25-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:30 PM #16
whitney1

The actual D-day game is only on saturday that's true, but it's a full day event. The Airborne were formed and on buses before 7am and didn't leave the feild until shortly after 5pm when the game ended.

There is 1-2 mini-scenarios per day, and by wednesday the total number of players is already higher than most games. (Some have over 1000 players in them). You also have nightly speedball at the airball fields, the night game thursday night, various training courses and extra events, the Invasion Bowl (which I think should be a yearly event now...) and the vendors, parade and tank battles. It's worth the money...seriously. All that for $70 is pretty cheap when you consider a single day game is usually anywhere form $35-65 bucks for just a weekend.

And with all the participants leaving as much trash as they do, I'm not surprised at the camping fee. With a steady increase in participants and people traveling form greater distances leaving much more behind to lighten their load going home, there has been a bigger need for larger dumpsters and trash hauling. I'll pay $5 to help keep the field clean for another year.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:46 PM #17
pbman657 (Banned)
dude

but i still have two questions....

wat exactly are "mini-scenario", and what tank should i use?
Old 06-26-2008, 02:07 AM #18
hardshell

The mini scenrio ' are for fun and to get you used to the field,and bring both tanks you will need them.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:11 AM #19
pbman657 (Banned)
dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardshell View Post
The mini scenrio ' are for fun and to get you used to the field,and bring both tanks you will need them.
both? why
Old 06-26-2008, 06:22 PM #20
custar

The mini-scenarios serve a lot of purposes. First, they allow players to become accustomed to playing in the usually 95* heat and 70%+ humidity. Think of them as conditioning in a way. The mini-scenarios are also used by many units for team-building. A lot of players come in from around the country or even overseas and obviously haven't played with each other recently or at all. Those who don't know the field well have a chance to match up the actual locations to what they have been reading on maps. It allows players a sort of shake down cruise with their equipment to identify problems, etc. And yes, it does sell paint for the promoter.

The mini-scenarios ran from 2 to 3 hours this year. You can run out of air and paint in those if you aren't careful. I carried two 68/45 tanks with me on Saturday and almost ran both empty.

custar
Sgt Major, OK D-Day German Army '08

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
Old 06-26-2008, 07:42 PM #21
pbman657 (Banned)
dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
The mini-scenarios serve a lot of purposes. First, they allow players to become accustomed to playing in the usually 95* heat and 70%+ humidity. Think of them as conditioning in a way. The mini-scenarios are also used by many units for team-building. A lot of players come in from around the country or even overseas and obviously haven't played with each other recently or at all. Those who don't know the field well have a chance to match up the actual locations to what they have been reading on maps. It allows players a sort of shake down cruise with their equipment to identify problems, etc. And yes, it does sell paint for the promoter.

The mini-scenarios ran from 2 to 3 hours this year. You can run out of air and paint in those if you aren't careful. I carried two 68/45 tanks with me on Saturday and almost ran both empty.

custar
Sgt Major, OK D-Day German Army '08

thansks.since my tippmann is r/t, does that mean i cant use the sweet spot or is it an exception?

but i think ill just use my 48/3k n my back-pack incase my 20oz runs out