Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-17-2008, 12:59 AM #1
M0UTH

OK D-Day 2008 - THE ULTIMATE GERMAN RECRUITING POST

Greetings from the Oklahoma D-Day German High Command.

OK D-Day 2008 is just five months away, so if you're interested in coming, its time to start thinking about the trip to Oklahoma.

Hope to see you there in the German Army!

Oklahoma D-Day 2008 * June 9-15, 2008

Got Questions? Email us at:
recruiting@axsicommand.org

Festung Gruppe Normandie - Fortress Group Normandy...

The name says it all.

Join the German Infantry TODAY and take your place on the battleline among the dedicated German Players that man the miles of trenchworks, bunker complexes, towering fortresses, and urban sprawl of the nearly 800-Acre D-Day Adventure Park playing field.

From densely packed mock towns, to the most authentic and awe-inspiring beachheads ever experienced on the scenario paintball battlefield it is the German Infantry that mans the battlements against the oncoming Allied Horde landing every June at D-Day Adventure Park in Wyandotte, Oklahoma.

If you would like your chance to say "I faced the largest paintball invasion in history... and I helped defeat it!" then pick your unit and Join the German Infantry today!

3 epic beaches, 5 major towns, 4 principle bridges, over 15 simultaneous objectives, nearly 800-acres of playing field - all under the fearless shield of the dedicated German Infantry... and all of it awaiting attack by the largest paintball army the world has ever seen.

In the German Army we often draw parallels between the type of game we play and the famous battle of the 300 Spartans at Thermopylae. Joining the German Infantry is as close as most of us will ever get to that sort of experience just for the sheer fun of doing it. As Germans, we fight outnumbered – by both intention and design.

Nowhere is this reality more evident then in the German Infantry. Join the German Infantry and as you face down the almost innumerable Allied hordes on the beaches and battle them back from the walls and gates of your fortresses, you will know that you've forever become a part not only of paintball history but of one of the most amazing experiences of a lifetime.

There are no age restrictions for German Infantry Units. Without a doubt, The German Infantry is a great choice for the entire family as well as those players that are new to Oklahoma D-Day.

CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE AT THE OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA D-DAY FORUM...

Panzer Korps, Festung Europa - Tank Corps, Fortress Europe...

Are you a die-hard paintball tanker interested in bringing your tank and crew to D-Day 2008? Does the mere sight of tanks running rampant on the battlefield give you the urge to snatch up the nearest anti-tank weapon and hunt them down? Do you have that special love of operating side-by-side with tanks on the field as a member of an elite mechanized infantry unit? Are you a builder of heavy weapons who loves to bring fearsome firepower to the field?

If you answered YES to any of these questions, then a spot in one of the Units of the German Panzer Korps is just what you've been looking for.

No matter what your niche, from classic Double-Trouble wielding "Hammer" to Tank Commander to Mech Infantry Grunt, the paintball adventure of a lifetime is waiting for you in the German Panzer Korps.

Drawing heavily on the rich histories of the historical units that make up the Panzer Korps, we have defined many detailed roles for players of all kinds within the units of the German Panzer Korps...

The Abwehr, Normandie - German Special Operations Command, Normandy...

The most impressive, talented, and hard-charging collection of die-hard scenario warrirors in the world can be found in the German Special Operations Command (GSOC). GSOC draws on the combined skill-sets of not only vast scenario paintball experience but real-world experience as well to field the most formidible force of elite scenario players the world has ever seen.

Outnumbered nearly two-to-one by their Allied Special Operations counterparts, the players of GSOC are truly a cut above the norm. Facing the titanic Allied Airborne Invasion on multiple fronts while simultaneously lending their hard-hitting striking power the the German Fortress Units they support, the battle awaiting the players of GSOC at Oklahoma D-Day is not simply "challenging" or "daunting" - it's epic.

If facing 2-to-1, 5-to-1, or even 10-to-1 odds, while pounding ground over miles of rugged playing field, while facing enemies from all directions deep within your enemies own lines sounds like the perfect way to spend a day of playing paintball... Then signing up with a German Special Forces Unit is going to be right up your alley.

