PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-09-2008, 12:09 PM #1
pballstarx124x
Boner Patrol

pballstarx124x is for the Gunfight
May have got scammed but not sure. Need some advice please

Hello Mods I dealt with a certain user on here and we were to trade his mini set-up + $50 for my Shocker. Ok deal was that we were to ship at the same time. When I shipped I had tracking and it says delivered on USPS on May 30 but he claims that the would not leave it at his address because it is unsafe and they were to ship it back to me. So he cancelled his shipment against my wanting and said he we could ship again to an alternate address when I got the Shocker back. Well its June 9th and still no Shocker. His house phone is now out of service and won't answer his cell. USPS said that they could document that it was delivered for me. I don't know what to do and I need some help from the experts. Oh and I have a picture of his drivers license. Thanks for any help.

If you want his real name, address, phone number... etc I'll gladly supply it through a pm
pballstarx124x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2008, 12:11 PM #2
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

John is an Administrator
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
I'm sorry someone took advantage of you. You should definitely read the threads stickied in the Theft Forum. There's some good advice in there and different advice on what to do now. Unfortunately, there's not a lot we can do here. We have no way of knowing what actually transpired with the deal and we don't have the resources here to mediate Buy/Sell/Trade deals, even if they were made on our website. We just don't know what was promised, what was delivered or if either party is telling us the whole truth.

I would be very cautious dealing with anyone on the site. If they have lots of positive feedback spread out over a long time, that should ease some of your fears. However, if you are nervous about a deal, the other party is trying to rush you or it sounds too good to be true, just don't do it.

You should leave them negative feedback so other users are aware they don't live up to their side of the bargain. Sometimes the feedback will help them know you are serious about the problem as well.

In the future, we strongly recommend you use one of our mods to act as a third party. It might cost a little more, but that way you know you'll get what you were supposed to get.

If you are not going to go through a mod, we recommend both parties use B/S/Trust. For only $1.35 you can have the peace of mind that the first and last name, address, and email address of the other party have all been recorded through paypal. You'll also be able to see if the other person is verified and if their address is confirmed. If they are not willing to spend $1.35 to make sure the trade goes well, why would you want to deal with them?

Before you do another deal on PbNation, we also recommend you read the B/S/T Tips. They might not have saved you this time, but there is a lot of valuable information in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buy/Sell/Trade Rule # 1
Buy/Sell/Trade here on PbNation at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for any part of any transaction. Never send money or product before a deal is agreed to by both sides and full contact information is exchanged and verified. Do not rely on PM's. If the other party is unwilling to share contact information, then don't deal with them. Please read here for more B/S/T tips.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:29 PM #3
pballstarx124x
Boner Patrol

pballstarx124x is for the Gunfight
Thanks for the help John. Do you recommend going directly through the police or try to correct it with this person first?
pballstarx124x is offline   Reply With Quote