The players of GSOC fight in every corner of D-Day Adventure Park's nearly 800-acre playing field. You will stand toe-to-toe against the very best the Allied Army has to send against you. If the mission sounds impossible, German High Command will call on YOU to accomplish it.

The unit pride, comraderie, and esprit de corps found among the German Special Forces Units is unparalled at Oklahoma D-Day. From the leadership and direction brought to these units by active and former military service members to the dedicated, honarable players that fill the ranks - you will find no greater comittment to excellence on and off the field then among the German Special Operations Units at Oklahoma D-Day.

If you chose to join a German Speical Operations Unit, you must be prepared to be on the field all day and to cover vast amounts of territory on foot over and over again. These units are not for the feint-of-heart. Good physical conditioning is a must, as is proper gear and equipment to endure a full day of hardcore play in the Oklahoma summer heat under some of the most grueling conditions imaginable.

*** NOTICE: You must be at least 15 Years Old by the time of D-Day 2008 to join one of these Units ***
No Exceptions.

While details of their actual missions year-to-year are classified, here's a taste of what you can expect from each GSOC Unit...

And remember as always - Whether you chose German or Allied, just get out there and play!

See you on the Hill in 2008!

Carry On.

Executive Officer, 21st Panzer Division
OKDDAY German High Command

THE GERMAN RECRUITING OFFICE FOR D-DAY 2008 IS NOW OPEN
www.ddayadventurepark.com
www.axiscommand.org

Last edited by M0UTH : 01-17-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2008, 11:02 PM #2
JAM ENTERPRISES

JAM ENTERPRISES is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
do you have many spots left in the special forces units?
i am planning on bringging my speedball team (we play woodsball and scenarios too)
there will be about 15 of us ranging from open class tourny players to recballers
any info will be helpful
thanks
Old 01-18-2008, 12:17 AM #3
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM ENTERPRISES View Post
do you have many spots left in the special forces units?
i am planning on bringging my speedball team (we play woodsball and scenarios too)
there will be about 15 of us ranging from open class tourny players to recballers
any info will be helpful
thanks
Yes, indeed we do. There are four special forces units in the OK D-Day German Army. The Geisterjagers are designated as the German Sniper Korps. While we do have dedicated, lone-wolf snipers, we actually operate in a unit in the manner of a Marine recon unit. I am a bit prejudiced because I run in the Geisterjagers, but we do have an outstanding unit with a very high retention rate from year to year. That tells you something right there. We take the fight to the enemy, so in the GJ's you definitely WON'T be lacking for action.

The 6th Fallschrimjagers is another elite special forces unit; the German paratroopers. The 6th is headed by 00Buckshot, a former U.S. airborne man himself, so the 6th is the only aiirborne unit on either side of OK D-Day actually commanded by a paratrooper. Think of the 6th as a Ranger battalion. Engage, destroy, look for more to destroy. Repeat as long as there are Allies on the field.

The Brandenburg Kommandos are exactly that, the German Kommandos. They function like a SEAL unit, using hit and run tactics. The CO of the Kommandos is very experienced, and at least last year the Kommandos were anchored by Cruel Paintball, a team that did very well nationally in the SPPL.

The 1058th MEK is new to the OK D-Day landscape for '08. The MEK is a force interdiction unit commanded by Poison, former CO of the 716th Infantry. The Geisterjagers helped Poison and the 716th closely in '07, so I can tell you from personal experience he is a hard-charging CO who leads from the front, not one who commands others from the rear. Plan on a lot of up close and personal action in the 1058th.

The special forces units almost always fill fastest, so sign up and get involved with the planning as soon as possible. Feel free to PM me or Mouth for additional information. The German Army would love to have your team for '08 in any unit you choose.

custar
Sgt Major, OK D-Day Army '08
Old 01-18-2008, 08:54 AM #4
MOUTH

JAM ENTERPRISES,

When you're team makes their decision, getting registered sooner is always better then getting registered later. It's par-for-the-course for German Special Operations units to have plenty of room left one day... and then literally fill up overnight.

Any sign-up date after the first of the year is a foot race with other players to get in before these smaller units cap out.

Please feel free to contact myself or Custar with any questions you might have.

On a side note, your team might also consider joining up with the 21st Panzer Division as Assault Grenadiers - another example of a highly mobile, hit-hard-hit-all-day unit.

The 21st has a bit of a twist - we're a Mechanized Heavy Infantry Division, which means all forces within this unit work hand-in-hand with the massive fleet of tanks in the German Arsenal.

Simply put, wherever the Allied Forces are the strongest, wherever their advance threatens to break through all other forces - The 21st Panzer goes.

Kind of like Custar, hey we're all a LITTLE biased about our "home" units, but no matter what unit you and your team choose, we can find a comfortable home for all of you in the German Army.

Talk to you soon!
Old 01-18-2008, 05:13 PM #5
JAM ENTERPRISES

i am getting everyones money together am
nd will be signing up by the end of the month
we are also trying to get a 20 x 40 tent or bigger to stay in there
we like to do hit and run tactics, some sniper and sneaky stuff (have some real good shooters) and straight up gun fighting
hopefully you guys will not be full
anything i can do to reserve spots before we sign up officially?
thanks
Old 01-18-2008, 08:15 PM #6
custar

A couple of your JAM bolts would do it.

Just kidding (although I do have one of your A/C bolts, and I like it). The Bunker handles registrations for the event, and spots can't be reserved. However, if you register your group by the end of the January, you will be fine in any of the special forces units or the 21st.

custar
Sgt Major, OK D-Day German Army '08
Old 01-18-2008, 08:25 PM #7
JAM ENTERPRISES

can arrange to have some there
Old 01-18-2008, 08:32 PM #8
SlavaROKZ (Banned)
2 Girls. No Cup. Epic

I've got a question. I've signed up for the 21st Panzer Division. Do i have to bring a tank? If so, i might need to move to some other division. Also, would it be possible to take the sniper classes and be a sniper while on the 21st?
Old 01-18-2008, 09:06 PM #9
custar

We can work out something. PM Mouth, and he and I shall coordinate.

custar
Sgt Major, OK D-Day German Army '08
Old 01-18-2008, 10:01 PM #10
MOUTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM ENTERPRISES View Post
i am getting everyones money together am
nd will be signing up by the end of the month
we are also trying to get a 20 x 40 tent or bigger to stay in there
we like to do hit and run tactics, some sniper and sneaky stuff (have some real good shooters) and straight up gun fighting
hopefully you guys will not be full
anything i can do to reserve spots before we sign up officially?
thanks
You should still be able to get in any German unit of your choice by the end of the month. Let us know what you're team decides.

As far as the style of play or playing-experience you're looking for, it sounds like you'll fit right in with any GSOC unit or the 21st Panzer as well, so take your pick, we'll keep a light on for you.

Regarding large tents, the folks at www.crazydebbiesfireworks.com were renting oversized, high-quality pavilion tents last year. We used SEVERAL in the German command and they were fantastic. Reasonably priced too.

Check them out at their website and give them a call. If they're still doing it this year, they can offer the package deal, which is: delivery, setup, 'x' days use, take-down, and pick-up all for one VERY reasonable price.

Give us a buzz if you need anything. That's what we're here for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlavaROKZ
I've got a question. I've signed up for the 21st Panzer Division. Do i have to bring a tank? If so, i might need to move to some other division. Also, would it be possible to take the sniper classes and be a sniper while on the 21st?
First, no you don't have to bring a tank. 90% of the roles and unit positions in the 21st Panzer DON'T involve bringing a tank. I've got plenty of comfy places in the division that you can make yourself at home in. All I need from you is you, your gear, a good attitude, and a willingness to get out there in the teeth of the beast.

None of that requires a tank. The tanks are a feature of the unit, but like any successful unit, its all about Privates and Paint and putting them both to proper use.

As far as can you be a sniper in the 21st - you can take the sniper course and be a qualified sniper for any unit, and that includes the 21st. I have a whole "special operations" section of the division that you'll probably feel right at home in.

I'll explain the special mission of snipers in a Panzer division when we meet, or perhaps before if we have a chance to get to know each other between now and game time.

Talk to you soon.

Carry On.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:42 PM #11
custar

custar
Old 01-27-2008, 11:52 PM #12
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)
BOS

How many threads do you all actually need.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:59 PM #13
Chekotai86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
How many threads do you all actually need.
Consider this a bump for my friends on the German side, and an explanation for all.

If you do not know why each unit at D-Day tries to put up their own thread on every forum possible, then you obviously haven't been to D-Day. While it is quite simple for a place like ION to register for a side (Americans, Germans, french), it is a totally different situation for D-Day. Each side is split up into individualized units to assist in the overall organization of each side. Also, every unit develops its own traditions, memories, etc, and so they try to recruit to get people into those units to allow others to experience the unique brand of camaraderie that you can only get at D-Day. Each unit prides itself on trying to recruit the best possible players as well and to make sure their unit is as filled as possible, and thus each unit tries to not only outdo the opposing side (Allies vs. Germans), but to outdo other units on their own side. It is a sense of belonging that cannot be had in any other large paintball event, and to truly understand, you should really try to go to D-Day.

It is like playing on a paintball scenario team, but instead of seeing each other a lot in person or playing together all the time, you get that camaraderie with people who live between 5 and 5000 miles away (and no I am not kidding about that distance... ask the Aussies or the Palestinian who showed up last year)

Last edited by Chekotai86 : 01-28-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:00 AM #14
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)
BOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chekotai86 View Post
Consider this a bump for my friends on the German side, and an explanation for all.

If you do not know why each unit at D-Day tries to put up their own thread on every forum possible, then you obviously haven't been to D-Day. While it is quite simple for a place like ION to register for a side (Americans, Germans, french), it is a totally different situation for D-Day. Each side is split up into individualized units to assist in the overall organization of each side. Also, every unit develops its own traditions, memories, etc, and so they try to recruit to get people into those units to allow others to experience the unique brand of camaraderie that you can only get at D-Day. Each team prides itself on trying to recruit the best possible players as well and to make sure their unit is as filled as possible, and thus each unit tries to not only outdo the opposing side (Allies vs. Germans), but to outdo other units on their own side. It is a sense of belonging that cannot be had in any other large paintball event, and to truly understand, you should really try to go to D-Day.
And you obviously have no idea who you are talking to.

This is PBN not the DDAY forum.

Is it so difficult to have 2 threads with links to all the other sub squads.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:25 AM #15
blackrain

blackrain is a founding member
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
OK so where is the thread for the 101st AB. I need to hook up with those guys. Can someone link me to it?
Later,
Blackrain
Old 01-28-2008, 11:10 AM #16
Splathappy
Doom! Doom! Doom!

Annual Supporting Member
Splathappy is a Supporting Member
Splathappy is playing at Living Legends III
Splathappy is playing at Living Legends V
Splathappy is playing at Living Legends VI
Splathappy posts videos on PbNation
Quote:

This is PBN not the DDAY forum.

Is it so difficult to have 2 threads with links to all the other sub squads.
Its just not practical. The command staff of each unit takes it upon them selfs to recruit and each does it in its own way, it's more like a team trying to recruit regular members, besides i don't think people pay that much attention to the threads with a small number of posters and a few links, its the big threads with questions and comments that draw in the big crowds.

but here is some sub links just for you -

THE GERMAN PANZER KORPS - PICK YOUR UNIT & JOIN TODAY!

THE GERMAN INFANTRY - PICK YOUR UNIT & JOIN TODAY!

THE GERMAN SPECIAL FORCES - PICK YOUR UNIT & JOIN TODAY!

We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How
long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about
something real?
- Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451, 1953
Old 01-28-2008, 12:40 PM #17
Chekotai86

And it is also unlikely that the people who stop in will bother wanting to go to another area ENTIRELY to find out more information. Let alone trying to figure out which of the units they want to join since there probably would only be (at the most) short explanations about what each unit is. And if each unit had members posting randomly throughout that thread, it would get almost too confusing to follow which unit was which. So it is easier to just split them up and let people read up on the ones that they want to.

However, I am thread-jacking from some friends of mine so I will cease and desist from here on out and wish good luck to the Germans in their recruiting efforts (they are gonna need it. )
Old 01-28-2008, 09:06 PM #18
Kansas Kaos
Fresh Crow served daily

Kansas Kaos is a Supporting Member
Kansas Kaos is a founding member
Quote:
*lol* I doubt he does.....
I guess being a long time PBN moderator (or is it supermod?) does't carry much weight with the new-ish OK/DD'rs, eh Harbinger? Harb has a point in that both sides can effectively recruit from this forum with only a few threads rather than a dozen different ones. In fact this thread is a decent example. Mouth has listed tons of info as well as some links and/or other contact information. I haven't been paying as much attention to the Allied side of things but I know from last year several Allied units had there own websites/forums, I'm sure this year is no different. Besides, it's been said here many times before by those close and/or members of the DD staff.... If you wanna know what's happening at Oklahoma D-Day visit the Official D-Day Website. It's full of detailed info so why not utilize it??
And yes Chekotai86, I've been to d-day several times so I understand the dynamics each side faces in recruiting as well as commanding a unit. I am also a former PBN moderator so I know what Harbinger means.

Last edited by Kansas Kaos : 01-28-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:49 PM #19
Chekotai86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Kaos View Post
*lol* I doubt he does.....
I guess being a long time PBN moderator (or is it supermod?) does't carry much weight with the new-ish OK/DD'rs, eh Harbinger? Harb has a point in that both sides can effectively recruit from this forum with only a few threads rather than a dozen different ones. In fact this thread is a decent example. Mouth has listed tons of info as well as some links and/or other contact information. I haven't been paying as much attention to the Allied side of things but I know from last year several Allied units had there own websites/forums, I'm sure this year is no different. Besides, it's been said here many times before by those close and/or members of the DD staff.... If you wanna know what's happening at Oklahoma D-Day visit the Official D-Day Website. It's full of detailed info so why not utilize it??
And yes Chekotai86, I've been to d-day several times so I understand the dynamics each side faces in recruiting as well as commanding a unit. I am also a former PBN moderator so I know what Harbinger means.
Kaos, I know you have been to D-Day and know that Harbringer is a mod. And I meant no disrespect in my statement, but merely was trying to point out the way that I see information presented and how that information gets out for the different units. And I understand what you guys mean by having a couple dozen of these threads cluttering up the board. Perhaps if this forum had a couple sub-categories it would not clutter up as much, just a thought. Either way, no harm or insult was meant in any of my statements. Was merely trying to respond to a question that was posed.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:41 PM #20
Kansas Kaos
Fresh Crow served daily

Kansas Kaos is a Supporting Member
Kansas Kaos is a founding member
Chekotai86, I totally uderstand your enthusiasm and what you are saying. The point we're trying to make is that a few well written threads that direct players to a more detailed site makes far more sense. You know, quality... not quanity.
It's like I said above, this thread is a good example of what could be done. Add a link to the Woodland Warriors site for those interested in the 21st Panzer, let them speak with Bill and the guys. And put a link in for Zeke's Anti-tank unit for those that wanna chase tanks. Etc, etc... same for the Allied.
Allow me, here is a link to the Official D-Day Forum's "Recruiting Depot". Both Allied & German units are well represented there..... http://www.ddayadventurepark.com/ind...d=3&board=13.0
Hope this helps those seeking info on a specific unit.

Last edited by Kansas Kaos : 01-28-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:59 AM #21
Bond Chick

Cool

Sincere thanks, Kansas Kaos.

Just two more weeks until Unit specific recruiting is done.

Thank you for your patience!

http://www.ddayadventurepark.com/ind...d=3&board=13.0